Chapter 16

Fix You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jessica already spent an hour searching through her files, but she can't find it. It's not on her desk, it's not in the cabinet, it's not in the drawers, and it's impossible that she left it at home because she never brings her work home. It's not like she's a lawyer, just like her dad, who requires extra hours at home to do his work. From the moment she went out of the university with the diploma in her hand and medals on her neck, she knows that her job will be less complicated from her father's.

"I just need it, then I'm done."

Again, it was too early for her to finish her task, but it'll always be better to be earlier than the deadline. She still kept searching in the same places for the nth time today, but still, she didn't find the file that she was looking for. It's as if her common sense suddenly worked and hit her like a ton of bricks; she's no longer the only HR manager in her grandfather's company. She snapped her fingers when she had an idea before going out.


Donghae was busily working and trying to finish his task not later than tomorrow, or that would mean overtime and having to go to work on a weekend. Thing is, the report that they have to send is actually due next week. He checked all of the files that were on his desk if he was able to include all of them and he did. Just a couple more paragraphs, and he'll be finished today. He found a file that should probably be handled by the other HR manager and not him. He wanted to include it and start typing again, but he better be sure if it was his or Jessica's.

"I have to check the list again."

He went through the list, but sadly, he just confirmed that it's not his and it should really be Jessica's. Donghae sighed and slumped his back on the backrest. Going to her office and seeing her is the last thing that he wants to do. He was thinking if he will give it to her now or just ask someone to give to her and tell her the 'hey, you probably dropped this' or 'you forgot this somewhere' lines that were usually seen in a TV show that is patronized by teenagers. 

Of course they would not say that to her because she's working as a high-ranking officer, but only the people who have been withe the company for years know that she's the granddaughter of their ultimate boss, just like their HR director.

Two knocks were heard and he asked the person to come in. He fixed his posture and tried to look calm and not panicky because of a simple file. To his surprise, it was her. His eyes didn't widen, his jaw didn't drop, he didn't jump from his seat, but he was calm, collected, and cursing mentally.

Jessica stepped inside his office without any expression, which is completely usual. She noticed that he tried to curve his lips upward, but it seemed like it won't reach, as if he just had Botox injections on his cheeks that will give him difficulty to smile even lightly. "Sorry for barging in here," she started to talk with her voice that sounded cold, which is still very usual. "But did you happen to see a-"

That was her real voice and he couldn't do anything about it, just like what the director told him. Donghae already cut her off by taking the file from his desk and giving it to Jessica. "I was about to give this to you since I had an extra one, which surprised me."

"Thanks." She received it with only an eighth of her half smile. "See you around."

"See you around, Jessica." He finally curved his lips upward and waved at her while she closed his office door. "Great. Just great." He heaved another sigh and went back to his position earlier before she arrived. He just wants to avoid her, but how can he do that when they're not miles and oceans apart and he realized that.

"Grow up, Donghae. You're another year older, so handle this maturely." He reminded himself to not act like an elementary school k

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter