My Crush... My girlfriend

Mystery of Kang Seulgi?

 

 

 

Sunday, 1.30 pm

 

YK woke up on the couch. She was waiting for Wendy whole night but since she's still on the couch, she figured that Wendy hasn't come home. The empty dining table without any notes anywhere saying there's food somewhere further confirms her suspicion that Wendy has not came home all night at all. Because usually when Wendy needs to leave for anything, food is always ready for YK. When YK wakes up all she needs to do was reheat the food Wendy made and then she can have a decent meal. But not today.

 

YK goes to her room and unplug her phone from the socket. She check for missed calls, missed notifications, Facebook, Twitter, chat rooms, Kakaotalk.. None. There was no notification of anything from Wendy.

"Come on. This is so not happening.. " YK mumbles as she dials Wendy's number.

"............"

"..................."

"............................."

"Gosh Wendy.. Why aren't you answering my call?!!"

Wendy was never like this. Whenever YK called her, she'd pick up the phone inn less than 5 rings. If she is in a meeting, she'd reject the call with a text: "Meeting. Get back to you later." then she'd return the call right after her meeting dismissed.

YK scratches her head in frustration and decided to call Baechu.

YK: Erm.. Morning~~

I: Let me guess, you just woke up?

YK: Eheehe.. yeah. So I did not wake you up from your slumber land, right?

I: Nah. I just woke up seconds ago before you called. What's up? And please don't answer with 'The Ceiling, The roof, The sky' or something along the line.

YK: *giggled* Arraseo. I won't say that. I'm not in the mood to joke either. Wanna ...erm.. grab some decent lunch together?

I: (o.o) lunch? Didn't Wendy cooked for you like the usual?

YK: erm.. about that.... Something kinda happened between us and.... she... went out last night.... and.... haven't come home.. yet. I'm hungry can we meet at a cafe or something?

I: You two haven't made up? the last time you two fought it only took three hours. *sighs* I'll be there with Seulgi. Once I wake her up. See you there?

YK: Yeah. Sure.

 

 

 

 

At the cafe

Seulgi and YK both chomping down the nice meal infront of them like hungry leopards.

"Seriously you two, calm down. This place is not gonna run out of food." Irene nagged. Soon, Yeri and Joy arrived.

"Woah. Calm down. And why is YK here? Isn't she always missed Sunday lunch meeting with us along with Wendy? She never comes out on Sunday." -joy

"Well, Wendy is M.I.A since last night and so we have hungry YK here with us.... And....Seulgi." Irene explained as she feast on her plate of fish and chips.

"Are they really gonna be okay? The last time when they fought about which movies to watch, they ignored each other for three whole hours which was like... three? five years ago?" Joy said as she cuts some the chicken chop infront of her into nice pieces then exchange the plate with Yeri.

Irene eyed them curiously. "Are you two in a relationship or something?"

*burps* -Seulgi

"SEULGI!!" -Irene

"Oops. Sorry." Seulgi apologized and drank some water.

"I adopted her as my pet."

*burps* -YK

"YK!!!" Irene scolded again and tossed a napkin to her. YK giggled and drank her juice.

"So.. what happened with you and Wendy?"

"Just.. an accident.. and then she started ignoring me after that. I have apologized to her but still... and now she's acting all weird doing things she never did before. I don't know what to do anymore."

"In detail... WHAT... HAPPENED~~" Joy pressed for more details.

"We...Okay fine.. She was spacing out. And a ball hit the back of my head.....So.. our lips kinda touched..." YK blushed hard as her face gets redder.

"Holy... Wow." Seulgi's jaw dropped.

"Was that the reason why the atmosphere between you two were so weird at the park?" Joy pushed up her eye glasses acting like a professor.

"Yeah. It's complicated and hey.. It's our secret okay? Especially your pet, Joy. Her lips better be as sealed as ours." YK sternly ordered, Joy saluted.

"No worries, my pet is trustworthy and reliable. Right, Yeri?" Joy asks Yeri which she nodded brightly in response.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Seulgi's feelings for Irene gets stronger each and everyday. And the fact that Irene casually reveals her skin to her after shower because she forgot to take the towel in with her is messing up with Seulgi's soul.

After watching a few K-dramas, she analyzed the feeling of the female character when she falls in love with the male character. Like a checklist, everything single tips was exactly as stated, fast breathing, missing the other when she's not around, feeling butterflies in her stomach when she gets praised or pampered although it's just a friendly gesture etc.

And so, Seulgi decided to confessed.

 

 

That night, Seulgi brought a dozen cans of beer. She needs courage and the drama she watched yesterday shows that when she's drunk, she gets more courage. And if she's rejected, she could pass it as a drunk-talk. Nice plan. IF she manage to confess before the alcohol makes her passed out that is.

Irene went out with her classmate for some reviews, getting ready for exam. So Seulgi have the time to herself until Irene come home to get herself 'courage' and practices her speech. She only drank a can but she hates the bitter taste so badly she couldn't drink another one.

"Eew.. K-dramas drink them deliciously. It taste like herbs. Yucks." Seulgi ran to the sink and washed .

Just then, she heard the sound of keys clinging indicating that Irene is home.

"Holy macaroni... " Seulgi carries the 11 can of beers and hide it at the balcony.

Once the door opens, Irene seems a little tipsy to even balance herself, She was about to fall but luckily Seulgi manage to catch her.

"What the-- Yah.. I'm the one supposed to be drunk. Why are you the one getting drunk? Joohyun-ah~"

"Ah~ Ddeulgi-ah~~ *hiks* My uncle made me drink. *hiks* ----- "

[Conclusion: 1st attempt of confession - Mission failed. - Reason for failure: Drunk girlfriend--to--be]

 

 

Attempt 2:

Monday, Irene & Seulgi's class

 

Seulgi wrote a small note and passed to Irene when she walked by her table to go to her seat.

[ Joohyun, sakura tree. Lunch. C u there.]

Seulgi turned around and look at Irene. Irene nodded signaling that she will meet Seulgi there later.

 

 

When the bell rings indicating it's lunch time,Seulgi was the first to leave the class. Seulgi waits for Irene under the school's sakura tree.

 

 

 

 

One of the school legend says that regardless of gender, whoever confessed her pure love under the sakura tree sincerely, they will be a great couple. Indeed there was a great couple among the alumni that has yet been broken up: Namely the TaeNy couple. Taeyeon and Tiffany. That's how the legend spread. TaeNy has been together for more than 10 years, and they were often seen by the juniors every week dating at the Han River as if they're newlyweds. So since then, many couples-to-be confessed their love to their loved ones under the same tree.

"Hey~ Now that we are alone,.."  -Irene

"I have something to say!" -Both

They looked at each other. Not sure if they heard correctly.

"Erm...C-can I said it first?" Seulgi asked nervously and clears after earning a nod from Irene.

Seulgi takes a deep breath nervously.

"J--Joohyun-ah. I--- " Seulgi clears again, her face getting red, palms getting sweaty and she is getting more nervous. Seulgi started to fan herself and looks at the sakura tree which just started to shower the two with it's beautiful pink flower as if encouraging Seulgi to go on bravely.

"What is it? Ddeulgi-ya~ Say it."

Seulgi nodded. "I have never panic because of anyone before. I have never felt so close and comfortable with anyone before. My heart have never beats for anyone before. .... I--... I had a crush on you since I first came.... But--- because of my background.... And you are too precious to me to be hurt, so I acted the way I did...."

Irene listens quietly and carefully to Seulgi's words with a soft ad encouraging smile on her face.

"Through the whole month after we became closer, I've,,,, I've fallen deeply... in--.... in l--love with y-you."

"So... erm..."

Seulgi gulps nervously. Here comes the main question for the day. Which can either take them a step further or make a wall in between them. The bell rang indicating lunch break is over in which both of them ignored it.

"W--Will... You.... B--be.... My---- woah!!"

Just when Seulgi almost asked the question, Irene pulled her so that the two of them would hide behind the bush because the disciplinary teacher is passing by. They don't want to get in trouble for not being in class. And certainly not wanting to get in trouble in the middle of a confession.

Irene who is trapped under Seulgi looked up to her shyly. When Seulgi confirmed the teacher is gone far from them, she turned back her attention to Irene only to find them in an awkward position: She is in between Irene's legs with both her arms on the grass beside Irene on each sides.

Seulgi blushes hard. "Erm..S-Sorry?"

Irene could only chuckle at the cute Seulgi in front of her as Seulgi's crescent-like eyes made it's appearance.

Seulgi was about to get up but stopped when Irene pulled on her uniform.

"Finish what you left hanging, Seulgi-yah~ What was your question?"

Irene stared into Seulgi's soul. From the hand that was gripping on Seulgi's shirt, she could feel Seulgi's heart beat started racing.

"B-Be My.... No wait.. Let me rephrase that. May I be the lucky girlfriend of the great Joohyun?"

Irene smirked proudly. Without giving a reply, Irene pulled Seulgi down to her and captured Seulgi's tender lips on hers.

After god-knows-how-long their steamy first kiss was, they finally pulled away with Seulgi smiling like an idiot.

"Oh I almost forgot..." Seulgi digs her skirt pocket and takes out a small box. She hands the box to Irene. Irene untied the ribbon and opened the box.

(Tiffany & Co.Love Knot Couple Rings)

 

"S--Seulgi.. When did you prepared this?"

Seulgi grinned and took one of the ring, she then took Irene's right hand and slides the ring in to the fourth finger.

"When you first came to my house."

"Seriously? What if I reject you or something?"

"If I'm rejected, I'll keep it. I bought this ring for you so I did not intend it to be owned by somebody else besides Bae Joohyun. And if left the country or I have no chance of confession, I'd still find a way to come back here and confess and make you mine. You have caught my attention and my heart so you are my only girlfriend."

"Aww~~ This bear ate too much honey. Why is she being so sweet suddenly?" Irene teases as she pinch Seulgi's cheek gently.

"It's cheesy , I know but it's true."

Irene took the other ring and put them on Seulgi's finger as well. Seulgi pecked on Irene's cheek before both of them skips back to class gleefully.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~################################~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Detective Club Room

"Gash I missed Wendy." YK whined.

"Gash I'm hungry!!!" Seulgi whined.

"Well, we still got some cookies. Want some?" Joy said as she munched some cookies and offered some to Seulgi. Ofcourse Seulgi accepts it happily.

Seulgi takes a bite of the cookie and ate half of it, just then she got a sneaky idea. She put one end of the cookie into and holds it, then she taps Irene on the hand getting her attention. Irene turned to face her girlfriend only to be greeted with a 'Please-do-ths-once-with-me' look.

Irene shook her head, refusing to do .. At least not in front of the Detectives.

Seulgi pouted with half of the cookie still stuck in . Irene gave in with her cuteness and leans in to eat the other half of the cookie from Seulgi's mouth. Nobody bites the cookie hard enough too break it just yet as they shared a 'cookie kiss'.

Joy is covering Yeri's eyes. And YK raised her head up from the table only to have a 'great lovey dovey' sight greeting her innocent eyes.

"OH COME ON!!!" YK whined, Irene quickly break and eats the cookie. Her face gotten red immediately. Irene hits Seulgi on the arm embarrassingly but nevertheless both of them feels the gleefulness in their stomach.


"What is Wendy up to anyway?" Seulgi questioned as she feeds a cookie to Irene.

"I have no idea. I'd like to think that she is busy but when she was really busy, she never ignored me to this extend." YK sighed.

"YK unnie, catch!" Yeri said and tossed a cookie to YK which in response she fetch it with .

"What am I, a dog? But thanks anyway." YK munched on the cookie she received. Yet every minute and every second, a sigh escapes her lips.

"Speaking of which, Wendy said she'll start her Teacher mode today, right?" -Irene

YK nods silently. "I don't think it'll happen. I haven't seen her all day."

Just then Wendy came in.

"WENDY!! I missed you!!"

"Where have you been? We missed you. Especially YK. She missed you more."

Joy was the first to tackle a hug to Wendy and throws countless question over.

"YK, let's go to the library." -Wendy

"t-the library? Why? You know I hated there." -YK

"I'll tutor you there during club hours and when you get home, do your own revision."

The atmosphere gotten heavier. They all sensed that Wendy and YK's relationship right now is super serious.

Because the last time they fight, Wendy would either tutor Yk in the club room. Or set a specific time 3 hours to tutor her at home. But now....

"Wait what? library? own revision at home? '" (YK)

"You mean you're not coming home?"

Wendy stayed silent.

"The house is yours too. We worked together. If you don't want to see me t home, I'll stay in my room forever. "

"don't worry about me. I'll be staying at a friend's house.'

YK laughed. "How can I not worry about you? And you expect me to study and maintain my grades? Are you kidding me? You know me well enough to know that if I am worry about something, I can't stay focus! So if you really want me to pass every subject, don't leave."

"I'll wait for you at the library."

Wendy walks out right after saying that leaving YK stunned as a stone.

"Seriously, you two needs to talk it out or else things are going to get worst." -Seulgi

Seulgi started to grow impatient. She can't stand it when things like that happen among her friends. Especially childhood friends like Wendy and YK. Their friendship over the years had been great. Even she was jealous of their relationship where mean things does not means offense. They can cursed at each other for one minute - in which she haven't heard such thing yet, and the next minute they could tease each other jokingly, chasing each other around like some 4-5 year olds and protect each other in times of needs. And from Seulgi's observation, she is rather sure that these two best friends have mutual feelings for each other just like Irene and her. Which is why she still couldn't figure out why Wendy is avoiding YK.

If it's in drama....

[In Seulgi's mini mind-theatre]

Seulgi as the male lead, Irene as the female lead.

The female lead spaces out, the male lead leans in closer and looked into her eyes. Someone knocked the male lead from behind so their lips touched.

The female lead comes back to earth from spacing out and stared at the male lead. The male bravely and slowly leans in closer cautiously and kissed the female's lead on the lips.

After that, the female lead says "That was my first kiss, thief." while blushing. Then the male lead be like "I don't want to be the thief who stole your first kiss. I want to be your man who has his throne in your heart. "

 

 

 

Although a couple is made in the Detective club, but YK and Wendy's friendship seems to have a tsunami gushes over them. Will they be okay?

 

 

 

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

TBC >>

 

A/N: EXCUSE THE CHEESINESS of Seulgi's 'mind drama'. That kid (and me) watched too much K-dramas !!! hehe. Releas another chapter in celebration of almost 110 subs!!! (109 currently) *pops confetti* OMMG thanks for the lurve and support, guys. :)