Chapter 22

Fix You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jessica was quietly working her office when she heard a knock on the door and asked for the person to come inside. She looked away from the screen to see who it was and it was her grandfather. "Harabeoji, is there anything I need to do?" Her grandfather had a serious look on his face. He was not mad, he didn't seem like it. It's more of a serious with a hint of worry look.

"Sooyeon, please tell me the truth. I asked the security who the trapped employee was and I received word that you were there. Were you really inside the faulty lift?"

She blinked and as she looked at the older man who was standing in front of her desk. "Harabeoji, don't worry about me. I'm fine." Her lips formed a thin smile to reassure her grandfather that she was okay.

"But y-"

"Harabeoji, I'm fine. Sure, I got scared at first, but I was alright. I was just complained that help didn't arrive soon because it was becoming stuffy inside."

"Are you sure?"

She nodded with her thin smile across her face.

"Were you the only one who got trapped?"

She shook her head. "There's actually two of us."

"Who's the other one?"

"He's the ot-"

A knock on the door was heard again and the door opened. "Here's th-" the person stopped talking as he diverted his eyes away from the paper that he was holding. He saw the company's president and bowed to him. "I'm just gonna g-" he was on his way out, but he stopped his steps.

"Wait, don't go anywhere." Jessica called out to him and it made him turn around. "Harabeoji, it's him." She whispered to her grandfather and her grandfather nodded while forming an O with his mouth.

"I'll be on my way out. Oh, and Mr. Lee, Ms. Jung told me that you were with her in the elevator."

Donghae was a bit nervous that the big cheese of the company was talking to him and is currently standing in front of him. He remembered seeing him in the car with Jessica, so it made him feel a bit more awkward. "Y-yes, sir."

"Don't be scared, son." Mr. Jung patted his shoulder to make him feel less tensed. "I'm just going to ask you something. Can I join you in your office?"

"S-sure, sir. I'm just going to give these papers to my co-worker."

"Go ahead."

"Here you go." He placed the three sheets of paper on Jessica's table as he whispered. He was in a rush.

"Thanks." Her lips curved upward and watched the two lads go out of her office.

Donghae opened the door for the president as they left Jessica's office and as they entered his. The president thanked him and sat in front of his desk. "Sir, is there anything wrong?"

"No, there's none. I just wanted to know if you're okay because of the elevator suddenly crashing."

"Oh. Yes, sir. I'm alright. No cuts and bruises." He smiled at him and the old man smiled back.

"That's good to know. I also want to apologize for the sudden malfunction. Son, I just want to ask about Jessica. Did she have a breakdown? How was she?"

"Sir, I'd be lying if I say that she was calm the entire time. When we noticed that the elevator was acting up, she suddenly grabbed on the railing and her grip tightened when it suddenly dropped. She felt scared. She was shaking and she said that she was scared. I let her sit on the floor when we were stuck and I started fanning her. It took a short while, but she finally calmed down."

Mr. Jung shook her head as he thought of how the memories of the plane crash must've came back to her granddaughter. "Did she say that it reminded her of something?"

"Yes, sir."

He looked sad. "That poor girl," he said to himself in an inaudible tone. He sighed before looking at her granddaughter's co-worker. "At least you were there to help her calm down. I was worried that she was alone. Thanks for telling me everything, Mr. Lee and sorry again for the faulty elevator."

"No problem, sir." He smiled and stood up when he saw the older man stand up.

Mr. Jung was heading towards the door and Donghae was followi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter