Catch 50 of them if you can

Mystery of Kang Seulgi?
#300DayswithREDVELVET
 
update 1/2

 

 

Wednesday

Seulgi has been observing Wendy and YK from afar. Everyday during lunch break and after class, Seulgi would leave the class first before Irene could even catch her since the Monday incident.

Seulgi would first go to Wendy's class first and peeps in. Since it is after class, and her student council meeting is an hour away, Wendy is sitting at her own place, day dreaming while looking outside the window. The birds chirps, the fluffy clouds playing along with the wind. It should be just nice for the Detective team to go out and play for a hour.

Usually, at this one hour time span, there was only two things that keeps Wendy company. One, YK ditch the Detective Club and chat with Wendy in her class, or two, Wendy spends her one hour time with the Detectives. And it has been three days since these didn't happen like the usual.

Seulgi sighed and turned around, only to gasps seeing Irene had her arms crossed and tapping her toe on the floor.

"Let me guess, you have been doing this since Monday?" Irene tossed Seulgi's bag to her which she manage to catch and slings it over her shoulder.

They walked away from Wendy's class, Irene snakes her arm around Seulgi's then glides down naturally to hold her hand. No complain, Seulgi liked how Irene could swiftly do that in a sneaky way without getting caught by the teachers.

"Well, yeah. Sort of. I have been observing--"

"stalking."

"Fine.. Stalking them for awhile. My gut feeling was right. They can't live without each other, Joohyun-ah. Just like us. But something went wrong with them and Wendy showing no signs of talking it out which is a weirdest ever because Wendy would always prioritize YK and discuss everything with her."

"You're thinking that we should help them so that they speak their minds to each other and finally hug and cry in each other's arms?"

"Woah~ As expected of my girlfriend. You could read my mind."

Irene chuckled at Seulgi's remark.

"That was what I thought too but how should we do it? We don't have Doraemon's devices for help that's for sure."

"We'll.... think of something eventually... Or maybe God and the sakura tree will help them just like they helped us."

 

 

 

 

 

 

Park, 5.30 pm

The Detectives heard some gun shots coming from a nearby bank.

Without hesitation, YK bolts over to the bank.

"BRING OUT THE CHILDREN! WE DON'T NEED KIDS!!"

One of the robbers shouted as he held the door. The other robbers brings out the kids and let them go out. The police have not arrived yet.

"What is this? It's robbing and there's no police in here? Impossible."

The big sized robber that seems like the boss walks out with a speaker in hand.

"We have hacked into the security system of the bank. The stupid cops won't be here soon. Call all your banks to bring in their cash over here and give them to us. "

"They hacked the security? No wonder there's no police here."

A/N: Banks have a special security systems; when triggered - even if none of the staff called the police, the nearby police station would dispatch agents over to the bank in 2 minutes. Most robbers applies the '2-minutes rule' which is from the time they barged into the bank and exits with loots within 2 minutes before the police arrives. (From the 'Detectives in Trouble episode.1)

 

8.30pm

"Joy, are my gloves done repairing?" -YK

Irene, Joy, Seulgi and Yeri looked at YK curiously. all have the one same thought "She's not gonna do what I think she is gonna do,right?"

Joy takes out the glove and hands it to YK. YK put the gloves on.

"I'm gonna sneak in and check on the hostages. All of you stay here."

YK said and sneaks off through the crowd swiftly.

"Why does her glove needs fixing anyway? It's just a normal one, right?" Seulgi questioned.

"You're wrong. YK's glove is nothing but normal. It has been enhanced with a little of Joy's expertise. And the device sort of malfunctioned when she saved you from the alley so I had to replace some parts of it." Joy explained.

 

 

 

 

Meanwhile.....

Wendy having a meeting with the student council about the recent cases of some students getting a bite on their ear by some strange man in sailormoon costume which so-called said that he gave them some kind of blessings to repel evil.

"Giving them blessings to repel evil, huh? What a creep." -Council 1

"He could be a ert with ear and sailormoon . Blessings? Is he joking?" -Council 2

"What can we do to prevent this ert from approaching the students?" -Council 3

Wendy reads all the testimony from the victims and found a hint.

"It says here that she did not get bitten because she was using a garlic perfume?"  -Wendy

"Eew. Garlic perfume. Even I would get as far as possible from it."  -Council 2

"As expected. You have that detective vibe in you for a second." -Council 3

"That's why she is the president. We should thank the detective club. Hahaha." -Council 2

 

 

 

 

 

After the student council meeting, Wendy walks  home. When she walks passed the electrical store with TV displays, she was going to ignore it until she sees the Detective club at the crime scene.

Wendy gasps, "Seulgi? Baechu? Joy and Yeri too? Wait... Where's YK?"

"Apparently one of these Detective club fro the nearby high school snuck in to the bank. And through the laptop of one of the student, looks like we get coverage of the inside condition thanks to the friend who snuck in" -Reporter

Then the camera shows Joy typing on her laptop, after that she turned the laptop to the camera showing the situation inside the bank with the presence of robbers and hostages as well as staffs.

"According to reports, there are 30 robbers in total with 50 hostages. Theyve let the children out before sealing the exit completely.... " -Reporter

 

"YEON, YOU HASTY IDIOT!!!!"

Wendy ran to the scene immediately.

 

 

 

Back at the scene

 

A gunshot was heard from the outside whih made the witness and police (who finally arrived after the reporters) shocked.

"YK, YK are you okay? What's the condition in there?" Joy spoke through the in-ear that was activated awhile ago through the group chat's bluetooth device.

"Everything is fine. But one staff got shot. It seems like he won't die for now. Though I'm not sure if he could walk anymore after this. He's shot right on the knee." -YK whispers giving the situation of the inside to Joy, the others are hearing from the sides (except Seulgi and Yeri because they do not have the device as they are not an official member) and Joy reports it to the polices.

 

Wendy arrived at the scene, but she hid behind the nearby tree to watch the scene.

 

 

Three hours had passed since the robbery occurred, one man got shot.

 

 

Joy suddenly remembered an additional feature she added though it was not tested yet.

 

"Psst. Hey YK. I just remembered something." -Joy

"What is it?" -YK

"See the additional orange button there?" -Joy

"Yeah.. What about it."

"That's the Naruto mode." -Joy

"Har??! What on earth does it do?"

"Naruto's ninja ability and Shadow Clone technique which you like best. I haven't have the chance to test it out though." -Joy

"Hahaha.Nice. I'll be the lab rat now. Finally I can hit them into pulps and kick them to jail. Activate Naruto Mode. Shadow Clone technique!!!!"

 

The Detectives heard it over the in-ear. The robbers screams as they got punched with YK's hurricane fists. And through the monitor, the gang watched YK as if they're watching a real life Naruto fight.

After tying the robbers up in a bunch, YK walks out of the bank and went to report the situation to the police.

"What happened in there." One policemen asked.

"Oh. They wanted some coffee so I added some sleeping pills in them and beat them up after that. Teehee." YK answered casually leaving no signs of suspicion.

"Okay. We'll take it from here. Good job, kid."

The Detectives hugged YK immediately after she finished talking to the cops.

Seulgi and Yeri grinned as they watched them. Then Seulgi noticed a familiar figure peeping on them behind a nearby tree.

 

 

 

 

 

Wendy's POV

I heard a gunshot suddenly. My heart skipped a beat and I think it could pass as a mini heart attack.

"Y--Yeon? Please be safe, idiot."

Images of Yeon getting shot after getting caught by the robbers flashes through my mind. I blame Yeon for the Detective Movie Marathon we had last two weeks ago on Saturday for that where one of the hero snuck in to the lair and get caught and gets killed and stuffs like that.

But looking at the Detectives's reaction it seems like they are still talking to Yeon through the bluetooth thinggy that Joy had invented.

Suddenly I watched them cheered as if they're watching a wrestling match. My gut feeling tells me it's a good sign. That idiot is fighting back with the robbers with the help of Joy's device.A relief sighs escaped my lips as my eyes were still glued to the scene when the Detectives high-fived each other happily as if celebrating.

Seconds later............

YK walks out safe and sound from the bank with the infamous proud grin on her face. Unknowingly, a trail of tears streams down my face.

I sobbed and scolded Yeon softly under my breath "That pabo. Idiot Yeon. Always gives me a heart attack."

After seeing with my own eyes that Yeon is safe, I turned away to go back. Atleast right now, I can feel relief.

"Pabo. Why did I even fall for you anyway?"

 

----------------------------------

TBC >> 2nd update at 9pm kst later.

#300dayswithREDVELVET and counting~~