Prologue

Fix You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Girls, we still have a flight to catch!"

Jessica looked around her room and made sure that she didn't leave out important stuff. "Okay, my clothes are already in the luggage, I got my book and my gameboy in here," she had scanned her table one last time before grabbing a pen. "Having an extra one is better." She walked out her bedroom door, but halted her steps and turned around once again. "I didn't leave anything, I didn't leave anything, I didn't leave anything," she said repeatedly before finally closing the door and checked to see if it's really locked.

"I'm coming," she said as she stepped on the carpeted stairs. "Dear, please call your sister. She's still in her room." Again, she went up with her mother's request. She didn't whine because she only took three steps before her mother spoke. She knocked on the door which was located beside her bedroom door. "Come in."

"Krys, we have to go." She reminded her sister who was still inside her room.

"Jessi, can we not go?" The seven year old looked at her sister with her eyebrows furrowed.

"What, why?" She walked inside her younger sister's room and sat beside her on the bed.

Krystal looked at her dangling while hugging Funshine, one of all the Care Bear character plushies in her bedroom. "I just don't want to go." Her ultimate favorite Care Bear would be Champ, but she will be holding other bears depending on her current mood or emotions. When she needs help with what she's feeling, she'll choose a bear that can make her feel better.

"Is it because of the long hours that we're gonna spend during our flight?"

Her sad eyes looked at her sister's eyes that are filled with concern. "It's gonna be boring."

The thirteen year old sighed with her sister's reason, then she remembered something. "Whenever we visit Korea, what do you do on the plane aside from asking mom or dad when we will land?"

The younger girl paused for a while to think of answers. "I read, I play with the toys that I get," she paused to think again before she continued "I play with Champ, I chew gum, I also watch a movie, and I sleep."

"When you do those things, do you get bored?"

Krystal shook her head in response.

"This is your first time complaining about being bored when going to Korea."

She pouted and hung her head low.

She nodded before she asked her sister something. "Don't you want to see grandma and grandpa? Grandpa's gonna be really sad if you don't go to his birthday celebration."

"I wanna see grandpa and grandma!"

She smiled at her sister before she stood up. "What do you want to bring so you won't be bored? Do you want me to bring it for you?"

The little girl got on her feet and shook her head again before running off to get her little backpack on the corner of the room. "I'll bring my own bag, but Jessi, can you help me?"

"Of course, I'll help my baby sister."

"I'm no longer a baby. I'm a big girl now." Krystal gave three books to her older for her to place inside her bag, then ran to get her lego blocks. She gave the monstrous blocks that can injure someone's foot to her sister before getting Champ that was resting on her bed beside Bedtime Bear. She walked around her room again when her sister asked if she'll bring anything else. She figured that she would also like to bring her ballet coloring book and her colored pencils.

Jessica placed everything that her sister gave her in the small backpack, except for Champ. "Are you good to go now?"

"Uh, can you check the pockets of my bag."

She opened it and found four sticks of Tootsie Pops, a small pack of Jelly Belly jellybeans, and four pieces of Bazooka Bubblegum. "Why do you have a lot of candies in here?"

"It was from Chelsea's birthday party. I forgot that they were inside, so I wanted to see if they were eaten by ants."

Her sister was talking about her best friend's birthday party two weeks ago. "We're good to go?"

Krystal nodded before walking towards her bedroom door. She was already on her way out, but she noticed that her sister wasn't following her. She saw that her sister opened her drawer and got the keys before placing it on her own bag. "Oopsies, I forgot about that."

"No worries." She smiled at her younger sister before zipping up her bag and made sure that she checked everything before locking the door. "You're gonna bring both Funshine and Champ?"

The little girl looked up at her sister and nodded. She was hugging Champ on her right arm, while Funshine was on the left. She walked down the stairs carefully, watching her steps, while her sister was behind her, carrying her little backpack.


As soon as they got off the cab, their dad and the driver were busy with their luggage, while their mom was getting money for the fare and the tip. Jessica bent down to Krystal's level to ask her. 

"Do you still remember what you should do in the airport?"

The little girl nodded with a smile. "Hold your hand, or mommy's hand, or daddy's hand so I won't get lost."

She smiled softly at her sister. "That's right. Now, turn around and put this on."

She handed her plushies to her sister before turning around so Jessica can help her with her backpack.

"Which one will you hold?" She held the two Care Bears in front of her sister so she can choose one. Of course, she'll be taking Champ.

"Girls, let's go." Their mother called them while tugging on the luggage that was shared by the two sisters since it wasn't as big as theirs.

On her left hand was Funshine, while her right hand was holding Krystal's left hand. They walked inside the airport, ready to leave San Francisco for a needed vacation in Korea.


Since Jessica's now considered an adult at 13 years old, their parents allowed the sisters to sit together. Krystal loves the view of the city from the plane, so her sister let her get the window seat. Earlier at home, Krystal didn't want to go, but now Jessica could tell that she's excited.

"We're moving!"

"Excited to see grandma and grandpa?"

The little girl nodded happily and opened the pocket of her tiny bag to get her gum. She only placed it in when the plane started taking off, wanting save the taste, she explained. She played four rounds of thumb war with her sister before the plane stabilized in the air. A flight attendant approached them and gave Krystal a toy pack. "Thank you!" She knows how to respect people at such a young age. This is her favorite part of plane rides. Getting free toys. "Jessi, I'm getting bored now."

"You have a lot of stuff in your bag, remember?"

"Riiight. I'm gonna color first."


Three more hours before they land, and Jessica woke up from her sleep. She can't deny that it was getting a bit shaky. She looked at her little sister who was sleeping beside her. A blanket was placed on top of her and the toy pack that was given to her by the flight attendant was already put away. She checked to see of her parents were awake, but they're also asleep. She entertained herself by taking her gameboy out of her

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter