-16-

Can't Be Tamed
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter SIXTEEN

                “Chanyeol hyung.” Jackson’s voice was filled with doubt.

He took a step back and saw Chanyeol smile at Soojung. He eyed his friend and his jaw dropped when he saw Soojung step forward and smile back.

                “Thanks for coming over.” She whispered as Chanyeol took off his shoes.

Jackson balked.

                “You called him over?” Jackson pulled Soojung aside and she nodded.

He ran back into the living room. Chanyeol reached out and held Soojung’s wrist.

                “Are you sure it is okay for me to be here? Yongguk is here right?”

Soojung just nodded.

                “Who’s at the door…?”

Yongguk asked as he stepped out of the kitchen and his voice died down when he saw Chanyeol standing there with Soojung. His eyes narrowed when he noticed that Chanyeol was holding onto her.

He rushed forward and yanked her behind him.

                “What are you doing here?” Yongguk growled.

Chanyeol looked away.

                “I asked, what are you doing here?”

Soojung tucked on his shirt and he looked at her.

                “I invited him over, Yong. I’ve decided to start being friends with him again.”

He looked at her in disbelief before his gaze shifted to Chanyeol.

                “Fine.”

He then stomped back into the kitchen.

 

Mark was watching television when he felt Jackson sit back down beside him. He was quiet and totally opposite of how he was like earlier.

                “Who was at the door?” Mark asked casually, but Jackson didn’t answer.

The older male turned to his cousin and his words died in his mouth when he saw Soojung bringing Chanyeol over.

                “Oh.”

Soojung made Chanyeol sit down. He looked at Jackson and Mark before his lips tugged up in a scowl.

                “Oh, he’s here too?” Chanyeol stated.

Mark tsked and rolled his eyes.

                “I could say the same for you,” he said.

Soojung shot the two males a look and they closed their mouths.

“Supper’s ready!” Yongguk called.

 

Chanyeol sat between Soojung and Jackson as Mark and Yongguk sat together opposite of the male.

                “I didn’t know you were coming,” Yongguk said, his voice low and he glared at Soojung. “I didn’t make enough.”

Soojung cowered under his glare and Chanyeol patted her thigh.

                “Hyung.” He called.

Yongguk held his hand up and looked directly into Chanyeol’s eyes.

                “Don’t call me that. We ain’t that close.” He grunted and got up. “I’ll go get drinks.”

Jackson shot up from his seat and ran after Yongguk, leaving Mark sitting with the ex-couple.

                “I’ll help!”

Chanyeol glared at Mark while the other male just focused on pushing his food around with his fork. He looked up and gave Chanyeol a blank look as he continued glaring at him.

                “Chanyeol, stop it.”

He looked away and Mark went back to playing with his food.

Yongguk came back with cans of beer in his hands and Jackson handed Chanyeol a can. The other male handed Mark one and he gave him a look before sitting down.

The rest of supper was quiet and uncomfortable. Soojung could almost put the tension at the table on her plate, and cut it into bite sized pieces.

After she finished her food, she got up and went to the living room. Yongguk sent an icy look at Chanyeol when he looked at him and got up, following Soojung.

 

                “Why did you ask him to come?” Yongguk asked.

He sat down beside Soojung and she looked at him.

                “Oppa…”

                “Why did you ask him to come after what he did to you before?”

Yongguk sighed and she rested her head on his shoulder. He folded his arms and she placed her hand on his thigh.

                “He wanted another chance, so I gave it to him. He wanted to be my friend again… So, why not? Let bygones be bygones right?”

Yongguk sighed.

                “Baby girl, I just don’t want to see you cry again. I can’t afford to see you hurt again.” He said and caressed her cheek with his thumb.

                “I know. I promise you I won’t. Now, be good and try to talk to Chanyeol okay?” She patted his thigh and got up.

 

                “Alright guys! Movie night, what do you want to watch?” Soojung asked.

                “Anything you want, Princess.” Yongguk and Chanyeol said together.

Mark and Jackson whipped their heads to the both of them.

Soojung grunted.

                “Stop with this.” She said. “I won’t hesitate to leave the house if this continues.”

The boys gaped at her and she gave them a smug look.

                “That’s right. Either quit these looks exchange or I leave.”

Mark smirked as he returned his attention to his mobile phone.

Soojung played Jurassic World and made herself comfortable on the sofa, between Mark and Yongguk. Jackson sat on the floor with Chanyeol, in front of her legs.

She could feel Yongguk and Mark tense beside her. Chanyeol and Jackson was hugging each of her legs. A soft smile crept up her lips and she closed her eyes.

 

The movie ended and Yongguk stretched. He felt someone tap his arm and he turned to look at Mark. He pointed at Soojung, who had fallen asleep on his shoulder.

She was

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter