Chapter 4

Fix You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Two weeks had gone quickly and Jessica was busy reading and typing in her office. She was busy assessing the employees when her telephone started ringing. Her job doesn't require her to have an assistant, so she answered the call on her own.

"Ms. Jung, please proceed to my office now."

"Right away, sir."

Her eyebrows were furrowed in confusion after putting the phone down. "What did I do," she asked herself. As far as she's concerned, she didn't do anything wrong. She sighed before getting up from her seat, making her way to the HR director's office. She was was still asking herself mentally what could be the reason why.

Jessica knows how to work fast. She would always make it a point to finish her reports and other tasks even before the deadline. She remembered that she sent the previous report a few days prior to the director and she was working on a new one. "Why was I called for?" She asked herself in a whisper just before knocking on the director's office door.

"Come in."

That was her cue to open the door and look like she was not confused at all.

"Have a seat, Ms. Jung."

He greeted him and bowed to the director as soon as she walked in. She saw another figure who was sitting right in front of the director, to the seat across from hers. She also bowed to the other person before taking her seat.

"Ms. Jung, you probably didn't expect my call."

"Sir, sorry to ask you this, but is there anything wrong?"

"No, not at all." The middle aged man smiled at her while shaking his head. "I only called you in here to introduce you to Mr. Lee Donghae. I know you have met him during the interview. Mr. Lee, this is Ms. Jessica Jung, your new co-worker."

Jessica looked at Donghae with her weak smile, while his lips curved up in a smile.

"He will be a new human resource manager in the office. From now on, there will be two of you and your tasks will now be divided. I've already introduced him to everyone and that has been done as well during the orientation. He's done with training as well and his office will be beside yours." He then discussed the division of employees, giving them each a list of names that they'll be handling and monitoring. He explained that splitting responsibilities would be chaotic, so dividing the number of employees in half would be easier for them, also making them work on the job equally. The director smiled again and told them that the two of them may go.

Jessica and her new co-worker bowed to the director just before going out of his office. Donghae opened the door for Jessica and his hand motioned for her to exit first. "Thank you," she said as he held the door open for her. She was walking back to her office, but she's not walking alone.

"You already know what to do?"

"Yes, ma'am. The director trained me for the job."

She has reached her office door and her weak smile appeared, looking at Donghae instead of going inside. "You don't have to call me that, Donghae-ssi. You're older than me

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter