-08-

Can't Be Tamed
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter EIGHT

                “Hey mom, hey dad.”

Soojung gave her parents both a hug and pulled their luggage to the living room.

                “What brings you back so early? Didn’t you say you were going to be in London for half a year?”

                “Aww, baby. We missed you, so we came back.”

Soojung felt a small smile tugging on her lips and she looked at her father.

                “Dad,” she called and suddenly his phone rang.

                “Sorry baby, hold on.” Jaesung, Soojung’s father, held his hand out and walked away to answer the call.

Soojung tried to hide her disappointment and turned to her mother.

                “Mom, how was the flight?” She asked but the older woman was talking to her secretary.

                “Hold on, baby,” the other woman said and turned to her secretary. “I need the proposal for the resort to be on my desk tomorrow. And the board meeting, I need the papers by tonight. Email me.”

Soojung sighed and watched as her parents headed upstairs to their individual ‘offices’ in the house. She trudged to the sofa and plopped down on the cushions.

                “It’s good to have you back. I missed you.” Soojung whispered.

 

Ding Dong

The doorbell to Soojung’s place rang and she got up to open the door. The three guys stood outside her house and Soojung just gave them a forced smile.

                “Hey babe. Ready to hit the mall?” Jackson asked and Soojung nodded.

                “I’ll go get my bag. Do you guys want to come in?”

The guys nodded and entered the house, with Jackson pulling Mark behind him. Yongguk was about to take off his shoes when he saw a pair of red Louboutin heels and Salvatore Ferragamo tucked nicely at the top shelf of the shoe rack.

He nudged Jackson and pointed at the shoes with his eyes. He glanced at the shoes before walking towards the living room and sitting down.

 

                “Soo. Soo!” A matured feminine voice shook the house and the three boys turned to face the top of the stairs

                “Auntie.”

                “Omonim.”

Mark’s eyes widened when he saw who was coming down the stairs.

                “Kim Yoonyi? The director for the Kim’s Incorp?” Mark whispered and Yoonyi turned her head towards the voices.

There was a very visible change in her facial expressions when she saw three boys in her living room. She went up to them and held her head high.

                “Oh hi. Are you Soojung’s friends?” She asked.

Yongguk and Jackson nodded and all three bowed at the older woman politely. Yoonyi just nodded at them and turned away.

                “Omonim, I’m Bang Yongguk.”

Yoonyi looked at Yongguk and scanned his entire being.

                “Hmm, Yongguk.” She hummed. “Park Soojung! Come down here!” She yelled up the stairs.

                “Coming!”

Suddenly, another man came down the stairs and Mark noticed that Yongguk had stiffened.

                “Uncle.” Yongguk and Jackson called.

Jaesung just turned away from the boys and walked to his wife.

                “Park Jaesung.”

 

                “Mom, dad. I’m leaving to the mall. Give me the black card.” Soojung came down the stairs dressed casually and Yoonyi gave her a look of distaste.

                “Are you going to wear that? My dear daughter, wear something presentable.”

Soojung rolled her eyes and walked over to her father with her hand out. Jaesung took his wallet out and pulled out the credit card.

                “Bye.”

                “Park Soojung, don’t give me that attitude.” Yoonyi said and Soojung turned around.

Yongguk knew what she was going to do and held onto Soojung’s wrist, but she pulled away.

                “Are you going to lecture me now? You just came back after being overseas for what, 3 months and you think you can talk to me like that?”

                “Soo, stop.”

                “I didn’t raise you to be so disrespectful to your own parents.”

                “Did you even raise me? For all I remember, it was the nanny that did so.” Soojung countered.

                “That’s enough. Park Soojung, don’t talk to your mother like this.” Jaesung came walking out and Soojung folded her arms.

                “Whatever. I’m heading out.”

Soojung then grabbed her purse and walked towards the door.

                “Do me a favour and bring your luggage to your studies. I don’t want to trip over those expensive bags.” Soojung called and wore her shoes before opening the front door.

Yongguk, Jackson and Mark followed after her and shut the door behind them.

 

                “Park Jaesung and Kim Yoonyi are your parents?” Mark asked and Soojung nodded nonchalantly.

                “The Great CEO Park and the Ruthless Director Kim.” Soojung said and chuckled humourlessly. “Sounds great huh? Having parents like them?”

Yongguk eyed the girl and nudged her.

                “Why did you guys get so stiff when you saw her father?” Mark asked.

                “There’s some issues between us. Her father doesn’t exactly like us.” Jackson explained.

                “Especially me. He thought I was the one who influenced Soojung.” Yongguk sighed and Soojung swung her arm over her shoulder.

                “Come on. Bang Yongguk, since when you got so affected by that old man’s words?” Soojung teased and he forced a smile at her.

                “Since the day he decided to tell me that he would pay me to stay away from you.” Yongguk said and looked down.

Soojung was taken aback.

                “He did what?”

Jackson bit his lip and Yongguk’s eyes widened. The both of them did not tell Soojung anything about the money.

                “Bang Yongguk. He did what? How much did he offer to you?” Soojung felt her insides churn in disgust.

Soojung turned to look at Jackson and saw that he shied away from her gaze.

                “Wang Jackson! You too?!” She exclaimed. “You guys

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter