Chapter 12

Fix You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"You're awake?"

"Donghae-ssi?"

Donghae closed the door behind him as gently as possible even if Jessica was already up. He doesn't want the sound to add more pounding in her head. There was a plastic bag in his hand and it caught her attention.

Jessica knows what happened last night. She was drunk, but she was still pretty sure that she was aware of her surrounding and what happened after she left that tent. She tried to recall last night's events and it only stopped in the part where she saw Donghae in the pouring rain. After that, she no longer has clue with what happened.

"Correct me if I'm wrong, but I saw you last night, right?"

He smiled at her, then placed the plastic bag on her bedside table. "Actually, it was me who saw you." His smile soon disappeared, replacing his reaction with concern. He placed his hand on her forehead to feel it and she was a bit confused. "You're still burning up."

"What?" She saw his face and his concern was written all over it. It was also heard in his voice.

"Jessica-ssi, do you remember what happened last night?"

"I remember seeing you out in the heavy rain."

"What about the stuff you told me?"

Her eyebrows met as she tried to recall the conversation that they had, but she couldn't remember it, making her shake her head to answer his question. "I also have a question to ask related to that. What am I doing here?"

"You were so intoxicated last night when I saw you walking alone while it was raining hard and I offered to drive you home, but you didn't tell me exactly where you lived and you passed out, so I brought you here."

That explains why she doesn't remember anything anymore because Donghae was really the last person that she saw and talked with before passing out. "Did- did I say something stupid?" She was a bit hesitant to ask that question, but she wants to know if she made a fool of herself.

With a light smile on his face, he shook his head. "I understand that it was the alcohol talking when you told me that you just wanted some fresh air when it was raining heavily." He chuckled before his expression turned serious. "Jessica-ssi, when I offered to drive you home, you told me to bring you to San Francisco, then you told me that you want to forget the pain so you drowned yourself in alcohol and kept crying."

Her eyes looked at the ceiling and she took a deep breath. He was the first employee in the office to see her in a very intoxicated manner, which was very unlike her, and thanks to her being drunk blabber mouth, Donghae also found out about the how she really feels with the heavy load inside of her. He also mentioned that she cried and he was actually the first person that's not family to see her tears. Only her grandparents did when her parents died and after that, she'll be locking herself in her room to cry.

"You know we don't really have to talk about it. Just get yourself more rest. You have fever and you were having chills last night. The hospital didn't have thicker blankets, so I drove home to get you a duvet along with some of my clothes. I also went to the grocery just now to buy you fruits. The doctor said that you also starved yourself and your body didn't get enough sleep. Your food will be brought here soon."

Jessica looked at Donghae again and he was really taking care of her. With his questions being asked, it was her turn to ask him now. "Donghae-ssi, where were you going late at night? You just came from the office?"

Donghae shook his head with his lips curved up. "I was actually on my way to Incheon last night."

"W-"

He already knew that she was going to protest, so he cut her off to explain. "I already called my mom last night and told her that I won't be able to go for the weekend because of work and she was fine w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter