Chapter 11

Fix You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

She opened her eyes and blinked the blurriness away. She wanted to rub it, but when she raised her weak arms, she felt something weird. She also felt a soft pounding in her head due to the amount of alcohol that she has consumed the night before. Jessica felt that there was a thick blanket that reached until her shoulders to keep her warm. She was only able to raise one arm up for her to be able to rub her eyes. Now that she's being able to see clearly, she looked up at the ceiling and saw that it was nothing special. Again, she moved her other arm, the one that didn't feel that much heavier or painful at all, and with her hand, she felt something stuck in her arm; it was an IV needle stuck inside her vein with it being plastered on her arm and she only took a deep breath when she felt it.

 

-flashback-

The 13 year old girl woke up, but she had a bit of a hard time to open her eyes that felt extremely heavy and hot. She just wanted to close them and sleep some more, hoping that the event that occurred was only a bad dream. Leaving San Francisco didn't happen and most especially, plane crash didn't exist. "It was just a bad dream," she tried to convince herself by whispering, but she felt something on her arm and hand.

The first thing Jessica did was look at her clothes. She felt like she was no longer wearing jeans and her sweater. Her legs can move freely and she could feel the bed. Her arms were also exposed and it seems like both her jeans and sweater were traded with a dress. She looked at her sleeve and she saw that it was white. When she saw the couch and a window covered with blinds, she had a clue where she is right now.

She pressed the controller beside the hospital bed to adjust it, helping her to sit up. She had body pains and it made her feel like her bones and muscles are going to fall off anytime soon. On her arm, there was an IV needle stuck inside her vein and when she saw her hand, she saw a woman who had it in both of her hands. She looked like she just fell asleep because of the uneasy facial expression on her face. She was worried, she can tell.

"H-ha-halmeoni," she called out to the sleeping woman weakly. Jessica was having a hard time to speak, almost similar to a baby who was just learning its first words. Her voice was so soft that her grandmother wasn't able to hear. With the pain she's feeling in her body, she bent forward to tap her grandmother's arm.

Grandma Jung quickly opened her eyes when she felt someone touch her arm and suddenly shot her head up to see who it was without letting go of granddaughter's hand, which she used as a pillow while taking a short nap. She couldn't sleep because she was too worried about her, but sleep won against her. She was only able to rest her eyes for a good 10 minutes, but she ignored it.

"JESSICA!" She stood up to give her granddaughter a tight and warm hug, but not too suffocating because of her body pains, cuts, and bruises. Thank goodness, you're awake." She kissed her granddaughter's cheek, then suddenly her tears fell down.

"Don't cry, halmeoni."

"Sorry, dear. I was just worried about you. I'm just really happy that you're awake." The old woman released her granddaughter from her hug and looked at her with a smile on her face, but tears were glistening in her eyes.

"Where's harabeoji?"

"He'll arrive soon. He's still in the office." She lied to her granddaughter. Her husband's also in the building, but he went somewhere.

"Halmeoni, w-where's mom and dad and Krystal?"

Hearing her shaky voice, it only crushed the broken pieces of her heart even more. "T-"

Grandma Jung was not able to say a word because she was cut off by the arrival of her husband. Just in time for someone to answer Jessica's question. The ladies in the room looked at him as he walked in and they both saw his expression when his eyes landed on his granddaughter sitting. He was surprised, but there was also sadness in his eyes.

"There you are. You're granddaughter was looking for you not too long ago." The older woman tried to sound happy.

"Our Jessica's finally awake." He walked to Jessica and gave her a hug before taking a deep breath.

Jessica looked at her grandfather as he released her from the hug and he was smiling as he was really happy to see his granddaughter. "Harabeoji, have you been to the others' r

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter