-09-

Can't Be Tamed
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter NINE

                “Alright get your bags up in the luggage compartment of the bus and we’ll be ready to leave!” The teacher announced.

The students from Soojung’s own class and their buddy class threw their bags into the compartment and climbed up the bus. Only the four special students remained outside the bus, and watched the excited students disappear into the vehicle.

                “Are you sure, you don’t want to come?” Soojung asked Yongguk and he shook his head.

“I’ll pass.”

                “Wang Jackson? Go win another gold medal for us.” Soojung said and gave Jackson a hug.

Mark threw his bag into his car and Yongguk called out to him.

                “Mark, take care of this little girl for me.”

Mark just gave him a curt nod and entered his car. Yongguk noticed Soojung in a daze and he pecked her forehead. She jumped a little and Yongguk noticed that there was something wrong with his girl.

He clasped his hands on her back as he looked at her. She lowered her head, not wanting to look at the male but he made her.

                “Look at me. I know something’s wrong with you.”

                “Nothing’s wrong. Really. I’m just not that thrilled that you guys won’t be there with me.”

                “Don’t lie to me. Soo, I know how you’re like when you lie. What’s going on?”

Soojung sighed and shook her head. She just wrapped her arms around his waist and pressed her cheek against Yongguk’s chest.

                “KIDS! Get in the bus!”

 

Soojung pushed herself away from Yongguk and pecked his cheek.

                “I’m fine, really.”

She turned away and walked towards her car. The bus drove off and Soojung followed the bus. Mark was getting ready to move off when Yongguk and Jackson came knocking on his car window. He wound the window down and Jackson looked pretty worried.

                “What’s wrong?” Mark asked and Yongguk looked at him, with concern clouding his eyes.

                “I think there’s something wrong with Soojung. Just… Just keep an eye out for her, okay? Call me if anything happens.”

Mark nodded and drove off, leaving the best friends in the dust.

 

The resort Jaesung was working with was majestic. Everything was so grand and so upper class, even the well-off ones in both the class were envious. Soojung walked forward, with her sunglasses on, after handing her car to the valet and stood at the counter.

                “Hello Miss, how may I help you?” The lady behind the counter asked.

                “I’m Park Soojung, Park Jaesung and Kim Yoonyi’s daughter.” She stated and the lady immediately straightened her back.

                “Ah, Miss Park. I’ve been notified about your presence today. Your suite has been prepared and is at the furthest end of the 3rd floor.” The lady said and handed Soojung her room card.

Soojung nodded at the lady before lowering her shades.

                “I’m pretty sure that only you and your manager know of my arrival, am I right?”

The lady nodded under Soojung’s intense gaze.

                “Well, I don’t plan for anyone else to find out about my arrival. So you should know what to do, huh?” Soojung said and the lady nodded again.

                “That’d be all.”

Soojung pulled her little luggage and headed to her room immediately.

 

The students were asked to gather at the lobby while the teachers went to get their room cards. Mark, on the other hand, headed straight to the counter.

                “I would like a suite for myself. Do you have one open?”

The same lady behind the counter checked and nodded at Mark.

                “There is. It’s the only suite left and it’s the second last room on the 3rd floor.”

Mark nodded and the lady handed him the card. He swiped the card off the counter and headed to his own room. He would be sleeping alone anyway, since the classes have already chosen their respectively roommates.

                “Okay, meet back here at 6pm for dinner.” The teacher announced and let everyone back to their rooms.

 

Soojung entered her room and threw her luggage on the floor before falling flat on the bed. She reached for a pillow and placed it under her head as she draped her arm over her eyes.

                “Happy working for the next 4 days, I guess.”

She sat up and walked to the living room where her luggage was. She unlocked it and pushed the cover open. Soojung pulled out her laptop, her papers and her file. She stared at them for a while before reached for her bikini.

                “I need a break before I can do anything.” She told herself before heading to the washroom to change.

 

                “There’s a pool too?!”

Everyone exclaimed and immediately ran to their rooms to change into their swimming costumes. Soojung was in her bathrobe when she came out of her room. She headed down to the empty pool and slid the robe off her body and threw the fabric on one of her sun-chairs before slipping into the pool.

Mark was exploring his room when he stopped at the balcony. He peered downstairs and saw Soojung alone at the pool. He frowned at her choice of a swimwear but he watched her. Mark could feel the different vibe from Soojung this time.

It was as though she was upset and pressured at the same time. He shook his head and sat down on the sofa. He shouldn’t be thinking about Soojung at all.

 

Soojung sat at the pool’s corner and submerged herself for a good minute before coming back up to the surface. She felt that this was the best way to distress herself and to throw all her worries away.

                “Maybe you shouldn’t be doing that, Soo. I don’t want to rescue you on the first day of work.” A voice rang out and Soojung turned her head.

                “What do you want, Yeol?”

Chanyeol was standing behind Soojung, dressed in a pair of Speedos swimming trunks.

                “Nothing, I just want to spend something time with my childhood friend.” Chanyeol said and slid into the pool next to Soojung.

Soojung rolled her eyes and was about to jump out of the pool when Chanyeol held onto the waist and pulled her back into the water.

                “PARK CHANYEOL! Let go of me.” Soojung hissed but Chanyeol pressed his chest against her back and buried his face at the crook of her neck.

                “You still smell fruity.”

                “Get away from me. My classmates and teachers are here.”

                “Come on, Soo. I just missed you. That’s all.”

Soojung broke free and pushed herself away from Chanyeol.

                “Are you serious with me now? Why are you doing this? Aren’t you married? We broke up 3 years ago, Yeol. Stop holding me like we belong together!”

                “We do belong together, Soo! I divorced my wife because she isn’t the one for me. Soojung-ah, you are my only one. The only one I’ve loved!”

                “Stop with this bull. If you really did love me, you wouldn’t have dumped me for her. If you really did love me, you wouldn’t have hurt me. Yeol, if you really did love me, you wouldn’t have left. So tell me, how was that love?”

                “I’ve realised my mistake. It’s you I’ve always wanted. I know that now, that’s why I’ve come back. I came back for you, babe.”

Soojung laughed bitterly as she climbed out of the pool. She walked towards her bathrobe and pulled it around her body. She hugged herself tightly, and steadied her breath before looking at the man in the pool.

                “Look. I don’t want to talk about this, okay? I’m here to help my father, you’re just here to help me. I don’t want anything to do with you, so let’s keep this work related. Please, I beg you, Yeol. Stop treating me like I’m still that little naïve girl 3 years ago.”

Soojung her back and before she left, she turned around and looked at Chanyeol again.

                “That Park Soojung’s dead.” She spat and walked away.

<
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter