The X part 5

Mystery of Kang Seulgi?

YK went to look for Wendy at the rooftop pool, Wendy was lost i thoughts while leaning against the rails. YK approached her and wrps her arms around her like she would do always but when she was about to give a peck, Wendy moved away.

"Seungwan-ah~ " YK called softly but Wendy breaks free from YK's backhug.

"I'm fine. I just lost my mind for a second there." Wendy said but her back facing YK.

"How are you 'fine'. You are far from fine. What exactly is on your mind, Seungwan?" YK made Wendy to look at her. But what she saw surprises her. Wendy had tears streaming down her cheeks.

"S--Seung--"

"Go to Jiyeon."

"........"

"She wants you back, isn't it. Then go back to her."

"Son Seungwan!! Did you even hear yourself!! So you're saying that you're okay if I go back to Jiyeon?"

"If that makes you happy then just go!! As if I care. You had a hard time after the break up, you must be happy that she wants you back."

Wendy keeps spurting out words that she wish YK would deny them all on the spot but YK didn't. The two were too pissed to their bones to even think straight.

"Fine! If that is what you want then I WILL!" YK stormed away, leaving Wendy by the pool.

 

 

 

 

"Joohyun-ah~ Wait up!" Seulgi ran after Irene with Joy and Yeri just observing the couple's mishaps right now. In just a day, they met with two ex.

"Unnie, will you go back to your ex if you are dump?" Yeri asked boldly eaning a light smack on her lips.

"Yah don't curse me, i haven't been in a relationship yet and you're cursing me to get dumped? And of course not. Past is past. But that also depends If both are still in love with each other after break up, there is a possibility of returning."

"So that means... YK and Jiyeon, Seulgi and Krystal might...."

"Enough of guesses. Haiz.. looks like our Detective Club trip just turned into a couple's warzone."

Joy sighed, Yeri stared at Joy and suddenly have the urge to hug Joy and so she did.

"Don't worry, unnie. They will solve it on their own. " Yeri said.

"You never fail to surprise me, Yeri-ah. Kids of your age, what do you even know?"

Yeri pouted. "Atleast I know when I fall in love with somebody. Aish. I'm just gonna..." Yeri left without finishing her sentence.

"Wha-- That kid is so weird sometimes." Joy shook her head while watch Yeri runs off.

 

 

 

 

"Yah Joohyun!! Joohyun!!! stop stop stop!" Seulgi ran and blocked the door with her arms and feet spread wide. Irene crosses her arms at her chest and glared at the nervous bear.

"Hyun-ah~ listen to me please. Soojung--- I mean Krystal... Krystal and I are nothing. We just had a simple chat and meals that's it."

"You just called her Soojung." Irene's voice sounded colder than South Pole where Santa lives and much sharper, deadlier than the iceberg that sunk the Titanic in 1912 freezing Seulgi on the spot. Irene then breaks through the blockage and walks by, Seulgi chases her again and grabs her wrist.

"It's a slip of tongue. And I am telling the truth. Krystal just wants to catch up on things so we had meal for days. She's going back to Seoul later today and she wants to talk to you."

Irene snickered. "Mwoya. You're here stopping me because she tells you to and not because you wanted to? Ugh. Whatever."

Seulgi pouted; it's always like this, when she tries to get important messages through to someone it always failes when she's nervous. She gets tongue-tied or her mind would jumble up the sentences and phrases. Seulgi sighed and followed Irene. " That's not what I meant, Joohyun~" She watch Irene go back to WenYeon's room then she go back to the room she is SUPPOSE to share with Irene.

Irene lies down on the couch. Curiously replaying back the words Krystal had been saying to her all these while.

"Don't you have fighting spirit?"

"You won't even put up a fight for your love life?"

"Seulgi overcame her stage fright and sang for you, what did you do?"

 

 

 

Something odd about Krystal had been bothering Irene and she had a feeling that when they go back to school, they'll be as if they don't know each other. So, she have decided to meet Krystal for a little chat.

"Wendy-ah~ Are you asleep?" -Irene turns over and look at Wendy's back figure

"Hmm? Not yet. Why?" -Wendy turns over to face Irene although in a distant

"Do you happen to know which room is Krystal in?" -Irene

"Three floors below us... hmm.. Second or third room from the elevator.. why?"-Wendy

"Nothing much. I'm just gonna talk to her." -Irene

"At this late hours?" -Wendy

"Don't worry. And you should probably sleep too rather than letting Jiyeon messing up with your thoughts." -Irene then left the room.

 

 

Yk has been listening to their conversation secretly sent a message to the personal chatroom she has with Seulgi.

[YK] Conan to Bear. Hey!

[Bear] Bear's here. What's up?

[YK] Baechu is gonna find Krystal and 'chat'. You should follow her..

[Bear] Let them be.. Krystal wants to talk to her too.

[YK] Are u crazy? What if a fight breaks out?

[Bear] A fight won't....

[Bear] Will it?

[YK] Erm.. should I remind you that Baechu almost killed me like few hours ago?

[Bear] o...kay.

[Bear] I'm gonna go catch them and just in case a fight breaks out.

 

YK then keeps her phone aside.

The mood of the club had been really bad ever since their ex(s) showed up. Even YK had physical fight with Joy which never happened. They had never even argued seriously before only playful bickers when they're bored like "I'm taller" or "I ate more plates" then they'd end up laughing after a few lines going back and forth.

"Yeon-ah~"

Wendy calls out fondly. It has been awhile since Wendy spoke to her after Jiyeon's reappearance. YK is more tan happy to hear that calling again but tries her best to sound calm.

"Hmm?" was only a hum of reply that YK let's out.

"Does it hurt?"

The question hits YK in confusion: Not sure of what she is referring to. YK turns to face Wendy.

"What hurt?"

Wendy did not answer the question, instead she hesitantly used her hand and cups YK's cheek then used her thumb to touch the wound at the corner of YK's lips.

YK winced in pain. "Ow ow.. yah gentle.." She pouts at Wendy and heard a soft giggle from the latter. YK always puts up a cool and charsmatic image when others are around and wouldn't even wince in pain when she gets hurt but with only Wendy around, Yk would cry, wince and whimper like a cute puppy asking for attention from it's owner. Ofcourse Wendy doesn't mind that. YK was rather cute to her that way. She prefer her Yeonnie be at ease around her rather than putting up an act, hiding her true emotions away.

Wendy smacks YK's and said "Sit up. It has to be treated." while she pulled out the drawer at the night stand and take out the first aid kit. YK obediently switch on the table lamp and sat up while waits for Wendy to mix the anti bacterial solutions then used the cotton bud and dabs in the solution.

"Ready?" -Wendy

"Do I have to? It will heal in a couple of days anyway."

"Right. And risk having bacteria to build houses in the wound, no way. now stay still." Wendy then dabs the solution with cotton bud on the wound gently making YK whimpers in pain.

"Stay still. One last thing." Wendy takes the mickey mouse plaster and band it on the wound.

"Done." Wendy packs the first aid kit and put it away.

"Wannie-ah, are you still mad at me?'

"You mean about...." Wendy doesn't need to finish her question because YK already nodded, both knowing what the question was referring to.

"I'm only treating your wound, doesn't mean I forgave you. Besides, you already said you will---"

"I did not mean that and you know it!" Yk accidentally raised her voice. Once she realized that, she lies back on the bed.

YK sighed with her eyes closed then she sat up again when Wendy lies down. She decided to go check out on the dumb bear.

"Where are you going?" Wendy asked partly hoping YK is not going to find Jiyeon.

"Irene and Krystal are gonna talk. Seulgi is there secretly to make sure that both doesn't engage in physical fight. I'm just gonna check them out." YK said while putting on her shoes.

Wendy sits up and put on her sneakers, "I'll go with you. I'm worried of them too." Wendy heads out to the door first. YK opens their cupboard and pull out a jumper jacket and ties at her waist. She won't do that if she goes alone. She's fine with a T-shirt and denim shorts but if Wendy is going with her, she'll be extra cautious of what she might need later on to prevent her girlfriend from getting sick.

 

 

 

 

After asking Seulgi of her location, Wendy and YK went to her and hide at the same place where they could see Krystal and Irene. But their hiding spot was too far to hear their conversation.

"Well so far so good?" YK asked whisperingly.

"I told you we shouldn't be here." Seulgi protested.

The cold wind starts blowing. YK heard Wendy started sniffling, immediately took off the jumper jacket she tied at her waist and make Wendy wears it.

Obediently, Wendy does as she's told to.

"Woah. They're smiling? They...Are... Smiling??" YK noticed the changes of Krystal and Irene. They smiled and shook hands... Seriously?

Seulgi already fell asleep this time in her squatting position.

"Yah Kang---- She's asleep? wow." Yk sprinkled some water on Seulgi's face to wake her up but ofcourse it don't work on the heavy sleeper. Wendy pinched Seulgi's nose and stopped her breathing. Seconds later, Seulgi woke up shouting for help saying that she drowned.

"What are you guys doing here?" The familiar voice behind them asked. It was Irene.

"I thought you're going to fight with her." YK said half jokingly. "But looks like you two made up before Krystal goes back to Seoul."

"Yeap. Mystery solved." was all Irene said. so they sat under a tree and have a small chat over some warm drinks. That was until.......

 

 

 

 

 

"AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Somebody screamed all the sudden.

"The heck is that?" Krystal questioned as they looked around.

The voice sounded oddly familiar to YK. "It's Jiyeon!!" YK announced and ran off to the restaurant where the voice came from.

Once they reached the restaurant, they find Jiyeon still screaming for help while hugging her knees and both her hands covering her ears.

YK rushed over to her immediately.

"Jiyeon-ah~ Jiyeon. It's me. Jiyeon! What happened"

Hearing the familiar voice, Jiyeon calmed down a little and looked up at YK. In less than a second, jiyeon clings herself on YK, hugging her tightly. YK's hands awkwardly left open before patting her back with one hand.

Joy and Yeri came in after that with some policeman. Yeri gasps and Joy facepalmed herself when she sees Jiyeon and YK hugging.

"You've gotta be kidding me." Joy muttered.

joy, Yeri, Seulgi and Irene exchange glances at each other. Then they looked at Wendy. Wendy noticed the gaze of them and forces a smile.

"I'm fine. We got a corpse here and Jiyeon is Yeonnie's friend so.. I'm fine. It's no big deal."

"Yah.. Anyone seen Seulgi-unnie?" Yeri looks around while jumping since Joy is blocking her view.

"Could she still be at where we were?" Irene wonders. Then she see a sleepy Seulgi outside of the restaurant walking or rather swaying sleepily while ywaning looking like a big lost kid in her winnie the pooh pajamas.

Krystal was the first to see it and sighs, "She's still the big dumb bear.. tsk.tsk." Irene looked at the  direction Krystal is looking at and giggled at the cuteness of her bear.

"Yah. Should we do something ?" suddenly Krystal nudged Irene, having a prankster smirk on her face made Irene wonder what can possibly Krystal suggests.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"What do we have about the vic?" One policeman who seems like the highest rank squats beside the corpse and observes it while other subordinates takes pictures of the corpse and it's surroundings.

"His name is Mr. Kang. Alias Shark Kang. He was a criminal 5 years ago. After he was released, he took pastry lessons and became the pastry chef here." the policeman's subordinate reported.

"And who found the victim?"

"It was us.... Technically it was Manager Park. We ran over here when we heard her scream." Wendy stepped up to explain.

"Ah you kids again. Detective Club from Seoul, right? I'm Inspector Mint. I've heard a lot from the Seoul Policeman. So who is this Manager Park?"

Yeri and Joy pointed at the Jiyeon.

"She totally freaked out and had been clinging on somebody else's girlfriend since we barged in here before sunrise." Krystal commented sarcastically.

Officer Mint walks over and taps on YK's shoulder. YK turns around and nodded her head a little.

"She's asleep. I'll talk to you after sending her back to her room." YK said to Officer Mint. He nodded then YK carries Jiyeon in bridal style.

"Wait." Officer Mint noticed something on YK's back and Jiyeon's hand. His forensic team scraps some samples off of the two.

"Why? What is it?" YK questioned, looking at each of her club members.

"There are blood stains on your shirt. And there are blood on Jiyeon's hand. But you could clean her up later. We already got the sample we need."

YK bowed lightly before proceeded to Jiyeon's room. When YK passes by Wendy, she halts her step. "Don't get the wrong idea. I'll still do the same thing no matter who is in my arm right now."

 

######################################

A/N: Have a nice Sunday. :D Wednesday another episode of SeulDy!!! Seulgi's stage this time though. :D Can't wait.

Rumour of the Day: Red Velvet prepapring for summer album. Girl groups + solo debuts battle overlapping for 2nd half of the year.

As for me.. I'm still waiting for Taeyeon's solo album. (secret wish: Wendy's featuring. ;) )