Chapter 15

Fix You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jessica's sitting in front of her desk inside her office, looking healthy and feeling fine as ever, as if she wasn't released from the hospital a couple of days ago. Her grandparents also came back just three days ago and they didn't suspect a thing because the bandaid on her arm was no longer present and she used transparent bandaids on her knees, then covered the visible white part with makeup when she wore a skirt to work, which she only did once.

The maid stayed true to her words when she said that she will not tell her grandparents about her being rushed to the hospital or the fact that Donghae was the one who brought her home because the old Jung couple know that she was not present in their house while they were away. For that, Jessica thanked the lady who has proven her loyalty again.

Donghae was no different from Jessica today. He is currently behind his office desk, working his off on a Friday afternoon, typing words on his computer and flipping through pages with his hands. He is really looking forward for the weekend. It's not that he regrets staying with his officemate at the hospital (and he doesn't regret it, not even one bit), but of course he also missed his mom's cooking. 

Does he blame her for what happened that he wasn't able to go home? That would probably be the last thing on his mind. Taking care of someone instead of going home and driving on a slippery road just to be able to eat a meal prepared by his mother. He can do that some other time and he was very sure that his mom would tell him to take care of her, though he lied because he knows that she will automatically think that her son's dating that girl.

"My eyes are hurting." He backed away to the wall and slouched his back on the backrest, with his head leaned back and hands covering his eyes, making them rest for a bit. He was a bit tired from all the reading that he did today, so he decided to leave his office and eat his lunch.

As he closed his office door, his saw a figure from the corner of his eyes that made him look "You're here?"

Jessica was surprised that someone suddenly spoke when she closed her office door. Turns out she stepped outside her office the same time Donghae did. "Why wouldn't I be here?" She was confused when he said such thing when he saw her.

"I didn't mean to be an eavesdropper, but I thought you were going to see your grandparents soon."

She blinked in confusion before speaking. "Yes and I wouldn't be here because?"

He walked with her to the elevator and they waited for the lift to arrive together. "Because you are going on leave." He suddenly turned to face her. "Right?"

Jessica turned her head to face him as well. "Wrong. Why would I go on leave?"

"Because they live somewhere far? Unless you're going to see them tomorrow."

"Actually, they live with me and they went on a trip and they just arrived last Tuesday." She got inside the lift before Donghae as he pushed the button for her not to be sandwiched by the door. To return the favor, she pressed the button inside until he went in.

"I thought you were going on a leave. Sorry about that, but at least you know that I really wasn't eavesdropping." He felt a bit embarrassed with what he said earlier. "You're going out for lunch now?"

She nodded her head to answer his question.

"Are you going to eat alone again?"

This time, she shook her head in response. "How about yo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter