Detective to Musical

Mystery of Kang Seulgi?
#300DayswithREDVELVET
 
update 2/2

 

 

Seulgi, Irene, Joy, Yeri was the first to arrive at the club room after school.

Irene opened the door with the key in her hand only to be greeted with a messy clubroom

 

Their jaw hang wide

"What on earth??" Yeri muttered.

Joy walked in and picked up a red piece of paper pinned on their desk. It reads:

As of today 2015.05.26, The existence of the Detective Club has been canceled.

This is the order of the Principal and The Student Council Committee

due to the failure of getting the total minimum amount of 5 members to form a club.

As for the members in the Detective Club, they will be placed under Musical & Theaters unless the members has different interest.

-Student Council-

 

"Student council? Isn't that thing under Wendy??" -Joy

"......."

"Woah. Did a hurricane hit this place?"

YK steps in  carefully as she avoid stepping on the books and board games.

"YK!! Look. The principal canceled the Detective Club." Joy showed the red notice to YK. But YK didn't even read everything. Her eyes only caught on one..

"Student council."

Seulgi saw YK's gritted teeth and crumpled the side of the notice. She's angry right now. Probably crazy things entering her mind, no one knows. And no one dared to ask. Seulgi just felt that things won't be settled so soon, in fact it may have gotten worst.

If even she knows how important the Detective Club is to YK, then Wendy should know better than her. She was the one who helped to let the Detective Club stays the way it is before Yeri and her comes in. Irene told her that under the Detective Club's name, if the Detective club gets paid for solving cases, those payments fully goes to charity under the school's name. So indirectly promoting the school as well as building great reputation to get more sponsors for the school. Of Course Detectives never get paid constantly. So when there is no payment, Wendy would be the one to use her own money from the savings of the shared account between YK and her to do that. ($100 minimum) And the best thing is.... ONLY Irene and Wendy knows about this. Joy knows half of it: that they have been doing charity but she thinks that all the money was from the payment they get.

 

 

 

 

The student council is helping out the theaters club to set up their stage because they'll have a competition right after exam.

The Detective---- erm... EX-Detective-Club goes over to them since now they "are in the club".

 

While the student councils are on stage doing things, Wendy felt YK's presence and shifted her attention to the audience place. A soft smile forms on her lips when she saw YK and the Detectives there however the smile soon disappear when she saw YK's expression. YK's brows are arched together, her fists clenching tight and her eyes are shooting laser.

"Hey, the principal decided to wipe out the Detective club from it's existence. "

Wendy heard one of her council member said to another.

"Wipe out the Detective club? Why? The Club is YK's soul." -Wendy thought

YK looks around in silent. Wendy knows this is a bad sign.

"Hey, these are your copy of the play. Go through it and see which character do you like. All characters are open for discussion." The play leader distributes the script to them.

Suddenly YK turned around to leave.

"YK, wait!" Wendy called out. YK halts her step without looking back.

"We are not needed here. We'll just study in the library." Yk said in a calm tone as she pressed down her anger. She don't want to say or do something stupid when being angry that will ruin their friendship once and for all. After she said that, she tossed the crumpled red notice in the air and it drops right in front of Wendy.

Wendy picks up the notice and reads it. She got shocked when she read the ending "Student council". Now she knows why YK acted that way. She felt betrayed. She misunderstood that it is Wendy's doing behind this when in fact she defended the club in front of the principal.

 

*FLASHBACK*

Seulgi walks by the Principal's office when she was going back to class.

"Cancelling the Detective Club? No way! Principal, why?? The Detective club helped with the school's reputation. We also got many sponsors and student because of the club's existence."

"But it is against the rules for the club to have less than 5 members."

"but the deal was, we get more members when the new semester comes."

"Do you think that shabby club could get two more members to join by the end of the semester?"

".....But the Detective Club did so much!! They even have public recognition for helping those in needs and they donated to charity as well. How could you just cancel it's existence after what they've done over the years?!!! "

"The funds we used to sustain them is too much."

"Funds?? Detective Club did not use a single cent from the school at all!!"

"Wendy, Should I remind you that you're a student council president? Did I chose the wrong president?"

--End of Flashback--

 

 

 

*Beep* YK's phone beeped.

She read the message.

Wandoo: Can we talk about this?

YK ignored it.

 

 

 

 

Exam Week....

Wendy's class and YK's class shares the examination hall for science. Wendy's seat was right next to YK's 2nd row from the window. The exam is starting in five minutes and she sees no signs of YK anywhere. Wendy started to wonder whether YK will take the exam or not after what happened to them.

Just then, a minute before the exam starts, YK walks in leisurely and seat beside Wendy (with a table distance apart, it is exam anyway.)

Just like that.

Wendy would occasionally steal glances of YK while she answers the exam paper and smiles proudly to herself when she sees YK had no problem answering the exam at all. She is her secret tutor after all.

Their days just went by like that.

Back at home, YK would stay in the room until Wendy ask her to come out after she had done eating.

even when Wendy asks YK to eat with her because she missed her presence, they never talks.

When they passed by each other at school, YK would glued her eyes to the floor or talk to the members.

During science class when they sat next to each other, they never talked. Even though Wendy would help YK to correct her notes.

Both of them are hurting inside ....

But none of them has that courage to speak their mind....

Because both doesn't want to risk their friendship...

But...

What kind of friends doesn't talk to each other??

What is the difference of them right now with those who from friends became strangers??

 

 

 

 

 

Exams are finally O-V-E-R!! ... The 'Detectives' new hang out place is the library VIP room

"Ya'know... Wendy did a lot for the club." Seulgi started nervously and observed YK's reaction. Which of course her eyes were just glued to the book in front of her.

"The club should get more members, according to the Principal's deal. Wendy fought for you, YK. Besides, it wasn't even her who sent us that. She didn't even know that the others (council members) would act without her consent. YK-ah~ You should talk to Wendy. Hear what she has to say. Are you even listening to me?"

"I don't know.."

Seulgi exploded with YK's reply and slams the table shocking everyone in the room including her own girlfriend. (since they are in the VIP room with only 4 of them, it won't cause disturbance)

"LISTEN HERE CLOSELY!" Seulgi grabbed YK by the collar.

"Ask yourself! You've known Wendy for a long time! You both grew up together! You should have known her well enough!! When everyone says that she is the culprit, aren't you suppose to be the first one to defend her and find evidence that she s not?! WHY ARE YOU THE ONE TO DOUBT YOUR OWN BEST FRIEND WHO IS ALSO YOUR CRUSH!!! EISH!!" Seulgi screamed for the first time ever.

"WHEN DID I EVER SAID I HAVE A CRUSH ON HER?!!"

"WE ARE NOT BLIND!! CUPID'S SAKE! WE SEE IT! EVEN I SEE IT. THE WAY YOU LOOKED AT HER! THE WAY SHE LOOKED AT YOU! THE WAY YOU BOTH CARED FOR EACH OTHER!! Are you sure you want to let this one stupid notice to break your friendship with Wendy?!!" Seulgi sat down and Irene fans her girlfriend. She gives her bottle of water to her girlfriend to let her cool down.

Seugi drank the water from Irene's bottle then continue to talk.

"Even if you don't talk about the kiss part in the park--"

"It was a peck!"

"Fine the PECK part, just talk about this one. Detective club is important to you and so is Wendy. You're getting a feeling of betrayal and it will consume you inwardly if you don't clear it up with her. Now don't be stubborn--"

Seulgi takes YK's phone from her pocket and holds out to her.

"And go to the roof and talk it out."

"Alright alright.. Fine.." YK surrender and takes the phone. She replied to Wendy asking to meet at the roof.

 

 

 

 

 

 

The Roof

Hustling and bustling goes the wind. It's blowing stronger than ever as if a storm is going to hit.

Wendy hugs herself for warmth as she waits for the presence of her childhood-bestfriend-crush.

After waited patiently for a while, she felt a clothe around her. She recognized the jacket which was placed over her as YK back-hugged Wendy in silent.

"Pabo. With a strong wind like that, you should go in and wait at the stairway."