-19-

Can't Be Tamed
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter NINETEEN

Yongguk applied for Soojung’s discharge and the whole gang went back to Soojung’s place. They all changed into comfortable wear and gathered in the living room. Yongguk was in his room, doing the proposal his parents wanted him to finish.

Jackson and Mark were preparing little snacks and dessert for the three of them while having a movie marathon.

 

The playlist of movies were on play when Jackson suddenly gave Soojung two pills.

“The doctor said to take these.” He pushed her a glass of water after that.

“Can I don’t take them?” She whined.

“Nope. Take them.”

“I won’t.” She stubbornly crossed her arms and turned her back on Jackson.

Mark came towards them, and Soojung pulled his hand, bringing him down onto the sofa in front of her, blocking her from Jackson’s view.

“What are you doing?” Mark asked.

“Jackson.” She pointed at the man with the medicine and hid behind his shoulder.

“What’s going on?” Mark turned to ask Jackson.

“The doctor asked me to give her these two every night, but she doesn’t want to take them.”

Mark looked over his shoulder and shook his head at Soojung.

“Are you five? Do you need help in eating medicine?” He teased.

She growled and scooted away from Mark.

“She has these problem with eating medication.” Jackson explained, Mark nodded in understanding.

The younger male was running out of patience at the stubborn girl.

“Don’t make me call Yongguk hyung down.” He threatened.

The girl gasped.

“You wouldn’t dare.”

“Try me.” Jackson smugly said.

When Soojung made no effort to take the pills from him, he grunted and turned towards the staircase.

“YONGGUK HYUNG! SOOJUNG DOESN’T WANT TO EAT HER MEDICINE!”

Soojung shook her fist at him and before anyone could react, footsteps could be heard coming down. Jackson chuckled and blew Soojung a raspberry.

“You’re in for a bad time, Soo.”

Yongguk appeared before them and placed his hands on his hips.

“Park Soojung. What did I say about medicines?”

Soojung sunk behind Mark again and he just laughed.

“Tuan! You should be helping me here! Why are you laughing?”

Mark shrugged and faced her.

“I’m with them on this one. Eat your pills, then you can get better.”

“Fine, whatever. Hand those pills over.”

She scowled and popped the two little bitter pieces of hell into .

“That’s my girl.” Yongguk praised and headed back upstairs.

Jackson carried a proud smile on his face and Mark patted her thigh.

“Aigoo, well done.” Jackson cooed.

“Shut up.” Soojung said after scrunching her face up.

 

Mark and Soojung started movies again and Jackson stayed upstairs with Yongguk, claiming that they needed to work together for the proposal.

Soojung yawned and shifted her body to make herself more comfortable. She leaned her head against his shoulder and closed her eyes, the pills making her drowsy.

He could feel the weight of her head on his shoulder but he left it alone. Only when the second movie ended, when he realised that the girl next to him hadn’t moved once. He peeped at her and let out a breath when he saw that she was sleeping.

“Why do you always fall asleep when we watch movies?” He whispered affectionately.

He watched as she took even breaths, her serene facial expression melted him. A soft smile tugged on his lips and he traced her eyebrow to her nose bridge. Gently tapping on her cheek, he chuckled when she swatted his hand away, thinking that it was a mosquito.

He curled her hair behind her ear and turned his face slightly, his lips grazing her forehead by accident. He jerked his head back slightly.

Time seemed to freeze at that particular moment.

Mark let his eyes trail all over her features, smiling softly.

“Looking at you like this,” Mark whispered. “You really do look like a goddess. You’re beautiful.”

He gently pushed her head off his shoulder and she curled her body the other way. He got up and scooped her into his arms, doing his usual deed of carrying her to her bedroom.

 

Mark pushed opened the door and gently set her down on the bed. He tucked her in and brushed away the hair on her face. He lowered the curtain, not wanting the morning rays the next day to wake her.

He was about to leave the room when he heard her mumbling in her sleep. He paused in his steps and inched closer towards her.

“Pabo… Mark…” She murmured.

“Scolding me in your sleep?” He shook his head in amusement. He poked the area between her eyebrows and her frown disappeared.

He stifled a laugh and backtracked to the door, leaving the room.

 

Knock knock

“Come in.” Yongguk called.

The door creaked open and Mark stepped into the room. Jackson held his wrist and pulled his cousin down onto the bed, sitting down next to him.

“Is Soojung already asleep?” Jackson asked.

Mark nodded and Yongguk dropped whatever he was doing and swirled his chair around to face the two males.

“You.” Yongguk pointed at Mark.

Jackson immediately blocked Mark with his arm defensively and looked at Yongguk.

“Hyung. They just had a small argument. Nothing major. Really.”

“I’m not talking about that, move away Wang.” Yongguk said and placed his palm on Jackson’s face, pushing the latter away.

“What is it?” Mark looked at him.

“Do you like Soojung?” Yongguk asked bluntly.

Mark’s jaw went slack before he recollected himself.

“I… I don’t dislike her.” He answered truthfully.

Yongguk sighed and shook his head, Jackson started chuckling.

“He means if you like like Soojung.” Jackson explained.

Mark shrugged.

“I don’t hate her, that’s all I know.” He said and stood up. “I have to go.”

Jackson got up, volunteering himself to walk Mark out of the house.

 

“Are you sure you don’t like Soo?” Jackson asked when they were alone.

“How could I? Hyorin… I can’t bring myself

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter