-13-

Can't Be Tamed
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter THIRTEEN

Mark followed Soojung, and stayed behind her. He watched her back as she shuffled her feet back to her room, with her head hung low.

He could hear her sniffle but he kept quiet.

He wanted to hug her, but he knew that the best way to comfort her now, is to stay quietly by her side.

 

They stopped out Soojung’s room door and she fumbled for her card.

She checked her pockets and got frustrated when she couldn’t find her room card. She gave up and squatted down, with her head in between her angled arms.

Mark took a step back and squatted down next to her, holding her shoulder. Soojung peeped up and leaned against Mark when she saw that it was him and he rubbed her arm as they stayed in that position in silence.

He gently patted her arm and helped her to her feet.

                “I know that you aren’t feeling that good, but being out here will make you sick. Let’s go in, okay?” Mark asked gently and she nodded.

Standing on her feet, Mark reached into her front pocket and took her room card out. He then shrugged off his jacket and draped it on her shoulders. She looked at him in confusion and Mark nodded towards her.

                “Put that on, I don’t want you to get sick.”

Mark smiled when she slid her arms into his sleeves and unlocked her room door.

 

Once inside, Soojung padded to the sofa and sat down.

                “Do you need me to stay behind? You look unwell.” Mark asked and Soojung ignored him.

He felt uneasy and stepped into the room. He closed the door and went to make some hot tea.

She sat at the corner and brought her knees up close to her chest. Soojung folded her arms on her knees and rested her forehead on them.

Her mind was whirling and it was throbbing painfully.

Mark came out of the kitchen and saw Soojung in that position. He rushed over to her, and placed the small tray on the table before sitting next to Soojung.

                “Are you okay?” He asked and Soojung kept quiet.

Mark rested his arm on the edge of the sofa and Soojung rested her head on his chest. She hugged her knees tightly and closed her eyes.

                “I just need to be like this, for a second.” She mumbled and snuggled closer to Mark.

He looked down at Soojung and curled his arm, resting his hand on her arm.

                “Thanks.”

 

After a while, Soojung reassured that she was fine and made Mark go back to his room. Mark retreated towards the door reluctantly and she forced a smile for him.

                “I’m just next door. If you need anything, just yell for me.”

Soojung nodded at him.

                “I know, now go.” She egged him gently and closed the door.

 

Mark stood outside Soojung’s closed door before returning to his own room reluctantly.

He sat on his bed, and ran his fingers through his hair before sighing deeply. He closed his eyes and leaned back, until he laid down on the bed. He shifted himself upwards, and angled his arm so that he was resting his hand on his hand. He stared at the ceiling, unable to fall asleep.

Mark wanted to sleep – or at least try to – but Soojung’s tear-stricken face kept replying and replaying in his head.

Those tears that fell out of her eyes, seemed like they were cutting into his flesh.

He groaned and his side.

“Stop thinking about it.” He told himself.

 

Soojung walked back to the sofa and sat down, curling her legs under her as she leaned forward to grab the rose Chanyeol threw on the sand.

She twirled the rose’s stem between her fingers as she stared at it.

Somehow, the broken stem, the falling petals attracted her.

Like it was portraying her own self.

She was heartbroken, broken just like the stem.

And her cold façade was falling apart, just like the falling petals.

She chuckled to herself and tilted her head.

                “This is ridiculous. I am pathetic. Since when do I cry this much?” She asked herself and shook her head.

Soojung then got up and went back to her room, shuffling her feet and her hands touching the wall.

                “Go to sleep, Soo. Go to sleep and stop worrying people.” She whispered and closed her eyes.

She curled her legs u

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter