Chapter 19

Fix You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

He was the first one to wake up and while his eye were still close, he could feel something heavy on his shoulder. "So I really wasn't dreaming." Jessica was still asleep, so he stood up gently and fixed her position on the couch. Letting her lay down gently and putting a pillow behind her head. Donghae raised the blanket higher to her shoulders, making sure that she was feeling warm enough, before going back to the guest room to shower. Since the sleepover at Jessica's was so sudden, he only has his clothes last night for him to use again.

"I better say bye."

He was hesitant to wake her up, but he doesn't like to leave without informing her either. Donghae placed his hand on her arm and started tapping the girl. "Jessica." He was almost whispering, that is how soft his voice was. When she raised the duvet higher, he started shaking her lightly. "Jessica." He noticed that her eyebrows started moving. Just a few more taps, and she was finally awake.

She rubbed her eyes and stretched and saw Donghae standing in front of her, already dressed up. She blinked a couple of times before realizing that he was no longer wearing his pajamas and he has changed back to his shirt and jeans. "You're leaving now?"

He nodded and formed a thin smile on his lips. "Thanks for letting me stay the night. I better get going. Your parents might see me and they are going to start bombarding me with questions and they'll probably yell at you."

"What? No one's gonna see you here. I'm home alone." She found his reason too funny, but after stretching she stood up. "I'll walk you to the gate."

"Are you sure you can handle yourself?"

"Don't worry, I'll be perfectly fine."

Now he felt unsure of leaving her. "See you Monday?"

She nodded with her lips pressed together to form a thin smile. "See you. Be safe driving to Incheon." After watching the car leave, she closed the gate and went straight to her room after locking everything. The first thing she did was not go back to sleep, but check the messages that her grandparents had sent her. She was sure that her grandmother's having a great time shopping while her grandfather's on a meeting and they were also spending their time together. Meanwhile, Jessica was in her bed, finishing replying before going back to sleep.


She was done taking a bath and changing into another set of comfortable clothes and now, she's washing the dishes after eating the pasta that she cooked for herself when she thought she heard something. She turned the tap off, expecting to hear the sound once more. "I already told her not to go and just come back when the granny and gramps have returned." She thought that the maid would want to bring her food while she was walking to the door to open the gate because someone rang the doorbell.

"Hi,"the person greeted her before smiling, who was also holding a plastic bag.

To her surprise, it was not their maid. It was not even the family driver or her grandparents returning from their trip. The person outside who rang the doorbell is none other than Donghae. She didn't say anything because she really has no idea what to say.

"May I go in?"

"Uh, yeah, yeah. Sure. Sorry." She opened the gate wider and stepped aside for him.

He followed her inside before asking her if she has eaten lunch.

"I actually finished just a few minutes before you arrived."

"Here. I brought you food. You can just eat it for dinner or for lunch tomorrow."

"How about you?"

"I ate before leaving my place. Thanks for asking."

"Thanks so much, Donghae. You didn't have to stop by here just to bring me food before going to Incheon."

"Actually, I'm not going home this weekend. I came here to ask you if you wanna go somewhere."

The movement of her eyes showed that she was surprised with what he said. She wanted to say something, but nothing would come out.

"I just- you know, you're here by yourself and you might get bored, but it's totally okay if you just want to stay home."

"Uh-" she looked at her hands to think about her answer. "Okay. I'll just go upstairs to change."

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter