Chapter 20

Fix You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Days turned into weeks and the two grew closer together. Jessica's grandparents are still not back from the business trip, which meant that she ate lunch with her co-worker and good friend, Donghae. They ate lunch together, hanged out on weekends, and talked about everything about their past, from their favorite childhood memories until they've graduated. They already knew each other well in just two weeks. Sadly, her grandparents will be arriving tomorrow, but that doesn't mean that they'll no longer see each other. 

She loves her grandparents, but she enjoys Donghae's company as well. She was so comfortable with him, as if she knew him her whole life. Jessica had realizations every night in her room. On of her realizations was that she needed to share her painful experiences to someone instead of shutting everyone out.

Today's the last day of the week and the two will eat lunch together again. It's not the last time that it will happen, but it would probably be quite a while for their next lunch together. Donghae liked the feeling that Jessica found a friend in him, and he feels the same way. He was happy with the friendship that formed between them.

He was no longer wishing that it could be something more, but he can't seem to push that thought of him that's lingering at the back of his mind. That thought was still there.

 

"We should take a picture together."

Jessica took her attention away from her food and looked at the person who is sitting across from her. "Why?" Her eyebrows furrowed in confusion.

"Because it'll probably be a long time before we eat out for lunch again."

"We'll see each other in the office. We don't need that."

"Don't be a killjoy. C'mon, Jessica."

She shook her head while chewing her food. "No."

"So we have a souvenir. Just one picture."

She chuckled at the guy in front if him. "A souvenir photo? We're not even out of the country."

Donghae pouted like a little five year old. "Alright, meanie. You win."

After drinking water, she wiped and cleared . "Just one picture?"

He pretended like he didn't hear a thing and just continued eating. "Finish your food, Jung. We still have a lot of work to do back in the office."

She stared at him for a few seconds before reaching her hand out for his phone that was on the table.

"Hey, give me back my phone!"

Again, she chuckled because of him. "What are you, four years old?" She fixed her hair before she swiped the screen upward. "Donghae."

He looked at her when she called his name and he heard a snap when he looked up.

Jessica took a picture of them while she held the phone in front, smiling a thin smile, while Donghae looked sleepy at the back. She looked at the photo and she laughed before giving it back to him.

Donghae found the picture funny himself and decided not to delete it. Why would he delete it if it made Jessica laugh? "Let's take another one. I'll hold it this time."

He looked at the photo and smiled. They were both smiling and she was smiling a real smile in the photo. Her eyes were curved and her teeth can be seen. He is happy that she's happy. While they spent time together, he noticed that Jessica laughed and smiled so much. It's probably because of the fact that she finally told someone about the burden that she's been keeping inside.

Whatever it was, he sure is happy to see her smiling and laughing for the first time in a decade and three years. He was honored that he was the first one to witness her happiness that she has not experienced for a long time.

 

"And done." Time quickly went by and it was time for Donghae to go home. Although, today was different. He finished a couple of minutes later than usual and stretched as he stood up before heading to Jessica's office, instead of going straight for the elevator. He knocked on her door and she asked him to come in. She was also finishing up and it was also a bit late for her. Today was really hectic compared to other Fridays because they considered this week a hell week in the office. It doesn't mean that everything's going to be easy breezy because the CEO wasn't there. Whenever he's not around, there will always be more work.

"Too bad, I can't drive you home."

"It's alright. We'll be seeing each other on Monday again."

The elevator arrived on their floor and they went in. Jessica was happy because she can finally go home and rest after the chaotic week for their company. On top of that, her grandparents will be home by the time she wakes up.

"Donghae, thanks again for everything."

He looked at her and smiled. "It was nothing. I'm really glad you had fun in the amusement park."

She nodded her slowly. "Which was very different when I went t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter