Chapter 6

Fix You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Fridays are usually the most hectic days. For students, it's a day where they get to sleep late, hang out with their friends, forget about homework, relieve their stress from the academic week. It's different when you become an adult and have a job. For offices, it's the deadline for reports and other important stuff regarding work. In malls and restaurants, the staff get tired because of the number of people that will visit. It is also a day where most employees are forced to work overtime. Fridays are considered hell days not just in their company, but mostly in all establishments, and mostly by adults.

Today is just another day where Jessica's grandfather was really occupied with work, so the old man could not be disturbed. Just like how he usually is when he's really busy and knows that it takes quite a while to finish working on a creation task, he left the house earlier than his granddaughter and she was fetched by the driver. Only this time, the driver arrived early, making her leave the house the usual time she does.

Just like her grandfather, she was busy with on her task as well. Though there's currently two of them working as human resource managers in the company, it really didn't become easy since cutting the number of employees in half for each of them to work on is still a huge number. She started working on something new because she has finished on the previous one even before the deadline. As expected of Jessica Jung.


With her eyes looking at the corner of the screen to check how many words she has typed for her report, she accidentally saw the time. "It's already a bit late." It was 30 minutes past three in the afternoon and she only had was bread stuffed with red beans. Just one piece of that for breakfast before she left the house for work.

She sighed as she stood up, stretching her back a bit from sitting for a long time. She grabbed her bag with her and headed for the elevator, greeting people back as they greeted her. "Looks like I'm gonna go to lunch alone again."

Whenever her grandfather would work on something really important, which is why he leaves the house early, he'll have his food delivered to his office. As for Jessica, she knows that her grandmother would be delighted to eat with her, but not today. Her grandmother's currently out of town with her friends, celebrating her friend's birthday. She doesn't really mind eating alone. This is not the first time that both of her grandparents can't go to eat with her. Sometimes she'll eat alone at home and she has also done it in public.

Jessica likes walking around and seeing establishments, the street, the cars that would pass by, and the people that will pass her by. She walked for a couple of minutes until she found a restaurant where she could eat in. When she was asked by the waitress if there would be more people, she didn't pretend that she was going to eat with someone. "Just a table for me."

After ordering food, she was busy with her phone. She saw the messages sent by her grandmother and it seemed like she only copy and pasted her messages. The old woman kept updating her granddaughter about their trip and at the end of every message, she kept asking if she has eaten lunch.

Not wanting her grandmother to worry about her and let her enjoy the rest of her trip, she replied and apologized for replying late. Yes, it's true that her phone was on mute, but she had to lie when she said she was finished with lunch hours ago and she was just really busy so she wasn't able to use her phone.


Donghae didn't notice the time as he was extremely eager to finish at least half of the new task that he was working on. If not half, at least one fourth of it. Jessica was right about him. He was a fast learner, and he was also fast in finishing his job, similar to his co-worker. They both know how to prioritize work. Just like today, he's been working since he went to his office, trying to get most of the job done, which sacrificed his meal time.

"Why do you have to be so grumpy?" He asked while looking down at his stomach. He was walking downstairs, ready to ride the subway. Thankfully, it wasn't chaotic at the station because at this hour, not everyone's going out to go somewhere. People are usually at work and in school. He was lucky enough catch the subway right away as he reached the bottom floor.

Just after a good three stops that didn't take five minutes for the train, he got off a certain station and tapped his card to exit. He walked around the area and looked at the restaurants and read their menus, choosing where to eat his late lunch. With him living alone in Seoul, he was used to doing everything by himself. Shopping, going to the grocery, e

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter