-12-

Can't Be Tamed
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter TWELVE

Soojung could barely finish the porridge when she yawned. She dropped her spoon and shuffled her feet back to the bed.

With a groan, she reached for her purse. Soojung fished around for her pill case and popped a Panadol pill onto her palm. After swallowing it, she plopped right back into bed like every other sick girl would and fell right into another nap.

 

Mark finished his dinner and still couldn’t find Soojung anywhere. His heart began racing in concern and he left the restaurant.

                “Soojung? Soojung. Open up.” Mark stood outside her door and knocked on it.

When there was no answer, he felt even more worried for the girl in the room.

Did something happen to her?

Before Mark could knock down the door to her room, he heard feet shuffling.

The door lock shackled and the door creaked open.

                “What?” Soojung grumbled sleepily and ruffled her hair.

She wasn’t looking that chic in that oversized long sleeved pullover and those cherry printed pyjama pants but it made Mark smile.

It showed that Soojung was fine. That she was well.

                “You didn’t come down for lunch.” Mark stated.

                “I was having a terrible headache, I called room service.” Soojung mumbled with her eyes closed.

She side stepped and pointed to the living room.

                “Come in,” she murmured and walked back to her room.

Mark chuckled and shut the door behind himself. He looked at the bar counter and saw that barely eaten porridge and the stalk of rose.

He then followed Soojung back into her room and sat on the bed, beside her.

                “Are you feeling better now?” Mark asked and Soojung draped her arm over her eyes.

                “I guess. I ate Panadol.”

Mark reached out and held onto her wrist, before holding onto her shoulders and making her sit up. Soojung groaned in annoyance and relax her body, letting Mark straighten her up.

                “What do you want, Tuan? Can’t a girl get some rest?” She whined with her eyes closed.

Mark shook his head and ruffled the girl’s hair.

                “Do you want the barbeque? Or something to eat, other than the porridge? There is alcohol provided.” Mark said and Soojung’s eyes opened sleepily.

                “Say what?” Soojung said and rubbed her eyes. “Alcohol?”

Mark nodded.

                “Yeah.”

                “Count me in. Give me 10 minutes.” Soojung said and got off the bed.

She stumbled out of bed and swayed as she walked to the toilet. She gave Mark a sleepy grin before shutting the door.

Mark shook his head and laid down on his back.

 

Soojung came out of the shower and realised she left her bathrobe outside. She slid the door open and popped her head out.

Mark sat up and looked at Soojung.

                “What are you doing, Miss Park Soojung?” He asked.

                “I forgot my robe. Hand it to me.” Soojung said and held her hand out.

He shook his head and pushed himself off the bed. He grabbed the robe off the chair’s back and handed it to Soojung.

She swiftly shut the door and Mark went to the living room.

He sat on the sofa and saw the three roses on the coffee table.

Mark frowned momentarily, and his eyebrows knitted together.

Who’s this fellow who keeps sending Soojung roses?

Then he shook his head.

Why am I so concerned?

He got up and headed to the main door when Soojung came out of her room.

                “Aren’t you gonna wait for me?” She asked. “I’m ready, let’s go.”

Mark just nodded and held the door open for Soojung.

 

Downstairs, the class was talking to each other. Everyone was starting to bond with each other after the beach games that day.

The girls were sitting down, in their casual wear as a few of the guys cooked for everyone. The guys were in either in muscle tanks or just shirtless as they stood in front of the bbq pit.

Soojung was wearing a one piece sleeveless dress that ended high up her thighs, while Mark was wearing a muscle tank. They arrived together and settled down at the middle table.

The people around them were playing a drinking game and Junhong urged Soojung to join in. Mark nudged Soojung’s foot and shook his head at her.

Surprisingly, Soojung actually obeyed what he said.

Mark went to grab some food and drinks before returning to Soojung. She immediately reached for the alcohol and downed half the bottle.

Mark’s eyes widened in amusement when he realised that the girl can hold her liquor.

Soojung poked a piece of hotdog on the plate and popped it into as she looked around at her classmates.

She was about to go get some chicken wings when a classmate came over to Soojung.

                “Soojung?” The student, Jin, called out.

Soojung stood up properly and looked at the male, placing the beer bottle on the table.

                “What is it?” Soojung asked and Mark looked at the male warily.

                “Someone wanted me to pass you this.” Jin said and handed Soojung yet another rose.

At this point, Soojung was more pissed than she was happy.

She didn’t like what was happening. It was somehow freaking her out instead of impressing her.

                “Who is this guy?” Soojung asked.

                “I don’t know. He looks familiar though…” Jin said. “Oh, he said to meet him at the beach.”

Without another word, Soojung left the table and went towards the beach.

                “Hey!” Mark called out but Soojung was long gone.

                “Oh, I remember who he is now!” Jin exclaimed and Mark grabbed his arm.

                “Who is he?”

                “That really tall guy that was with Soojung at the beach games earlier? The one who yelled at Taehyung for throwing the ball at her?” Jin said.

Mark immediately bolted away from the table, and rushed towards the direction Soojung had gone.

 

Soojung stepped onto the beach and saw a really tall male standing near the waters. She hesitated on going over because she found the back silhouette of the male terribly familiar.

Her breathing hitched when he turned around.

She took a deep breath and walked over to him.

 

Mark reached the beach and saw Soojung walking away. He wanted to reach out to her and tell her not to go because he knew that the male was Chanyeol.

He can’t stand seeing Soojung’s tears anymore.

 

                “Park Chanyeol!” Soojung yelled and shoved the thornless rose to his chest. “What’s with the roses?” She asked.

Chanyeol looked at Soojung and smiled.

                “Hey Soo.” He greeted.

                “Answer me, what’s with the flowers? Didn’t I tell you to stay away from me?” Soojung’s voice dropped.

                “You used to like them, didn’t you? You liked it when I surprised you like that.” Chanyeol said.

Soojung froze when she finally realised why she didn’t like the feeling of this.

Why this entire flower thing was so familiar to her.

It was Chanyeol’s way of showing love for her.

                “I used to. Before everything changed.” Soojung said.

 

Mark watched the ex-couple from behind the tall trees and he could hear them rather clearly in the empty beach. He frowned at Soojung’s tone.

 

                “Wh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter