The X part 1

Mystery of Kang Seulgi?

The detective club's DAY 3 of their 'club trip'.

The kids are playing together as a team with their water gun. The bet is that loser team would buy souvenirs for the winner team whatever the cost is.

As Seulgi runs around avoiding the water shooting from the other team, since she is chosen as her team's leader which must be protected at all costs, Irene is chasing him. Since the team mates are chosen randomly, couples are separated into the opposite team. Seulgi ran while looking behind assuming that the beach is too wide to bump into anyone and if anyone were to see a running human who is not aware of her surroundings, they will avoid her instead.

"Ouch! Hey!! watch it, Stupid!" Seulgi's victim said in an annoyed tone.

Seulgi stood up from the ground and dusts the dirt off herself. Then makes a slurping sound as if she had spicy food before her sarcastic comment; "Spicy as usual, Jung Soojung."

The blonde jolts up from the ground and with her arms across her chest, staring down at Seulgi.

"Well well, who do we have here? If it isn't the mafia's daughter Kang Seulgi. So did your father asked you to burn down this place?"

Seulgi snickered. "Excuse you but I owned this place. My father bought this place three years ago. A week after you left without a trace for whatever reason." Seulgi glared at Krystal.

"Look, I told you I was sorry for leaving you. It was an emergency and I couldn't find a way to contact you. We were still kids back then and emails isn't that popular yet. Can you just stop repeating that same sentence? And can we start over? I mean , friends? I have been looking for  a way to contact you but you had been in all over the place when I came back here. I wanted to greet you when I first saw you in class but things weren't right. So can we just..."

 

Little did Seulgi know that Irene and the other detective teams are watching her interaction with Krystal. At first Krystal was sending a "I-will-kill-you-vibe" but now she is smiling and even extended her hand for a handshake.

Irene huffs.

"Now she's flirting with a blonde? seriously Kang Seulgi?" Irene mumbles to herself as she follows the others back to their hotel for breakfast.

"Baechu, what are you mumbling about?" YK was the first to notice Irene's weird act when they sat at the table. Not only Irene is poking her food making holes, but she was mumbling to herself as well.

Just then, Seulgi and Krystal passes by their table and they sat at another corner. Irene sends death glare to Seulgi's back, ofcourse Seulgi was to numb to feel a thing.

Krystal was chatting with Seulgi catching up on their past and family stuffs when she felt a laser-like feeling shooting towards her. She shifted her gaze and saw Irene's not-so-happy-expression with their school's famous detective club team. Krystal smirked at Irene. Irene held her fork as if she is holding a knife and stabbed on her food.

"O--Oi Baechu. I mean Joohyun..Irene. Snap out of it." YK held Irene by the wrist to stop her. Wendy gives Irene a glass of cold water. Though they don't know what is the cause but the last time they seen Irene like that is when her cleanly fresh-from-laundry clothes had food stains caused by Joy by accident. She had been stabbing food, sending death glares over to Joy until Joy re-wash the clothe until the stain is no longer visible. Angry Baechu is all hells break loose. She would stay quiet but not as quiet as Wendy. She will mumble whatever she wants to say yet not that loud. Only those sensitive enough could be able to catch the cause of her outburst.

"YK." The cold emotionless tone of Irene gives shivers down their spine. The maknaes silently watches as they eat.

"Y--yes?"

"Who is that blonde?"

"The who blonde?" YK and Wendy turned their heads to look at what Irene meant by 'the blonde'.

"Oh. That's Krystal. Birthame Jung Soojung. She is our schoolmate only richer.... uhm..." YK tapped her chin thinking, literally processing her brain searching for a folder named 'Krystal' to remember more information.

"And from what I gotten in our database, she left the country three years ago and came back just last year. Half year before Seulgi came in." Joy added and eats the apple that Yeri feeds to her and gives a thankful smile making her eyes forms in crescent. Yeri was happy as well seeing Joy's smile lightens up her day, she returns Joy's big smile with her own.

"Krystal Jung, huh?" Irene continuously shoots death glare to their direction making everyone at the table gulped in nervousness.

YK and Wendy looked at each other.

Wendy was the first to leans closer to YK and whisper in her ear. "Wow. Quite serious this time."

Then YK replied, leaning closely to whisper, taking in the scent of Wendy's floral shampoo "Yeah. How long will this last. the last time with Joy's it was about 2 weeks." YK then plants a quick and light peck on Wendy's cheek and giggled in victory though earning herself a light fist punch from her girlfriend.

"However this time it's different, pabo. Her girlfriend is involve. More like a sudden feeling of rivalry."

The team sighs. Suddenly Irene put down her fork and left the others in confusion.

 

 

 

 

 

Wendy, Joy, Yeri and YK walks over to Krystal and Seulgi.

"Excuse me, may I have a little chat with my friend here for a minute?" YK asks Krystal earning a cool nod and a "Sure."

Immediately, Joy and Yeri scoops Seulgi from her seat and takes her to a corner.

"What is it that you want to talk about?"

"First off, pay attention to Baechu." YK started.

"Second of all, care to explain why did you just walk by us?" Wendy chimes in

"You guys had been there?" Seulgi asked in shocked expression.

"What the-- yes we were there the moment you stepped in and Baechu unnie is very displeased." Joy added.

"And what is your relationship with that blondie anyway. Looks more than friendly to me." YK eyes her in suspicion.

"She's just-- s--someone I know... F--From childhood..."

"If that's the case then why are you stuttering?" Wendy preached.

"Is there something else besides 'childhood bestfriend' kind of thing?"

"A--aniya.. N-nothing like that."

"Oh puhlease you think we'd believe that? You do know that with Joy's technology we could dig up the past stories of someone, do you? Look. We're not trying to breach your privacy but it is because of Baechu's reaction. We should know before Baechu does so that we can prevent a time bomb from exploding. And if you don't assist us, how are we going to prepare ourselves for whatever may happen?" YK put her cap on Seulgi's head and patted her head.

Seulgi sighs, a sign of giving in as  Yk interprets.

"We WERE a couple." Seulgi started.

"Man, you do have a thing for blondes." YK commented.

"But she left one day without a trace, few months later she sent me a letter that she decided to break up. And we never contacts ever since even though I saw her at school sometimes but she was always with her circle of friends and I'm with you guys as well as Hyun."

Silence fell in between interpreting what Seulgi had just said. It's true that although Seulgi had been with them for quite a while, they haven't get into stuffs as personal as exes.

"When you see her again. and when you talked and had breakfast with her, how do you feel?"

" I don't know.. I had mixed feelings. One part of me hates her, another was happy to see her healthy and happy. And people accepted her for her white blonde and deep blue eyes. She was an albino kid and our family thought that she won't live till high school. But she proved us wrong. She is in high school and about to go to Seoul University to study designing."

"Wow.  Impressive achievement she have there."

 

 

 

On the other side...

Irene walks at the lobby towards the elevator. The elevator sends a dings sound and opens the door. Irene stepped in with fuzzy thoughts.When she was about to close the door, a hand stopped the door.

"It's the blondie from earlier with Seugi. Great. Now I have to share oxygen with her?" (Irene thought to herself)

Krystal was silent all the while in the elevator but after while, she was also the first to break the silence.

"Hi, I'm Krystal." Krystal turned to face Irene,introduced herself and extended her hand for a handshake,  Irene only looked at her in confusion between her hand and the owner before she shook her hand with hers, "I'm Irene."

"Irene? Nice name." Krystal chimed.

Irene felt like she might think too much as the Krystal now doesn't gives off the "I-am-gonna-kill-you" vibe at all. She thought she could finally relaxed and breath calmly. But her mind changed when the she heard Krystal's words.

"I'm going to get Seulgi back. Watch me."

The elevator dings and Krystal left Irene dumbfounded. Her room is 3 floors after Krystal's.

 

 

 

The detectives were talking outside of their room without Seulgi, she had to hold a meeting in the boardroom on her father's behalf.

Irene absent-mindedly exits the elevator and Yeri was the first to attend to her.

"Unnie! Are you okay? Why do you look so pale as if you had chicken."

Everyone ran over to her as well after hearing Yeri's worrisome tone.

"Impossible. We made sure her food has no chicken." Yk said.

"WOAH--"

They all panicked when Irene's knees suddenly weakened.

"Oi... " -YK

"What happened??" -Joy

Baechu  yah!" -Wendy

Beads of cold sweats decorating her forehead but Joy, Wendy and YK manage to catch her. Irene's breathing was irregular as well.

"What should I do. Someone is going to take Seulgi away. But.. please.. don't.. tell.. Seulgi..about.. this...." She said weakly.

They brought Irene back to the room she shared with Seulgi and put her on the bed.

 

"Looks like someone declared war with Irene." -YK

"Do we really keep this a secret from Seulgi unni?" -Yeri

"Well, it is Baechu's request...So we are going to keep it, right? " -Joy

"Just for awhile maybe... Until when we need to break it out to her, we will. Right, YK" -Wendy asked, Yk nodded. "Yeah."

"But..... What kind of drama is this? She left Seulgi, and now she comes back, declares war with Seulgi's current girlfriend? Although I am confident that whatever the battle is, Baechu will win since she had won Seulgi's heart but that sly fox...Shish!" -YK nagged.

"What will you do if she or she comes back?" Wendy suddenly asked bringing silence upon them again as YK looked at Wendy.

"Who she and who she?" YK a brow.

"Your two ex. Let see what was their name. Oh yes. Jiyeon and Jieun." -Wendy

"Say what now? Wen-- I mean SeungWannie, that is impossible. They won't come back."

"What if they do? answer me."

YK sighs, "Stop being ridiculous. Even if they come back so what. I have you, right? Jiyeon and Jieun are my past. I'm over them. We broke up on good terms. You knew that too. And those two are out of states. Migrated to elsewhere heaven knows. So what kind of a question is that?"

"You.. never contacted them anymore?" -Wendy asked just to make sure.

YK shook her head. "Hey wait, this is about Seulgi and Irene, why am I the one being investigated here like a criminal? And no. I did not contact them. And if I did, you'll know. Which of my password that you doesn't know. You have all my passwords to everything thanks to my forgetfulness that I have to borrow your brain capacity to remember my passwords." YK paused for a second as she thought to add something spontaneously, Wendy smiled as she gets her confirmation.

"Oh wait, I have a password that you don't know that I could remember." Wendy's smile turned to an opposite direction into a frown as she thought YK kept a secret from her.

"It's the password to your heart. Only I have that password. Only I have access to it." YK chuckles and winked at the now ripe-tomato-like Wendy.

 

 

===============================================

A/N: Diagnosed with tendonitis on my left knee. Had an injection this morning but not a big deal to be admitted to the hospital. I have some meds with me too so it should heal when the meds are finished I guess.

Also please ANSWER THIS!!

QOTD: Wendy's ex or YK's ex comes in and interfere their relationship.