-21-

Can't Be Tamed
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter TWENTY-ONE

Mark quickly ushered Soojung to the nearest toilet and locked the door behind them. He shrugged off his jacket and handed it to her.

“Take off your blouse and put this on. You’re gonna catch a cold.”

Soojung just stood rooted facing him, her eyes distanced. He stopped fussing over her and saw that she was shaking. Tears started to line her eyes and he panicked.

“Soo, what’s wrong? Don’t cry… Please…”

Her lips parted and a soft sob escaped her lips. She squatted down and buried her face in her palms. Mark followed suit and placed his hands on her shoulders.

“Wear my jacket and give me your blouse. I don’t want you to get a cold.”

“Leave me alone.” Her voice came as a hoarse whisper.

“What? Why? I can’t leave you like this.”

Soojung swung his hands away from her and shoved him. He landed on his and looked up at her in shock.

“Why don’t you leave me alone like everyone else?! Why don’t you let me be?! Why do you have to care for me?! WHY DON’T YOU JUST LEAVE ME ALONE?!” Soojung shouted, crying even louder.

She was breaking down and Mark didn’t like it. His heart lurched in pain and it fell to his stomach – no, his feet – and he took a step towards her.

But she took one back.

“Stop, don’t come towards me.” She held her palm out.

“Soojung-ah…”

“Why don’t you get out of here and let me be? I just want to be alone.”

“I’m not going to leave you alone like this.”

She leaned against the wall and slid down, sitting on the floor. He stepped towards her and sat down before her.

“Why don’t you tell me what’s wrong. Talk to me. I’ll be here to listen to you.” He said gently and pulled her hands away from her face.

He held her face and caressed her cheek with his left hand, his right hand resting on the back of her neck and pulled her towards himself. She turned her face, hiding into the crook of his neck. He hugged her, his hands rubbing up and down her back in an attempt to comfort her.

***

“YAH BANG YONGGUK! PARK CHANYEOL!” Soojung screamed from her bedroom upstairs.

The said males were downstairs in the living room, hiding behind the sofa, giggling like high school girls. They looked at each other and broke it laughter again, fist bumping each other.

Heavy footsteps thudded down the stairs and the boys quickly ran out from their hiding. They were about to run somewhere else when Soojung stormed up to them and grabbed them by their ears. They glanced at her and burst out into laughter, slightly wincing at the pain.

Soojung was standing behind them, fuming mad. She was covered in green glob from head to toe. The guys laughed hysterically and doubled over. She stomped her foot and pushed the two guys away.

“WHAT THE HELL GUYS?!”

“HAPPY BIRTHDAY BABY!” Both Chanyeol and Yongguk called out, clapping their hands.

She couldn’t stay angry at them, she gave up and started smiling in amusement.

“Since it’s my birthday, you guys are going to listen to me.” She commanded.

Yongguk and Chanyeol had their arms slung around each other’s shoulders as they slowly backed up.

“What are you thinking of, baby?” Chanyeol asked.

“Stop whatever you are thinking of…” Yongguk shook his head.

“GROUP HUG!” She shouted and ran towards them with her arms spread.

They screamed like little girls and scattered, running around the living room, trying their best to escape from the grasp of Soojung.

***

“Oppa, I need to talk to you.” Soojung held Yongguk’s wrist and pulled him into her room. Chanyeol was still sleeping in his room.

“What is it?” He asked, half asleep.

“I think I…” She started and trailed off, turning her head the other way as she sat on her bed, playing with her fingers.

“Hmm?”

“I think I like Chanyeol.” She whispered.

Yongguk felt his eyes widen and he rubbed his eyes. He cupped his ear and leaned closer to the girl.

“What?”

“I think,” Soojung took a deep breath. “I like Chanyeol.” She looked up. “Like, like like him.”

“HA, I KNEW IT!” Yongguk exclaimed.

She immediately shot up and covered his mouth. Her eyes darted around as she listened for signs that Chanyeol was awake.

When there was none, she sighed in relief and felt Yongguk giggling into her palm.

“What the hell? Do you have to be that loud?” She hissed.

“I can’t help it! My baby has grown up~” He cooed and cupped her face.

“Shut up,” she pinked.

“So,” he sat them down. “Are you going to tell him?”

She furiously shook her head, waving her hands in front of his face.

“No, no, no, no! He cannot know!”

“Why not? He’s your first crush, I don’t want you hurt!”

“But if he rejects me, then I’ll be hurt.”

Yongguk slung his arm over her shoulders and pulled her to his chest.

“Baby, you can be selfish and go after your love, there is no wrong in loving someone.”

“I-”

“BABY! YONGGUK HYUNG! GOOD MORNING!” Chanyeol’s chirpy voice resonated off the walls of the house.

“Shh! He’s awake.” She scrambled off the bed and stumbled on her feet.

Yongguk caught her waist and she fell on him, then he was knocked flat down on the bed. They were both groaning and the door to her room swung open. Chanyeol stood at the door and when he saw Yongguk and Soojung on the bed, his smile fell.

But he quickly forced another one on his face.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter