-05-

Can't Be Tamed
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter FIVE

Soojung woke up the next morning and groaned when a headache attacked. Every time after she cried, she would wake up with a terrible headache. She glanced at the clock on her bedside table, and saw that it was 4 in the morning.

She gently swung her legs off the bed and sat the edge. She reached up and rubbed her temples, trying to ease the ache hammering in her head.

Soojung wore her house slippers and opened the room door. Holding onto the wall for support, she walked towards the stairs and glanced over to the living room. She smiled and shook her head when she saw Yongguk and Jackson sprawled on the sofa, fast asleep.

She tipped toed to them and pecked on their foreheads.

                “Thank you dorks.” She whispered and headed towards the kitchen for a glass of water.

She leaned against the kitchen counter as she sipped her water.

                “Why is Chanyeol back?” She asked herself.

 

Soojung went back upstairs and sat on her bed. She closed her eyes and fell backwards, lying on her back and draped an arm over her eyes.

Chanyeol reached for Soojung’s hand and laced his fingers with hers tightly. Soojung blushed at the contact. It was their first date and Chanyeol was taking her out for a dinner then a movie. Soojung smiled at Chanyeol’s side profile.

He’s the captain of the school’s basketball team and one of the hottest males in the school. He was her first boyfriend too. She was a plain Jane, always dressed so casually, and yet Chanyeol noticed her.

He wooed her and finally she accepted him. Chanyeol bought her flowers every other week and bought her gifts. But she always wondered why Chanyeol ever took notice of her, and not the other beautiful girls in the school.

                “Hey, what are you thinking about?” Chanyeol asked in his deep voice, causing Soojung to snap her head up.

                “N-nothing.” She replied and noticed how Chanyeol smiled.

                “Don’t worry, I love you. No one is going to hurt you, okay? If anyone hurts you, I’ll beat his personally.” He said and Soojung blushed. She slapped his chest once and he grabbed her wrist and pulled her into his arms.

Chanyeol looked once over her facial features and reached up to tuck her fringe behind her ear. He saw that her ears and the tip of her nose was a little red from the cold. He smiled at Soojung and she felt her insides warm up.

                “Are you cold?” He asked and Soojung nodded. “Maybe a little.”

Chanyeol caressed her cheek with his thumb and tilted her chin up. Soojung looked at him confusedly as he leaned closer and kissed her.

And that was her first kiss.

                “Remember,” Chanyeol said after he broke the kiss. “If anyone decides to hurt you, tell me. I’ll kick his/her .” He smiled and pecked her forehead again.

Soojung dropped her arm and blinked, her tears escaped her eyes and flowed down the side of her eyes. She felt the tears moisten the shell of her ear and she let out a shaky sigh.

                “Park Chanyeol. You hurt me. You are the one that broke my heart. Are you going to kick your own ?” Soojung whispered and smiled bitterly.

                “I hate you, Park Chanyeol. Give my heart back to me.” She murmured as she fell unconscious, into a dreamless oblivion.

 

With 8am rolled by, Yongguk slowly awoke and opened his eyes. He tried to move but felt trapped. He looked at his side and saw Jackson clinging onto him like a koala bear. He shoved the younger boy away and got to his feet.

He went up the stairs and entered Soojung’s room. He saw her hugging her bolster and he sat down behind her. Yongguk saw her furrowing her eyebrows even in her sleep and bent forward, kissing her forehead.

Soojung stirred in her sleep and rolled over, resting her arms around his waist. He ran his fingers through her hair and she woke up.

                “Hey.”

                “Good morning.” Yongguk greeted and Soojung rested her head on his lap.

                “What time is it?” She asked sleepily as she rubbed her eyes.

                “It’s 8.”

Soojung sat up and jumped off the bed. She headed towards her wardrobe and opened the doors, only to have them slam shut. She turned and saw Yongguk standing there in front of her, and caught a glimpse of Jackson standing at the door.

                “What?” Soojung asked and folded her arms.

                “You’re not going to school today.” Yongguk pointed out and Jackson rubbed his eyes sleepily before shuffling his feet to the washroom.

                “Yah! Wang, there is a bathroom downstairs.” Soojung yelled.

                “I like the upstairs one better!”

Soojung rolled her eyes and Yongguk pushed her until her back hit the wardrobe. She glared up at him but he just pecked her nose.

                “Yah, what do you want?” She snapped and Yongguk quirked his lip up.

                “Are you going to talk to me in that tone, missy?” He asked and Soojung looked away sheepishly.

                “You are staying at home today.” Yongguk ordered and lifted Soojung up. He smirked and threw the girl back onto the bed.

Soojung shot daggers at Yongguk but he just stood in front of her, with his hands positioned on his hips. He rose an eyebrow at her and she looked away.

                “Arraso. Arraso. I’ll stay at home. Sheesh.”

Yongguk flashed a victorious smile at the girl and ruffled her hair.

Jackson walked out of the washroom, with a towel that hung at his hips. He had another smaller towel as he rubbed his hair dry. Yongguk and Soojung snapped their head to the squeaky clean male.

                “Yah! Go put on a shirt!”

Jackson had to dodge the pillows and bolsters thrown in his direction as he ran out of the room.

 

Mark was dressed in sweats and plugged in to his music as he got out of the house for a small jog. As he jogged, he saw how couples were walking hand in hand, he saw how couples were walking their pets.

He saw how people seemed so carefree around him, like they didn’t have a care in the world.

He gr

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter