Chapter 10

Fix You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Please stop the car."

The driver obeyed her order and dropped her off in front of the mall entrance. It was a bit of a long ride from the cemetery going to the mall because of the heavy rain."Ahjussi, I'll be meeting with my friends and they'll be driving me home. Just leave the car keys in the mailbox. It'll be alright there. You can also take the day off tomorrow since I won't be going anywhere."

The driver couldn't do anything but sigh with her request in leaving the car keys in the mailbox. "Alright, Jessica-ssi."

"Thank you."


Jessica was looking around in the first floor, going inside each store, but she didn't actually buy anything. She just wanted to walk around and kill time for a bit. She went to the lower floor of the mall where the grocery was located and tried few of the food samples, but she already felt like her stomach would already reject the first one that went into . She still didn't have the appetite, so she just continued walking around each aisle of the grocery.

She looked at her watch and it was just ten minutes to eight in the evening. Thanks to the heavy rain and traffic, it did take quite a while for them to arrive in the mall. Her original plan was to be dropped off in the mall, then take the other exit to walk in the small streets, but since she was a bit early, she walked around in the mall to kill time. 

Jessica walked to the exit in located in the corner of the grocery, which was the underground exit. She slowly climbed up the stairs, not wanting to slip and fall down. When she has made it to the sidewalk, she took a turn just behind the building across the mall. It seemed like she knew where she was going like a pro who has been there for a number of times. It didn't take her a long time to arrive to where she as really going.


Inside the tent, she ordered a bottle of soju and when she has finished one, she'll ask the ahjumma for more. She kept drinking one bottle after the other and she has already consumed a total of two bottles. She was now on her third one and she was still sitting upright. It was Jessica's first time to visit this place. She only found out about this place when their driver passed here after she and her grandmother shopped because he was trying to avoid being stuck in traffic because of the road construction.

"I didn't know that this stuff tastes really good," she said to herself mentally. It was her first time drinking soju and she was probably having a blast trying it. Jessica only drinks wine with her grandparents and it would only be occasionally. She doesn't even exceed a glass because she knows the effects of it.

It was her first time drinking alone and she actually liked it. She could focus on her thoughts and she liked the fact that she didn't have to talk, unlike when she's with her grandparents, also known as her only drinking buddies. Jessica's third bottle of soju is almost empty. With the remaining amount if liquid inside, she poured it into her shotglass and it was all gone. "Ahjumma, another bottle of soju, please."

Her only meal for today were the three pieces of food samples that were found in the grocery and she also didn't drink anything today, except for the rice wine that was currently sliding down . Jessica's stomach wasn't really empty. She ate food and that was already enough since it made her feel satisfied. She checked her phone as it buzzed and read that it was a message from her grandmother. "Always checking on me. I'm no longer a baby."

I'm done eating dinner, halmeoni. I was actually about to sleep.

Her phone buzzed again and it was her grandmother who replied. She wished Jessica and a good night and apologized to her for disturbing her. She replied to her grandmother, saying that it was alright and for them to rest as well. 


She was denying to herself that she was having a hard time reading and replying to the messages because her eyes were starting to get blurry. "Stupid me looking staring at the computer earlier for nothing." With that, she took another shot of soju, starting to get annoyed with her eyes. Jessica just blamed the computer for what was happening to her eyes. She hated to admit that she was starting to become drunk.

Jessica's thoughts was still stuck on the accident that happened 13 years ago. Her mind was still clouded with the event that took her parents and sister away from her, causing them to never return again. With each shot of the alcohol, she was trying to erase the pictures that were popping out in her psyche. She hated it. She hated every single one of it.

She wanted to cry, but she doesn't do that in public. She kept her strong front and continued drinking with a face that she kept emotionless. Her eyes that were looking at the tiny shotglass showed pain and anger, but no one could read how she was really feeling inside because she was alone. Jessica liked the feeling of it, so people need not to feel sorry for her. Heck, everyone in this tent actually do not care of another person's business.


She knows to herself that she came to the right place. She doesn't understand why people go to clubs just to drink, then they hate it when a stranger approaches them or check them out and get them to sleep with them. They could just go here to drink by themselves and no one would care. "They're stupid," she whispered, then smiled faintly before taking another shot of the alcoholic drink. She was going for another shot, but nothing came out. " it." She didn't even notice that her fourth bottle was alread

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter