Chapter 23

Fix You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

After almost two centuries of living in Korea, it is only now that Jessica can finally that she has a best friend. Her and Donghae became really close. Yes, she still eats lunch with her grandparents, but whenever they'll leave her for a trip out of town, it made her excited because it only means that she gets to hang out with Donghae. She wasn't like that all before. Of course she loves her grandparents, but whenever she'll reflect on it, she would always tell herself the same thing; "Who can blame me? I never had a close friend ever since I moved here."

She was homeschooled ever since she moved to Korea and when she went to a normal school, she was the quiet girl who loved spending alone time. She wasn't bullied, thankfully, but it was her decision to be isolated from all the other kids. She would always stay in the library and she was quiet in the classroom because she was always reading. Whenever her grandparents would ask her how her day went, she would always say that it was okay and just go straight to her room to study (and  look outside the window and think of her family).

Her grandparents are just happy that finally, after 14 years, it seemed like the thick dark clouds that were blanketing their grandchild was diminished. She was back to the Jessica that they knew before the accident. She's the Jessica that no longer locked herself in the room and just like before, she would watch TV with her grandmother. She's the Jessica that would wait in the kitchen whenever her grandmother would cook lunch during the weekends and chat with her, telling her what happened during her week, as if they didn't see each other everyday. She's the Jessica that would laugh at her grandfather's corny jokes and at her grandparents' occasional bickering. She's the Jessica that would play the piano in the living room often and scold herself loudly for hitting the wrong keys.

She's the Jessica that everyone knew before the accident that took her family away. She's finally happy and her grandparents can finally say that. Their Jessica's no longer lifeless and she's her own self again.

Donghae took her to amusement parks and took long walks with her on weekends or just sit around while doing nothing whenever her grandparents were not around. They rode bikes, they went to the public library, went to museums, visited random places, may it be historical or just interesting and sometime's it's even boring, and even went on a food trip. The two became best friends that even Eunhyuk told Donghae that he was being jealous of Jessica, but Donghae promised to him that they'll always be best buddies and brothers so there's no need for him to feel jealous because his best friend's being somebody else's best friend.

Of course he was just joking. He's happy that Donghae gets to spend time with the girl who makes him smile and inspires him to go to work everyday. After his "I'm jealous of Jessica" joke to his friend who looks like a fish, he'll immediately and tell him to just court Jessica, but Donghae will only say that he can't even if he wants to.

 

 

"That was really fun! Thanks for today!"

He smiled as they stood in front of her house. "It's nothing! I'm really glad you had fun. We gotta go there again next time!"

"We have to! It's a m-" Jessica was not able to finish her sentence when she heard the gate open. She sure instructed the maid to not go since her grandparents won't be around, but it's not the maid who opened the gate. Her eyes were widened when she saw the person that she knew all too well. "I thought you'll arrive on Sunday?"

"Hello to you, too. Yes, I said Sunday at one o'clock in the morning that means, 40 minutes ago and now, I'm here since there's no traffic in the freeway because not a lot of cars are on the road." Grandpa Jung noticed that his granddaughter's not alone and saw Donghae standing a few spaces away from her in front of the gate. "It's nice to see you, Mr. Lee."

Donghae was nervous and he felt like his head will explode anytime soon, but it didn't show on his face. He tried to hide it in the best way that he could. His lit up face turned into an almost expressionless one when he saw the CEO, but he still smiled lightly. Being a respectful person that he is, he bowed and greeted the old man. "Good evening, sir."

There was a few seconds of silence and Jessica was the first one to break it. "Thanks for bringing me home, Donghae." Her lips curved upward into a thin smile and her eyes turned into crescents.

"You're very welcome. I should get going now. See you in the office." His lips formed a thin smile before turning to her grandfather. "Have a good night, sir." He bowed to the old man even if he was shaking a bit on the inside.

"Thank you, Mr. Lee. I'll see you around. Drive safely." The old man smiled lightly.

Donghae nodded before he got inside his vehicle and drove away. The way Mr. Jung smiled at him earlier got him nervous. ", Donghae, ." During the drive home, he swore to himself that he'll start to pray for his soul as soon as he gets home.

 

As Donghae drove away, Jessica went to her grandfather and hugged him. "Sorry I was out, harabeoji. I didn't remember that you'll be back by midnight."

The old man returned her hug and waite

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter