Heartstrings

Mystery of Kang Seulgi?

Heartstrings

:. The deepest feelings or strongest affections

 

 

 

Images after images, movies after movies -from their first meeting until now. How they went through childhood, how quiet Wendy started to trust and open up to her, how Wendy who used to kept everything to herself learnt to share her feelings to YK when she needed a listener, and when they go to school together, backing each other up when big bullies picks on either of them.... swept passed her mind with every step she takes towards the roof where she knew Wendy is waiting for her.

Two types of short movie plays through her mind though making her steps getting slower. Then she sat at the stairs with her back facing the door to where Wendy is.

Movie 1:

YK kicks the door open and barked her thoughts out.

YK: How could you?!! You knew how important the club is to me and you decided to dissove it?!! Was that why you were avoiding me all this while? Just so that you can plot this  sh** without feeling guilty?!!

 

YK shakes her head furiously.

"Shouting? Cursing? No way. That's gonna wreck our friendship for sure with a complete false accusation. Wendy's heart is too sensitive to bear all of those. Even I'll feel hurt."  YK mumbles to herself.

 

 

Movie 2:

YK entered the roof as per normal.

YK: Without the peck-in-the-park part, let's talk it out.

W: *nods*

Then they sit on the bench.

Wendy tells her part of the story....

YK: That's all i need to hear. *gets up and leave*

 

"Hmm... Second one seems ... awkward but...much better." Yk mumbles again, then she felt cold breeze of wind blowing from her back from the gap of the door that was slightly ajar and knowing Wendy, she knows that Wendy is still there in the middle of the cold.

YK gets up and dust off the dusts from her pants then pushed the door open.

 

 

As expected, she sees Wendy standing next to the bench hugging herself for warmth.

At that moment she forgotten what the movie in her mind was. All she sees is Wendy fighting the cold breeze on the roof. It reminds her of their first encounter with Little Wendy: Cold and hungry during Christmas as she hug herself to keep herself warm.

YK approached her with light feathery steps without taking her eyes off her and take off her jacket which is part of the uniform and wraps around Wendy's shivering figure.

Then hesitantly, YK wraps her arms around Wendy and rests her chin on Wendy's shoulder. (Wendy and YK is almost the same height with just a mild difference)

"Pabo. You should have waited at the stairs in this cold wind."  YK whispered in a gentle tone.

 

 

 

Wendy waited for YK, fighting against the cold breeze. Not that she mind. She almost forgot that Christmas coldness when she was beaten terribly and YK found her.

She was lost in her thoughts while waiting for YK, past memories swam past her mind including the part where all of the sudden they became stranger-like.

She admit, she missed her Yeon so much that it kills her inside. Just then, she felt....

The familiar warmth that Wendy missed the most all these while which she thought she'll never feel it again.

The familiar gentle voice which cared for her since the day she was saved by her, which she thought she'll never heard it again.

The familiar scent triggering her nose which she feared she'll never smell again.

The one hug that contained three of the above makes Wendy feels a gush of emotions, and tears started to pour although she tried to hold them in.

 

 

Hearing the sobs from the latter, Yk tightens her hug.

"Uljima~~ You said that we are here to talk. Why are you crying instead, Wandoo-ya~~?"

Wendy still couldn't stop crying the tears that she held all these while during the conflict she had with YK.

"Eish. If you keep crying, you're gonna be so bloated that I'd start calling you Bloatfish-Wendy~~ OWW!!! heehhee OWW!! Yah!! Stop it!!" Wendy throws playful hits on YK while she runs for her life.

"You're so bad you know that! Eish!" Wendy chases after YK.

YK stops running away and catches Wendy into a hug.

"Alright alright. Are you done yet, Miss President? I'm getting bruised." YK pouted earning a giggle from Wendy and a few more light punches.

"That's more like it. The Wendy I know always has that fresh smile. hehe" YK commented cheekily and cups Wendy's cheeks.

"Stop that waterfall." YK said as she wipes the tears. Wendy hugged YK tghtly.

"I missed you. Let me hug you for awhile."

Wendy placed her ear on YK's chest, listening to the heartbeat of the latter.

They shared the warmth of one another that they missed over the days or weeks which feels like decades for a moment.

 

 

 

 

 

"Now that we're done with the reunion thinggy, let's talk."

YK leads Wendy to the bench and both sat down.

"Yeon, I---"

Before Wendy could finish her sentence, YK held up her palm as a stop sign.

"We.. should have our heart2heart session now." (YK)

"H--Heart2Heart?"

Wendy's heart skipped a beat. If YK asked about the incident in the park, she has no where to run.

A/N: the 'Heart2Heart' session is where by parties involved answers, talks, and ask about anything in particular WITH absolutely NO LIES. It is used to voice out their concern, opinion, anger, dissatisfaction that they have to someone in the group. With "Complete Honesty and Sincerity" as the rule, it's always the core of the Detective's unbreakable friendship.

 

"First, you do not know anything about principal's choice to pull out the Detective Club?"

"i knew about it. The Principal told me to do it but i refused to. I didn't know that she would secretly asked the other members (of the council) to do it."

YK grinned. When anger fills her head, she couldn't think right. She felt betrayed and that Wendy is evil and a gush of more negative feelings. However, now that she had calmed down, she's pretty sure Wendy wouldn't betray her. She mentally scolded herself for being an idiot she is. Now after asking Wendy herself, she's glad that she knows Wendy since they were kids.

 

"So what did you do when you did not show up at the Detectives'?"

"I stayed in class for the whole hour before meeting and just do things like day-dreaming and stuffs."

"Mwoya~ You don't even missed your childhood-best-friend?" YK complains playfully.

"Ofcourse I've missed you. Do you know how much it hurts when we were like strangers?" Wendy blurted outloud.

"Says the one who started it. You were the one who ignored me after that accident which then leads to this big fat misunderstanding."

"Misunderstanding? So you doubted your trust on me?" Wendy gets up and was about to leave in pissed off mode, but YK stopped her by holding on her wrist.

"It was just a second, Okay!! I was pissed off and wasn't in the right mood because I missed you badly! What do you expect? I'm a detective and detectives sees proof. And proof says "Student Council". And you are the president. Who would've thought that the council members could act without the consent of the President? But after knowing that you went against the Principal for me, and helped me behind-the-scene to maintain this club, and every other things you did for me all these while, and during the times when we did not spoke a single word to each other, I came to realize that......" YK paused for a moment and held both of Wendy's hands.

"....... You're more important to me than my own family. Do you know how much you means to me?"

 

*achoo*

Wendy sneezed cutely. (A/N: Just use your imagination for this. XD)

 

 

"Let's go inside before you get sick." -YK

 

 

 

 

============================================

TBC>>

A/N: WenYeon/YeonWen will go on for few more chappies before we go to the sweet dates of both couples. Stay with me okay? :) Teehee. And YAH!! No one is allowed to die. *pouts*

OMG OMG OMG have you guys heard? Seulgi and Wendy will be on some kind of a singing program gameshow. <3 I was just listening to their 'With You' duet last night and wrote that they have a duet (later in the chapter) with that song to their lover/crush. YESS!!! And DCRV said that during the recording, SeulDy sang SHINee's Dream Girl.