Epilogue

Fix You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

She left her bag on the couch and headed straight to the kitchen to get to work. She made sure that she was wearing her apron first before she made french toast for breakfast. As she was finishing up, she heard footsteps coming from the stairs, which confused her. With her eyebrows furrowed in confusion, she grabbed her phone from the counter and checked the time. “8:43? It’s still way too early," she thought. In their house, everyone gets up at 9:00 am on weekends. Jessica only got up early because she had to go visit someone important. It’s been years since the accident, but she eventually learned to live life once again. She’s living a new life and she loves every single bit of it.

 

“You’re up a bit early,” she said before smiling while taking off her apron.

“I’m hungry, mommy,” a little girl said who was hiding her head on her father’s neck, but turned to look at her mother while stating her reason.

“This little girl told me that the snake living in her stomach’s already hungry and it’s time to feed it.” He looked at his child in his arms with a smile. “But she didn’t forget to brush her teeth and wash her face.”

“What a good girl!” She walked closer to the manly figure that was leaning on the wall and got the little girl from him. She kissed her daughter’s cheek before smiling. “Give mommy a good morning kiss.”

With her little two year old hands, she cupped her mom’s face and smothered her face with kisses. After making her mom feel loved, she looked at her mother’s face with a smile and giggled before her head nuzzled on her neck. Jessica rested her head on her daughter’s while hugging her, wishing for her to stay this little.

“You’re back from the cemetery,” he asked.

She nodded her head in reply, on her face was a thin smile.

“The three of us could’ve gone together.” He crossed his arms before pouting.

“It’s alright, besides it was way too early.” She chuckled before tapping her husband’s cheek. “And stop doing that you look like a fish even more.”

Donghae’s eyes curved as he smiled at his wife. He walked closer to her and closed the gap between them by hugging her.

“Aww, family hug!” Krystal squealed with joy when she felt her father’s arms surrounding them.

 

Donghae and Jessica got married 3 years ago, two years after Donghae woke up from his coma. Jessica never gave up that one day her Donghae would wake up, and so he did- on their first anniversary as a couple. She was holding his hand with tears in her eyes as she greeted him and not long after that, his hand started twitching and his eyes slowly opened. It was spring when he opened his eyes, it was also spring when they got married, on their third anniversary as a couple, to embark on their new journey as a married couple. Their families had tears of joy in their eyes, especially her grandparents because finally, their dear granddaughter’s finally found happiness. A year after marriage, they welcomed their first daughter and named her after Jessica’s baby sister.

 

“I’m also pouting because you haven’t given me my morning kiss yet, you know,” he whispered in her ear. He leaned closer to her face to kiss her on the lips for his wife to avoid tiptoeing. She happily kissed him back, then they pulled away with a smile. Again, he leaned in, and pulled away for a number of times to give her a series of kisses, which made her giggle.

“Sorry,” she said softly to him while still giggling. “Let’s feed the snake inside this little girl’s tummy.”

He released his wife from his hold and kissed her temple before kissing their daughter’s hair. “I’ll go place it on the table. Go to the breakfast table and rest.” He smiled at her and pushed her out of the kitchen before getting to work.

 

“Mommy, did you go somewhere?” She noticed that her mother was no longer wearing her pajamas.

She placed her daughter on her high chair before sitting on her chair. “Yes, baby. Mommy went to visit my mommy and daddy.”

Krystal nodded as she understood. “And Aunt Krystal?”

She flashed a thin smile before nodding. “Yes, and Aunt Krystal, but mommy had to talk to my mommy and daddy because it’s their anniversary.”

“What’s an anniversary, mommy?”

“Well, an anniversary is like a birthday for something. Today, many years ago, my parents got married. That’s how they became my mommy and daddy.” She smiled widely after explaining to her child.

Donghae walked out of the kitchen with a plate of french toast and a tiny plate of cut up french toast  and placed it in front of his two girls, then went back to the kitchen to get his own plate and utensils for them. He walked out of the kitchen and joined his family at breakfast table and listened to the girls’ conversation.

“So it’s like their birthday for being your mommy and daddy?”

She nodded while chuckling. “Yes, baby. It’s like that.”

He smiled upon hearing their conversation. He messed with her daughter’s hair, then put it back in place. “My daughter’s so smart. Daddy’s sorry for messing with your hair.”

Krystal’s tiny lips formed a pout and her eyes shot her father an icy glare before she smiled and allowed her eyes to curve as she did. “I”m just kidding, sorry daddy. You’re forgiven,” she said before giggling.

"What a perfect combination of you and I," he said before chuckling.

Jessica only smiled at her husband's comment and looked at their daughter feeding herself, starting to be a big girl.

The family started eating their breakfast, and little Krystal happily chewed on her french toast to feed the hungry snake in her stomach.

 

Donghae joined his wife and daughter in watching Care Bears, their daughter’s favorite cartoons, while waiting for lunch time. They were watching their DVD of the classic cartoons, which Jessica bought instead of the new cartoons because the three of them liked the graphics of the classic version more. Little Krystal was holding her Funshine bear while watching because it was her favorite out of all the bears.

“3, 2, 1,” the little girl counted down.

“Care Bear stare,” the couple exclaimed along with their daughter. They looked at each other and laughed. Being a parent to a toddler meant that there is no complaining when you watch the same thing over and over again. Donghae and Jessica actually enjoy watching cartoons with their daughter. It makes them feel like a kid again and it even relaxes them from work.

 

Jessica couldn’t believe that she’d be happy while watching Care Bears again. It was Donghae’s idea to place her sister’s Grumpy Bear, which has been in Jessica’s care for almost two decades, in the nursery. She slowly allowed herself to breathe and let go, but she started crying once her daughter reached for it when she was six months old and won’t stop crying because she didn’t want to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter