With the help of thunder

Mystery of Kang Seulgi?

The night after party for Seulgi and Yeri.

Seulgi and Irene went home. Irene is still giving Seulgi cold shoulders because of one word she said at the pre-xmas party of Gomdori High.

 

*FLASHBACK*

Wendy: So... How do we help them?

YK: .... erm... Heart2Heart talk?

Wendy: But will they simply agree to that?

YK:.... We'll ask them than. I'll handle the bear.

Wendy: Then I'll talk to the cabbage.

YK and Wendy high5 as a cheer before they go to the couple.

 

YK: Yah, you two haven't reconcile?

Seulgi: *shakes her head sadly*

YK: What took you so long?

Seulgi: She does not want to talk to me. I must have hurt her badly.

 

 

Wendy: So.. have you two talked about it?

Irene: *shakes her head sadly*

Wendy: You do know that if it is not resolved, it will grow bigger, right? you should really talk to her. Do a heart2heart session or something.

Irene: .......

Wendy: Yeon and I are the best example. You have seen what happened to us until we decided to talk to each other about how we felt.

 

Wendy and Yeon looked at each other and shakes their heads indicating 'Nope. not working.'

 

YK: Guys, let's do a heart to heart talk!

Yeri: A what talk?

Irene: *sighs* Count me out.

YK: But, Baechu ya~

Irene: Don't want to. (sirheo! = https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=weD3zdjywFA )

*End Flashback*

 

 

 

Irene and Seulgi sleeping in their own room separately. Out of the blues, thunders and lightning roaring tremendously.

Irene was sleeping soundly until the sudden roar of thunder boomed her room window making her jumps in shock. She lays on her back as she looked out of the window. Greeting her is the yellow scary zigzags from the dark sky that hits the ground, lightning and it's accompanied roar; thunder.

Irene couldn't sleep. It's not because she is afraid of thunder and lightning. She could just cover her ears, ply loud music then fall asleep however, it's the person in the other room that has been lingering in her mind.

Irene kicked herself off of bed and tossed her pillow. "Just go check on her and then come back to sleep. You have not forgive her yet. Yeah. Just check on her will do." Irene told herself.

Irene sticks her ear to the wall, trying to get any sounds or movements or clue of what is happening in there, but only to be greeted by another thunder. She had no choice but to go to Seulgi's room to check on her.

Irene knocks the door twice, then peeks in...

"Seulgi-ah?" She calls softly and makes her way to Seulgi's bed but her bed is empty. Only have clues of Seulgi hiding under the cover shivering was there with the half folded pillow.

"Seulgi, where are you?" Irene check the bathroom as she started to get worried for Seulgi. Seulgi once told her that when she was young, she was kidnapped and was left alone in a dark place as the kidnapper locks her up. That day was storming as well. So after that incident, she's very scared of lightning and thunder.

**KRUUUNG**

Another thunder greeted earth.

"Oh no, SEULGI-AH!! Give me hints please! Answer me!" Irene said as she frantically searched every corner possible. Under the table, in the kitchen, the bathrooms but no sign of Seulgi anywhere. Then Irene decided to go back to Seulgi's room, probably there's some hints as calms herself and looks around the room as if inspecting the crime scene. Just then, she noticed the cupboard is not closed properly.

She walks to it closer and closer. The closer she goes, she heard sniffles and sobs.  Irene opened the door of the cupboard.

As expected, she found Seulgi...

Seulgi is hugging her knees close to her chest with both hands covering her ears as she squeeze to the corner of the cupboard every time the thunder strikes.

Seeing this side of Seulgi made Irene's heart sank.

"S-Seulgi-ah~" Irene's voice cracks as she calls her out. Irene covers her hands on Seulgi's which was covering her ears. Seulgi looks up, her face was wet with tears as her nose is as red as Rudolph the reindeer's. (A/N: If it helps you to imagine:- Last episode of 'Off To School' -crying Seulgi)

*sobs*  "Joo-Joohyun?" *sobs* Seulgi's shaky voice from crying too much. God knows how long has she been crying.

Irene nodded with a small assuring smile.

"Come. Everything will be alright." Irene assured and leads Seulgi out of the cupboard.

*KRUUUNG*

Seulgi yelps and hugged Irene tightly. Irene could feel Seulgi shivering in fear in her embrace while she pats her back to soothe her down.

"It's okay. I'm here." Irene whispers and leads Seulgi to her bed. Seulgi lies down and Irene pulls up the blanket then slides the pillow under Seulgi's head.

Then Irene turns around to go out but was stopped when she felt someone holds her wrist. She turns around and sees Seulgi looking up at her.

*Sobs* "P--Please don't leave me.."

"Pabo. I'm just gonna get you a glass of water. Jinjja." Irene said then felt Seulgi's grip on her wrist loosen. She went to get a glass of water for Seulgi.

After calming Seulgi down, Irene puts away the glass of water and climbs on the bed. Seulgi snuggles closely to Irene. Everytime when the thunder hits, Seulgi would whimper and hides her face into Irene's shirt as Irene would pat her head.

"Joo-Joohyun-ah~" Seulgi mumbles, earning a hum from Irene as a reply asking her to go on.

"I'm sorry. Jinjja." *sobs* "I didn't mean what I said." *sobs sobs* "It's just that you were groping his and he was groping yours---" *sobs* "And I didn't mean that you cheated on me with him. It was sarcasm. I wasn't thinking right." *sobs* "Joohyun-ah~~Please forgive me. Please don't hate me~ And please....."

Irene were in the midst of crying as she heard that from Seulgi. It was her habit again yet she did not think of Seulgi when she did that. She let her habit controlled her for a second.

"Please don't leave me.."

Seulgi mumbled as she drifted off to slumber land.

Irene let's her tears falls.

"Pabo. Who ever said anything about leaving you?" Irene said though she knew that Seulgi is sleeping like a baby with the light snoring she heard.Irene pecks Seulgi's crown and intertwines their fingers together. Irene felt Seulgi's tensed up body finally relaxed.

 

 

 

The next morning, X-Mas eve

Seulgi was the first to open her eyes after a good night sleep as the sun shines on her face. Sleepily rubbing her eyes with her left hand, she was about to stretch in bed by raising her arms but her right hand was halted. She looked at it then at the owner of the one holding her hand tightly as their fingers intertwines.

Seulgi looks at Irene's features carefully. The brows, the eys, the eyelashes, the foreign-like nose, the oh-so-kissable lips. Seulgi bits the corner of her lips as she traced her finger of Irene's face in the air. Then carefully, Seulgi leans her face closer and closer and pecked on the tip of Irene's nose. Irene scrunches her nose as it tickles and rubs her nose with her hand, letting go of Seulgi's. Seulgi could only giggled softly at the cute sight of her girlfriend.

 

 

After a good peaceful 15 minutes of staring at Irene, her girlfriend finally shows signs of waking up.

Seulgi touches Irene's hair gently while smiling like an idiot to herself. "What did I do in my past life to have you as my girl, Joohyun-ah?~"

 

Irene POV

In the verge of waking up, I felt a gently movement on my hair. I know that it is definitely Seulgi. The way she touches it, so gently.

Slowly, I opened my eyes. And the first thing I saw was a bear-like smile greeting me with a soft "Good morning" from the latter which made me smiled unknowingly.

That is the power of Seulgi's smile, her smile is brighter than the sun and eventually will makes you smile as well without you realizing it.

"Morning~" I replied back sleepily. Then I noticed the sudden frown of Seulgi.

"What's wrong?" I cup her cheek with my right hand and caress it gently.

"You must be disappointed in me right?"

"Huh?"

"...My... weak side...last night... "

 

 

Seulgi POV

"Good morning~" I said softly while keeping my gaze on her. You gotta admit a goddess is a goddess. Or is it just me? Teehee. I smiled to myself. Heaven knows how wide my smile is right now because it seems like I can't control my own smile at all.

"Morning~" She greeted back which made my grin even wider than before. Just then I remembered how embarrassing I was last night. I acted like a baby, the thought made me frown.

"What's wrong?" I heard her sweet caring, gentle voice asked as she cup my cheek.

"You must be disappointed in me right?" I asked carefully. She might be wondering whether am I referring to the Pre-Xmas party or the thunder.

"Huh?"

"...My... weak side...last night... "

Irene frowned, no, more like glared at me. I gulped nervously.

"Kang Seulgi."

Her tone was stern and serious. Is this a sign of another fight?

"N--Nae?"

"What am I?"

"huh?" I looked at her in confusion.

"What am I to you?" she asked.

"My lover, my girlfriend, my world, my oxygen.. My everything." I blurted out whatever answer crossed my mind.

"So as your lover, don't you think that it's a given that I see sides that no one seen before? As in from your everyday-look to your weakest vulnerable point?"

She questioned which silenced me. She is right and so spot-on.

"That side of you made me realize that I want to be the person you could rely on whenever you want to. I want  to be that person who reached you first and catch you when you almost fall or break. Seulgi-ah, when I agreed to be your girlfriend, I have never thought of leaving at all even during our first fight."

"Joo-Joohyun~~" Her words brings me close to tears. I hugged her tight and snuggled into her. I could feel her hugging me just as tight.

"Joo-Joohyun-ah~"

"hmm? wae?"

I looked up to her. "Saranghae~~" and leans in, closer and closer until my lips reached hers.

"Nado saranghae.... Kang Seulgi." she mumbled in between kisses before replying the kiss passionately.

They shared a deep, passionate kiss of the morning before their KaTalk notification breaks their moment.

 

 

 

 

 

YK suddenly woke Wendy up and brings her to Han River. As they walk hand-in-hand before they settles down at a nice spot. YK lays her jacket on the sand for Wendy.

"You're going to freeze." Wendy said worriedly.

YK smiled to her, "I won't. I have you."

"What do you mean?"

"There is a reason why I chose the thickest towel in the cupboard." Yk said as she took the towel that was wrapping around Wendy. Wendy watches YK as YK wraps herself with towel then extends the remaining to Wendy before wrapping her arms around Wendy.

"There. Now we are both warm. Hehe." YK chuckled cheekily.

YK and Wendy watches as the sun rises which dyes the sky in reddish orange in color.  YK have a big smile on her lips as she watches the sun. Wendy's glance caught the look of YK. YK turned to Wendy and noticed the soft look in Wendy's eyes as she stares back right into them.

Nervously, YK leans in closer and closer.

Wendy closed her eyes and so does Yk when her lips is close then YK pressed her lips on Wendy's gently.

With  the blessing of the morning sunrise and breeze from nature, Wendy and YK kissed lovingly.

They both pull back almost a minute later and looks at each other with a sheepish smile.

"Have I said that I loe you today?"  YK asked. Wendy shook her head.

"Saranghae, Seungwan-ah~"

Both blushes almost at the same time.

"Nado... Saranghae, Yeon-ah~"

And... they kissed again.

 

 

 

Detective Club KATALK:

[YK] Guys, let's go to the beach.

[Baechu] A what?

[Wendy] THE. BEACH.

[Bear] That was random. When?

[YK] After Christmas. But we need to rent a villa though. We'll be there for days or even weeks.

[Bear] No biggy. My family's tropical pension is at Jeju-do. We could go there.

[YK] EXCELLENT!!

[Wendy] Oh, and we're having a Xmas party tonight, everyone is invited.

[Yeri] Yays!! Party!!

[YK] What on earth. When did she get in here?

[Joy] I added her. Haha. This kid is so excited as a detective ut our first activity after she join is Xmas party and a holiday at a pension. Sweet.

[YK] These kiddos never fail to surprise me. =_=|| See you guys at our apartment in few hours. :D

 

=============================================

A/N: Hey guys, going slower with update these days. Hehe. In previous chappie I actually wrote that Baekhyun is a real vampire and cross-over between the comic world and the real world BUT that's gonna be so out of theme as it drags on so I deleted and re-wrote that part.

Thanks for the love and support especially the comments guys. Saranghae~ So as usual, i'll share things I find which is relevant to the chapter, today is a SEULRENE FMV "Seulgi & Irene - Best Friend (SEULRENE) " by srstan89. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TOAgElysDT4

Erm.. Falling in love with your bestfriend there is only two ways to go. It is either you choose to risk it all and take your relationship a step further or you'll hide your feelings from the other and let him/her be owned by someone else. Sure that there is a possibility that the bestfriend-turned-couple might disappoint you with somethings he/she did OR they could even make wonders to your world but it is better than regretting about not trying. Nobody knows the future. It's not like we could time travel to the future and see if our spouse is our bestfriend or something (lol.. I hope we do have a Time Machine though) but each individuals have their roles to play in your life. They could be there for you for few chapters and leave, or they could walk with you till the end, or even just be there for few pages to teach you life lessons. Nobody knows what is what so just live the present and go with the flow. Don't get stuck with the past bcs it will blind you from seeing your present surrounding properly and missed seeing some things you should not.

Okay that was hella long and I bet half of you won't read that. haha. Be back soon with a new chappy.

Beach Date of the couplets will be served. :D

p.S: I don't bite. So talk to me if you'd like nae~ Every individuals in the world are precious. :)