Operation get closer: SeulRene

Mystery of Kang Seulgi?

Irene and Seulgi is sitting in their class for free period. Seulgi had been sketching or drawing something on her drawing block. It's what she do best during free period unless she wants to go to the library. Little did she know  that Irene has been staring at her all this while.

 

*Katalk*

[Detectives: Yk] Yo Baechu. How's the "bonding" going on?

[Irene] Not good. What if she acts like a brat again? I might kill her on the spot with my dagger.

[YK] Hahaha. Chill. I know you won't. Just go up to her and say hi.

[Irene] ....... I guess I'll give it another shot. But if I ever killed her, don't blame me

[YK] Yah!! You won't right?

[YK] BAECHU BAE!!!!

 

Seulgi's POV

After Seulgi finished her drawing, she looked around the classroom and sees Irene playing on her phone.

"Now that I'll be staying, I guess I'll start making friends. Starting from her." Seulgi thought.

That night right after she acted like a brat to Irene, she hadn't been sleeping well. During her first day in class when the teacher is introducing her to the class, her eyes caught on a beauty showing little interest on her and was just taking down notes from her friend's book.

Seulgi's inhibitions mind has been telling her craps like: "Don't go. She'd probably embarrass you like how you did to her the other day."

"What if she hated you?

"But she is one of the detectives, and that day she did came up to me."

"I should do what I must do!"

With Seulgi's determination she left her seat and walks over to Irene.

-End POV-

 

"Er... Hi..."

Irene looked up from her phone and sees Seulgi infront of her. Irene is good at reading body language. And the Seulgi infront of her right now is very nervous and timid.

Irene keeps quiet waiting for Seulgi to continue.

"Can we talk?"

 

 

 

 

Irene followed Seulgi to her VIP room in the library.

"What the.. why am I getting nervous? I'm not confessing or anything. Just repairing our relationship." (Seulgi thought)

"Erm... Joo--"

"Irene." Irene cutted her off. Only her family or her bestfriend is allowed to call her by her real name. (YK is the only one in Det.Club allowed to call her that)

"O..kay. Irene. I just want to apologies for being a brat all along. That wasn't the real me. I just hate the feeling of getting close to people one day and have to leave them the next." Seulgi walks over to the window and looks up the sky. Irene who was having her back leaning against the door went to stand next to Seulgi and listens to her quietly. "I have been to many places and schools all this while. With the different educational systems and different languages, then when I finally fit-in, my dad would say "Seulgi-ah, go pack your stuff. We're going ___ tomorrow." and.... Do you know how much it hurts when I finally made friends and tries so hard to fit in to every single society?"

Irene heard a soft sobbing.

"Why haven't you said anything to your dad then?" Irene asked in a soft, gentle tone.

"When I told him , he always says I'll get used to it. But I can't. and no matter how many times.... It still hurts" Seulgi clenches the cloth at her chest while gritting her teeth letting her tears streams down her face; letting all that she held in all this while to flow out. She never allowed any of her friends to see her cry before as she feared judgements from them. But, she let Irene see her weak and vulnerable side. Something inside of her assures her that Irene will not laugh at her for crying and she can free herself from holding her emotions when she is with Irene.

That moment, Irene felt a clench at her own heart. Irene wraps her arms around Seulgi. Hugging her silently and sooth her back letting Seulgi wet her uniform with her tears. Seulgi wraps her arms stiffly around Irene as she had never hug anyone before. Irene knows that Seulgi is an only child and had no one to talk to at home. Now that Seulgi poured everything out to her, they've finally seen each other's genuine self.

Irene breaks the hug and cups Seulgi's face. They exchange glances while Irene smiles at her softly.

"I'll be your friend. You can pour everything to me. I'll borrow you my shoulders for you to cry on. And I'll be your strength when you feel vulnerable. Just on one condition. Promise me that after this, no more spoiled brat Seulgi no matter what and stop pushing everyone away. Live the presnt, enjoy the life now than worry of non-existance future. Arraseo?" Irene said whilst wiping off the trails of tears on Seulgi's face with her thumb earning a nod from the latter.

"Good. Now give me your phone." Irene smiled warmly and held her palm out to Seulgi.

Seulgi tilted her head blankly, wondering why Irene asks for her phone. But nevertheless, Seulgi still fishes out her phone from her pocket and put on Irene's palm.

Irene smirked and pressed some keys. Seulgi tries to peep but Irene don't allow her so Seulgi just stood there and wait patiently.

Once she (IRENE) feels her own phone vibrates in her pocket, she pressed another key and saves her own number in Seulgi's phone.

"What would you like to call me?"

"huh?" Seulgi blinks blankly.

"There's Irene the normal one. There's Baechu the one that Detectives calls me. And my real name Joohyun. Pick one."

"Joohyun!"

Irene typed the word and saved her own number under the name 'Joohyun' then she takes out her own phone and saves Seulgi's number.

Seulgi peeped when Irene was doing so, "Hey, that's my number!"

"What? Ain't it normal for friends to have each other's numbers?"

"...."

"What? Don't tell me you never had the experiences?"

Seulgi nodded humbly at Irene's question.

"Wow. Looks like joining our gang will be a whole new experience for you."

The bell rings indicating it's lunch time. Irene links an arm with Seulgi as she brings her to the club room.

"Let's go have a group lunch, Ddeulgi~"

"Ddeulgi?? What's that?"

"My endearment for you. And only I can call you that. Like Wendy calls YK as Yeon sometimes, and at rare times when Wendy wants a pet, she'll call YK as YeonKitty or something along the line." Irene giggled remembering the time when Wendy keep asking for a kitten and YK had to act like one for a whole day just for Wendy.

Seulgi looks at her linked arms. She just stays stiff as she had no idea what to do. It is her first time having skinship and for some reason, she likes it. It makes her feels warm inside.

 

=================================================

A/N: What's gonna happen in next chapter? Clue? er... Seulgi-Irene-bed. And I know what you guys are thinking. Not rated. Yet. Maybe I'll insert a little bit of s** scene for the two main couplets when I ddecided to end the story. :D   LOL Yes Yerimi came in like a wrecking ball. haha. Rap God Wendy stole my soul away like seriously. Red Velvet NEEDS hip hop concept next. They strongly said they wanna do it, then there's hip hop concept photoshoot, then there's Rap God Wendy. Then I found these edit minutes ago. I Swear I'll die if they cover IGAB in Gayo Daejun. Imagine.. Wendy go "Ayo RV!" then followed by Seulgi/Irene's rap. WOW. (Personal wish, okay.)