Little YK and Little Wendy's story

Mystery of Kang Seulgi?

It has been a month since Wendy stayed in YK's house. And still silent as ever. all she did is nodding and shaking her head as an answer. Nobody knows her name. Yet.

 

Sitting at the dining table is the two kids in the house. 12 year old Wendy and 13 year old Kyu.

"I think we should bring her back to where she belong." YK's mom started. "It has been a month since she came here and now that her wounds are fine now..."

Wendy's facial expression darkens as the small theater in her mind plays that she got beaten up by her drunk stepfather. Everytime when YK's parents talks about this, Wendy would hide behind YK showing protest.

"But mom, she don't want to go home. She liked it here. And I liked her company too." YK held Wendy's hand in assurance that no one will send her away.

"But Kyu, she has parents too. She have to go back to where she belong. Besides, we don't even know her name."

"W--Wendy..." a small soft voice said. The whole room fall silent.

Wendy stepped out from her hiding spot and looked directly to YK's parents. She held YK's hand for courage.

"My name is Wendy. I'm 12. I have a stepfather who gets drunk and only comes back every christmas to beat me up and take my money from me. Kyu saved me this year. And.... " Wendy bows "Thank you, Kyu appa and Omma for letting me stay here. I will help out with the chores and stuffs just plase don't send me away. I will be good."

So then Wendy has been living in the same house as YK since she was 12.

They were like glue and paper sticking to each other. And YK's parents raised Wendy as their own kid ever since. Though soon enough Wendy's academic score sky rocketed in no time after getting proper education and attending class with YK on regular basis so Wendy became YK's private tutor as well.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

On the other side....

An abandoned park.

 

YK laying on the grass alone in the dark, thinking about Seulgi. She still don't get why all the sudden things can epose and turns admirers into antis in a split second.

Clouded in her thoughts, she looked at the stars. Just then her heart almost jumped out her chest when the bushes started rustling. YK sits up and look to that direction.

"it probably just the wind." She hoped but there isnt any strong wind at all to make the rustling happen.

Then a shadow walked out from the bush.  A familiar figure. YK rolled her eyes.

"Ugh.. Do I have to see you in my favourite hang out place, Kang.Seul.Gi? Besides, aren't you suppose to be resting at home or the infirmary?"

Seulgi didn't say anything and just sat on the swing. "You don't own this place. And like wise , I like this empty place too. And no, infirmaries are scarier at night with those skeleton dolls. Plus, I'm fine now. What are you doing here anyway?" This time Seulgi's tone was rather gentle and soft unlike the usua icy tone she used with the Detective Club since the day they met.

"Thanks to someone here that doing ridiculous things that caused me unable to sleep tonight. " YK glared at Seulgi.

"You are really persistent, YK." Seulgi sighed.

"As a detective I should solve every mystery. And you are one of that mystery this time."

"Fine.. what do you wanna know?" Seulgi asked getting YK's attention fully as she jumped to sit at the other swing beside Seulgi.

"You.. are you really willing to answer all my questions?"

Seulgi nodded and said "Anything." and so she did answers every little question YK asked.

And so,  they had a QnA session.

 

 

 

The next morning, it was a saturday, YK did a group call with Skype and calls everyone to meet her at the clubroom.

"Okay. I'm here to announce that Seulgi's case is closed."

"WHAT?!!!" everyone yelled in shock.

"So yesterday I met Seulgi after leaving you guys at the restaurant---" Yk started. Her eyes glowing in excitement as she talks. This tie the others knew they can't interrupt her at all and just listen authentically.

"And since she was in the mood for QnA, I did it. The questions are as follows: "

*Flashback*

YK: i don't get why do you expose yourself after so many years?

Seulgi: I'm leaving soon. I don't want them to get hurt that I'm leaving. I know that feeling and I don't like it.

Yk: So you're making them hate you and abandon you so that you can leave.

Seulgi: *nods*

Yk: and let me guess. That was also why you pushed everyone away when they try to make friends with you?

Seulgi: Yeah. I hate the feeling of making friends and then have to leave them next. Do you know how many friends I've made world wide and hurt them by leaving them all the sudden because of dad? I have had enough of that over  the years.

Yk: It's your way of protecting yourself and others.

Seulgi: .................

Yk: Case closed. *YK stands up from the swing and looked at Seulgi one last time before leaving* And if you hate to transfer school so much, why dont you voice it out to your dad instead of crushing your own school life by keeping quiet? Friends can tell what you're thinking by just eye contact if you two are really close but parents can't.

 

*End flashback*

 

Joy: That's it?

YK nodded. "Yeah. She's gonna transfer again so she made everyone hate her and push everyone away."

"That still doesn't change a thing that she's still a spoiled rich brat." Irene hissed.

"Actually that night when I see her, she gives off a different vibe. She wasnt as cold as when we meet her at her place. She was just... gloomy."

YK walks over to Irene and pats on her shoulder. "Why dont you exclude that hatred of yours and get to know her better. She IS your classmate."

Irene sighed. "Fine. I'll give it a shot."