Chapter 17

Fix You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"I don't wanna go home just yet." She told the driver when she was asked if he'll be driving her back to the Jung residence. "I want to go somewhere else." Her grandfather is currently out of the country for a business trip and her grandmother joined him, leaving her to have the house all to herself again, as she asked the maid not to arrive for the week that her grandparents are not around and just come back when her grandparents arrive. She no longer instructed the driver on what to do since he already knew that he'll be leaving the keys in the mailbox.

Jessica got out of the car and no longer changed back to her heels and just let her feet continue to rest by wearing flats. She thanked the driver and started walking slowly, enjoying the breeze and walking along the park. She sat on an empty bench when she spotted it and it was facing the Han River. She looked at the river and how calm the water was. It made her feel relaxed and she just enjoyed the view in front of her. There she was, sitting on the bench in front of the river, letting her back relax on the backrest, and just looked at the view that was right in front of her. Her coat was buttoned to keep her warm and her other scarf was in her bag in case it gets too cold. She purposely brought two scarves with her and left the used one in the car.


Her earphones were stuck inside her ears, listening to one of her favorite childhood songs (or probably her ultimate favorite), The Rainbow Connection by the one and the only Kermit the Frog, on repeat. She already spent an hour and a couple of minutes sitting on the bench and listening to music and slowly, sleep was coming to her. The breeze makes her sleepy and she was trying to fight the sleepiness that she felt. "I sat in front of a computer earlier. I think it's best to rest my eyes first," she thought to herself. She closed her eyes, listening to the music, and the breeze helping her eyes get some rest.

She tried to fight the sleepiness and she kept reminding herself mentally to not fall asleep. With her eyes closed, she was mentally singing along to the words of The Rainbow Connection to help her stay awake. She let her eyes rest some more and continued singing along inside her head. After a few more minutes, she was aware of the fact that she was half asleep, but she was still conscious.


Donghae was thinking if he'll go out for a jog, but before going out of his apartment, he found himself dressed casually in jeans, and a long sleeved shirt, topped with a sweatshirt and wore rubber shoes for comfort. He wanted to make himself feel relaxed after another week at the office and decided to go out for driving at night. He drove for minutes before making a full stop at a parking lot and getting off of his car. He went out for a walk after letting his unconscious mind decide where to take him.

Whenever he had a hard time to sleep or just unwind after a toxic week at the office, he will be driving around town, not knowing where his car and his unconscious mind would take him, but he'll usually find himself stopping at the Han River Park and just going out for a walk, then finding a spot for him to sit and just watch the water and enjoy the fresh air.

He was walking with his hands tucked inside the pockets of his sweatshirt and letting the breeze hit his face with his earphones stuck in his ears. He hummed the tunes of the songs that played while he was walking. He liked the fact there's not a lot of people at the river park today, which is very usual during the summer and even at spring. He kept walking until he saw something that made him take slow steps.

"Is that-"

Donghae looked at what he saw carefully. As he walked closer, squinted his eyes to try to get a better vision. He stopped walking and looked at the person

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter