By Your Side

Mystery of Kang Seulgi?

 

Hello Jeju-do~

"WAHHHHH!!!!!!"

Joy, Yeri, Wendy, Seulgi, Irene held hands together and ran to the water letting the waves greets them with light hits on their feet.

Wendy dives into the water while the others splashes water to each other.

Yeri had a mouth water gun and squirts the water from it by biting on it just like a real life squirtle.

Laughter, dolphin screams,shrieking fills the air as they fool around in the water with their swimsuits.

When the sun sets, everybody goes to the shore and relaxes on the beach chairs.

Wendy then noticed the amount of members isn't quite right.

"Where's...." Wendy scans the beach.

There's Yeri and Joy building sand castles at one side, then there's her girlfriend right next to her, and herself.

"The other lovebirds went for a stroll and buying some food and charcoals for barbecue later.."

 

YK POV

After having to splash each other in water and plays water volleyball which I always fall because my legs are weak against the waves while Wandoo goes for a swim.

All eyes were on her as she swims not far from her but who to blame, she's just that awesome. Her workout definitely pays off. And mind I remind you, hard rock 11 abs? And the two piece ocean-blue swimsuit is so not helping me with mind control. So I end up having the beach ball in my face or on my head and stuffs.

All of us wears the same with different colors and patterns. Baechu's is white and with strawberry prints on them, Seulgi has oranges printed on them, Joy has green apples or is that cherry, Yeri has Mickey Mouse glove printed on, mine has "I <3 U" in cursive handwriting and Wandoo's has clouds.

 

After getting tired of games, we decided for a barbecue. Seulgi and Irene volunteered to go and buy the stuffs at the store close by while bringing some man for assistance, Joy and Yeri having their own sand-castle competition, Wendy swims in the water while I look at her while relaxing on the beach-chair.

I watched the way she dived in to the water and then comes out with the sun shining behind her, as she pushed her hair back and wipes the water off her face. Wow.

As she walks her way back to shore, i pretended that I did not notice her. Well, I have my sunglasses on so it wasn't obvious that I looked at her all the time, right?

 

 

 

 

 

SeulRene, Seulgi POV

Walking hand-in-hand with Irene leaving no gaps between us as we stroll the path to the stores.We wore a jacket over our two-piece swimsuit Irene is wearing my oversized jacket over her two-piece swimsuit. We were fooling around all the way since cars are not allowed in this area, nothing bad is going to happen. At most, we'd just be accidentally knock down by bicycles and tricycles which would only give us some scratches and bruises.

Irene's eyes lits up when we passed by the puppet show. We stood behind the kids who are seated infront of us and watched the show since Irene refused to leave. So I watched it with her.

When the show finished, I noticed a second of sadness in her eyes. When the kids left, I led her to sit at the most front in the centre facing the puppet show stage.

"Wait here. And look at the front. I'll be right back." I smiled assuring and left her after getting a nod.

I went to talk with the puppet show ahjusshi and learnt the basic of puppet show like how to move the mouth of the puppet and joints of the puppet to be tally and in sync like normal human movements. I'm a fast learner so that was easy enough for me. When the ahjusshi thinks I can full fill one stage,he the light of the stage for me.

 

 

Irene POV

Watching the puppet show made my childhood memories comes back so unknowingly I pulled Seulgi with me. I was watching intensely until the show was over. One part of me feels sad that it's over. I really liked puppet shows when I was little. The only memory I had with my father before he left my family behind.

Then Seulgi tucks my arm and led me to the seat after the kids left and told me to wait for her. I nodded in confusion. Then she left while I obediently waits for her with her bodyguard behind me. After waiting for awhile, the lights of the puppet stage again.

A bear puppet made it's appearance on the stage. It sings, it dances, it acts and did body-gag comedy making me unable to hold in my laughter and bursts out laughing.

"Oh dear moon, please sends me an angel. My life had been terrible." said the bear. Then from the 'moon' comes an angel with butterfly wings attached on her back as it flew down to the bear.

"Dear bear, I am sent by the lord to be by your side starting from now on. Your only duty is to protect me from harm and be faithful to me." The angel said as she cups the bear's cheeks.

The bear then kneels down on one knee and took the angel's right hand in it's paw and pecks behind the angel's hand like a prince to a princess.

"Oh dear angel, being faithful is what I do best. I have fallen into the trap of your heart, fallen hard for you and I am in no plan of escaping from that trap. As for protecting you from harm, I am a bear. People are afraid of me. Your safety is a guarantee when you are with me." The bear vows.

I squeaked and peeps through my fingers when the bear and angel kissed. Then the curtain falls. I clapped in amusement. Seulgi never fails to surprise me and made me feel that I'm the happiest person on this planet.

Seulgi and the ahjusshi bowed to the 'audiences' like a real show as I was grinning from ear to ear.

After that, Seulgi had her infamous bear-like smile where her teethy smile was so big it made her eyes disappeared in crescent.

I jogs over and throws myself to her, hugging her and kisses all over her face.

"You missed a spot" Seulgi said. I looked at her with rounded eyes then she points at her lips.

I smiled at gesture before planting a kiss on her lips. "Thank you."

 

**END OF POVs**

 

 

WenYeon

"GAWD!! WHAT TOOK YOU LOVEBIRDS SO LONG?!!" YK shouted from a distance upon spotting the two lovebirds coming back with all the needs.

YK starts to set up the fire while Wendy takes out all the ingredients. When all the food are cooked, Wendy called everyone to gather at the table while she put the food on everyone's plate like another. YK only had smiles as she watches over her.

Overtimes, YK would steal glances at Wendy and vice versa but out of 20 times, 15 times they steal glances at the same time and end up giggling shyly for catching each other.

"Gosh you two. Go get a room! We are trying to eat here." Joy rolls her eyes. She had been catching the lovebird's lovey-dovey moment and no she doesn't like it.

After they all had a nice decent meal, everyone decided to call it a day and go back to their own resort rooms.

 

 

 

In WenYeon's room

Stuck on you, by your side Yeah (X3)

A crinkling whisper, curiosity builds up on the tip of my tongue
I’m looking around because I’m curious
Time stops when you transparently touch me
A fresh scent spreads in my mouth

Yeon came out from bath and saw Wendy at the balcony looking up to the sky. Yeon approached her and wraps her arms around Wendy giving feathery pecks at the back of Wendy's neck.

"What are you looking at?" Yeon asked in a gentle soft tone.

"I'm talking to the moon."

"The moon?" Yeon moved next to Wendy and look up at the big rounded moon in the sky shining it's moonlight to the blue ocean.

"Yeah. It is the same moon when I first met you." Wendy looked and Yeon with eyes full of emotion: there's love, there's thankfulness, grateful, and the strongest is the 'i-don't-want-to-loose-you' feeling.

What would I have done if I didn’t know you?
I’ll just laugh over this sad feeling
I’m so happy that I can share this happiness with you

Yeon stared right back at her as they silently conveys their feelings with just eye contacts. YK never fails to read Wendy's gestures and the reason behind it. No one could see it but YK can. Or is it because YK is extra observant of Wendy's emotions that she started to take note of everything. YK reads Wendys feelings through the window of her soul just like an open book then YK pulls Wendy into a bear hug.

Don’t go away, always stay by my side
Even when I break you, make you mad and push you with my bad temper
I’m so cautious in case you disappear
The person who values you like a jewel is me

"You won't loose me. I don't want to loose you either. I don't believe in forever but that was before we are together."

In the window that shines on my desk, in the drawer next to my bed
In my pocket, I want to fill you up
Your sweet eyes, your soft touch
They change me, it’s an amazing change

Wendy nodded. YK cups Wendy's cheeks and leans her forehead on hers,

When I turn around, I only think about you
What do I do if I can’t have you in my hands?
You allowed me to whine like this again today, it’s beautiful

"and don't act tough infront of me. Lean on me. Rely on me or whatever. If you're angry, I'll be your punching bag. If you're sad I'll be the bottle. If you're happy, we'll laugh together."

I want to be the only one who has you
Even when I break you, make you mad and push you with my bad temper
I’m so cautious in case you disappear
The person who values you like a jewel is me

"Bottle? Why a bottle?"

"To fill it with your precious tears and use it to water the plants. It'll give life to the plant and the oxygen they give might have your scent?" Yk chuckled at her own silly explanation she came up with spontaneously.

 What if you melt away slowly? 
I let out a long sigh The faster my heart beats, the faster you will melt Like a lie, 
forever stay like that, by my side 
Don’t go away, always stay by my side My smile comes from you

 

"How long have I know you, Wandoo."

"Wannie~ Or Seung Wan.."

"What?" Yk asked in confusion.

"You're special to me so..."

Wendy never allows anyone to call her by her birth name because she gets teased a lot, only those who she considered special to her will call her that.

"Ah~ But I still prefer Wandoo. It suits you."

"And what if you dislike mandoo afterwards?" Wendy pouted.

"Then I'll give you a new endearment.."

Don’t go away, always stay by my side
Even when I break you, make you mad and push you with my bad temper
I’m so cautious in case you disappear
The person who values you like a jewel is me

 

Wendy pouted again. YK giggled and steals a peck from Wendy earning a hit.

"Yah..."

"Fine.. I'll call you 'Wannie~ Wan-ah~ SeungWan-ah~ My SeungWan~' and something along the line, Okay?"

"AH! I almost forgot." YK jogs to the bedroom and search her luggage.

"Where on earth did I put it? " She mumbles as she searched for something from her luggage then her pants pocket and then her jacket pocket.

"FOUND IT!" YK jogs back to Wendy and gives her a box.

"What is this?" Wendy looks at it and opens the box.

Wendy turns around and move her hair away. YK took the one with blue gem and put it around Wendy's neck then locks it securely while she talks.

"I haven't gave you any couple item because nothing catches my attention, and I saw these baby yesterday. It reminds me of you. It's called The Keys of the Heart's Door. Our hearts are sealed and only those with the right key could open it. I want to be the owner of the key of your heart and I want you to be the owner of mine too." YK clears . " Also, I've known you since we were still a kid. I know how handful you can be at times. And how demanding you can be. I've seen  it all. It wasn't a rash decision when I confessed. I have hidden that feeling for a long time, okay. So don't ever think that you will drive me away. I have seen everything. All sides of Seungwan. Like how you were silent the whole day when you were sad. Or when you throws tantrums for days because you were embarrassed. Others can't see the reason behind your gestures and actions but I can. Excuse the cheesiness but it's true."

 Then Wendy takes the one with purple gem and put around YK's neck. Their very first couple item.

"Yeonnie~~"

"Wannie~~"

With the blessing of the moonlight, they shared a lovely kiss. The stars twinkles and the wind blew gently as if they are watching over the couples in Jeju-do.

Stuck on you, by your side Yeah (X2)

The person who values you like a jewel is me

Stuck on you, by your side Yeah (X3)

(Song: Red Velvet - Candy , ENG TRANSLATED LYRICS)

 

 

Yeri couldn't sleep. She was tossing and turning around in bed the whole time.

"Unnie, are you asleep?"

"Hmm..? Almost. Wae?" Joy answered in a sleepy tone.

"Unnie, I think my heart is weird."

"Har?"

"It beats fast when I saw a certain someone. And it hurts when I see that person frowning, or sad or when I could not see that person."

"Mwoya Kim Yerim! You're in love??? " Joy springs up from bed and stares at the younger one.

"It's love or it's just crush, unnie? How should I know?"

"Er... Love is.... stays. It doesn't go from one person to another. It stays with the same person. And it's not okay when the other is in a relationship with another person. Crush is.... it differs and changes... and you are sort of okay with your crush with another person.... I think."

"Then... I think I'm in love with you, unnie." (Yeri thought)

====*****====

A/N: SEULRENE AT COEX ARTIUM ytd!!! SOMEBODY CALL DISPATCH!!