-10-

Can't Be Tamed
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter TEN

Mark explained everything to the teacher and settled back onto his seat, and began to start on his already cold food.

                “Do you need me to ask the chef to prepare another portion for you?” A waitress came asking.

                “That’d be great. And could you prepare chicken porridge for me?” Mark replied with a sweet smile, making the waitress gush over him.

The waitress then walked off and Mark leaned back on his chair, and typed away on his phone. He could feel someone staring at him and he looked up.

He saw from another table, Chanyeol with a cup of coffee and a laptop in front of him. He took a sip and their gazes connected.

Chanyeol smiled and nodded, before raising his cup of coffee at Mark.

 

Mark finished his food before bringing the porridge up to Soojung. When he reached the room, he saw a stalk of rose lying at the doorstep. He walked forward and picked the rose. He then placed the rose on the dinner platter before scanning the room card on Soojung’s door.

He pushed the door open and saw Soojung walking around in an oversized shirt and in her underwear.

                “Heck, go put on some pants.”

Mark then went to her luggage and pulled out a pair of shorts. Soojung just shrugged and walked to the platter Mark had brought. She saw the rose and twirled the stalk against her point finger and thumb.

                “A rose, Tuan? Are you in love with me already?”

                “In love? Please.”

                “Then the stalk of rose?”

                “I saw it outside your door. Looks like you have an admirer.”

                “Another one?”

Mark whipped around and face Soojung.

                “What do you mean by another one?”

                “Yeah, I received one this morning.”

Soojung her back and walked to her room to pick that single stalk of rose that was lying on her dressing table.

                “Here,” Soojung tossed the rose to Mark.

                “Why are you giving the roses to me? They’re aren’t from me.” Mark explained himself and placed the roses on the table.

Soojung shrugged and picked up the spoon. She jabbed it into the bowl of congee and took small bites.

                “You should have been more careful of what you eat.” Mark chided. “I won’t always be here to save you. Neither will Yongguk and Jackson be there all the time too.”

Soojung stared at Mark in boredom and took another bite.

Curiosity filled him and he cleared his throat.

                “Who is this Chanyeol?” He asked carefully.

Soojung tensed and dropped her spoon. She folded her arms in front of her chest and leaned back against the back rest of the chair. She blew air at her bangs and looked at Mark.

                “Why do you want to know?” She counter-asked.

Mark cleared his throat again and copied Soojung’s actions. He looked away and bit his lip for being such a busybody.

                “Just asking.” Mark answered and Soojung shook her head.

She reached out for her spoon and let her thoughts wander.

Should she tell him?

Should she not?

She got distracted when she swallowed and the food went down the wrong pipe. She choked and coughed violently.

Mark straightened his back and quickly patted Soojung’s back, trying to calm her down.

                “Be careful,” Mark scolded.

After Soojung’s coughing bouts slowly ceased, she patted her chest to soothe the ache. She looked up and Mark’s face was in front of hers, just inches apart.

Their gazes met and everything just seemed to stop.

Time.

Breathing.

After what seemed like hours, Soojung pushed Mark away from her.

                “Y-Yah!” She uttered.

Mark awoke from his daze and looked at Soojung.

                “Are you… blushing?” Mark asked when he saw a tinge of red on Soojung’s cheeks.

                “N-No… No!” She exclaimed and cupped her cheeks.

                “Awww, the Great Park Soojung blushes~” Mark teased and broke into a laugh.

Soojung watched as his eyes turned up into crescents when he laughed. She saw how sharp his canines were, and she thought that it was attractive. His laugh sounded like music to her ears.

She realised that she was staring and mentally slapped herself.

Why is my heart beating so fast? Snap out of it, Park Soojung!

                “Yah! I’m not!” Soojung yelled and socked Mark’s arm.

Mark’s laugh became a chuckle and he reached out to poke her red cheek.

                “You look like a tomato, all red and chubby~” Mark mocked and barely managed to dodge Soojung’s attack.

He looked smugly at Soojung and slid her room card to her before heading to the door.

                “I’m heading back now. Finish up the porridge and rest early. There are games to be played at the beach tomorrow. Call me if you need anything, I’m just next door. Jalja.”

Mark closed the door and Soojung dropped her spoon.

Honestly, she didn’t have any appetite for food, but somehow Mark’s presence made her reach for the spoon and made her fed herself.

Soojung glanced at food then at her bed. She quickly finished the congee and walked to her bed.

                “Time for bed, I guess. Work day tomorrow.” She sighed and closed her eyes.

 

Mark returned to his room and dived straight to his bed.

                “Call me if you need anything, I’m just next door?” Mark repeated what he had told Soojung earlier. “I actually said that?”

He breathed out heavily and buried his head under the pillows.

 

Soojung was up before the morning call came. There was a knock on her door and she had to wake up to open the door.

                “Hyuna! I thought you said you weren’t coming, since the others are busy?” Soojung greeted with a hug.

                “I missed you, that’s why~” Hyuna cooed and returned the hug.

Soojung invited Hyuna in and closed the door. She brought Hyuna into the room and pushed her into the toilet, making her change into something comfortable for the beach games later. That woman arrived outside the door clad in a tight body con dress.

Hyuna changed into a bikini with a see through cover up. She pushed Soojung into the washroom and just when she began to change, there was a knock on the door.

                “I’ll get it for you!” Hyuna sang and went to the door.

 

                “Soo, are you…” Mark started when the door opened.

                “…ready?”

Mark trailed off when he saw Hyuna standing at the door instead of Soojung.

Hyuna saw the handsome guy in front of her. She blinked at how dashing he looked and her lips.

                “Hey, pretty boy. Who are you looking for?” Hyuna purred.

Mark rolled his eyes at the girl’s attempt to flirt with him. He had never seen her before, but why was she in Soojung’s room?

                “Isn’t this Soojung’s room?” Mark asked.

There was a visible change in Hyuna’s expression when he asked that.

                “Yeah, it is.”

                “Then, where is she?”

                “She’s chan-”

                “Hey Tuan.”

Mark looked up and Hyuna turned around. Soojung was tying her hair into a loose bun and she was clad in a two piece bikini. A sleeveless see through crop top was covering her bikini top.

                “Who is this?”

                “You know this cutie?”

Hyuna and Mark asked at the same time, making Soojung chuckle. Hyuna was taken aback, she had never seen Soojung crack a smile in front of strangers, let alone laugh.

                “Oh, this is Mark Tuan. And this is Hyuna.” Soojung introduced and the two strangers nodded at each other.

                “He’s our new classmate, Hyun. He was transferred here when you were away on that runway show you had.” Soojung explained to Hyuna.

                “Well, would you look at that? Such a fine piece of art.” Hyuna looked at Mark and smiled seductively.

               

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter