-18-

Can't Be Tamed
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter EIGHTEEN

Soojung stayed at her table with Mark as Yongguk and Jackson went around socialising. They were chatting freely and were on their fifth glass of champagne as they shared laughs.

“Who knew you were such an interesting guy, Mark Tuan.” Soojung mused.

Mark chuckled.

“You’re not so bad yourself.”

“We shouldn’t be too quick to judge huh?”

They shared a look and laughed again.

“You’re tipsy.”

“Aren’t you too?”

Soojung raised the glass to her lips again but Mark reached out to stop her.

“That’s enough.” He said. “Let’s go outside for a breather, shall we?”

He stood up and held his arm out.  She nodded and placed the glass on the table. She stood up, straightened her dress and hooked her arm with his. They gazed into each other’s eyes and she looked away, holding her dress with her other hand.

He helped her with her dress before they strolled out of the venue quietly.

 

The streets were empty when they stepped out. They were walking side by side, with a comfortable silence and space between them. A gentle breeze flew back and Soojung hugged herself.

Mark saw and immediately shrugged off his jacket. He then draped it over her bare shoulders, making her look up at him.

“Aren’t you cold too?” She asked but he shook his head.

“I’m fine. You should wear it.”

Soojung gave him a gratefully smile and they continued walking. She was lagging a little and she found herself liking his back view.

His broad shoulders really stood out and his tall posture really made his silhouette look so much manlier.

Her eyes fell onto his hand and felt the sudden urge to hold it. She found with herself, if she should do it when she scolded herself.

“Since when were you this indecisive?”

Soojung took a deep breath and lengthened her stride. She walked up beside him and didn’t see the little crack on the floor. Her heel got stuck and she stumbled, falling against Mark.

“Hey! Are you alright?” He asked, his hands holding a firm grip on her arm and waist.

“Y-Yah, I’m fine.” She stuttered, her heartbeat racing.

He righted her and he took her clutch purse. He looked at her heels and knelt down in front of her. Mark looked up and she curled her hair behind her ears.

He gave her smile and slid off her Louboutin heels. She stepped onto the ground and he stood back up, dangling the heels off his fingers.

She was still recollecting herself when she felt his warm hand slide away from her waist and into her free hand.

“W-What are you-”

Mark cleared his throat and looked away, tugging on her hand.

“I’m doing this to make sure you won’t fall again.” He stated.

Mark then pulled on her hand for her to move but she stayed put. He was glad that the street wasn’t that brightly lit because his cheeks were burning red.

“Wait,” she called out.

He paused and turned.

“What is it?”

She pointed at her feet.

“How do you expect me to walk barefooted?”

He followed her gaze and chuckled.

“Sorry, I forgot.” He said then knelt down once more, removing his shoes.

He slid his shoes off and fitted them onto her feet. Although they were not her size, he helped by retying the shoes’ laces. He straightened his back and she gaped at him.

“Then… What about you?”

He looked at his own feet and smiled, wriggling his toes.

“I have socks on, don’t worry.”

Soojung felt her heart stop beating and nodded. He pulled on her hand again and they continued that stroll.

 

The couple felt a little hungry and stopped at the nearby convenience store to grab some instant ramen.

“Aren’t we dressed a little too formal to be eating here?” She asked as Mark paid.

He eyed their clothing and shook his head, bringing the two cups of noodles and two cans of beer to the tables provided. Mark, being that gentleman, went to fill up the hot water for the both of them.

Soojung was drumming her fingers on the table when she saw a middle-aged couple coming over to the store. She smiled at them as they passed and they returned her smile. She saw them drop a handkerchief and she quickly got up and returned the fabric to them.

“Thank you, young miss.” The lady said and Soojung shook her head.

“It’s alright.”

The couple left and Soojung returned to her seat, just as Mark came back. He saw her coming from somewhere and his gaze went over her shoulder. He furrowed his brows when he noticed the couple, somewhat looking familiar to him.

“Who’s that?” He asked.

She turned and noticed the couple.

“Oh them? They dropped their handkerchief so I returned it to them.”

Mark nodded and they sat down. She picked up her chopsticks and clapped her hands together.

“Let’s eat!”

 

Soojung got up after a while to get them some side dishes and Mark watched her go. He found himself smiling at her back view as he fed himself more noodles.

Suddenly, a past memory flashed past and his smile fell.

 

“Come on, eat up! Stop staring at me.”

Mark grinned and shook his head, his chin pressing on the ball of his palm. He opened his mouth and Hyorin laughed. She scooped a huge spoonful of the soup and fed it to Mark.

He grinned as he swallowed. He continued to stare at her as she ate, that silly goofy smile still tugging on his lips.

“Am I really that interesting to look at?” She asked.

“I can stare at you the whole day and not do anything. That’s how much I love you.”

Hyorin shook her head.

“Grease. Too much grease.”

Mark laughed.

“How is that grease? I still have more, do you want to hear?”

She held up her hands in surrender and playfully glared at Mark.

“No thank you. I don’t want to die of high cholesterol.”

He reached out and clasped his hands with hers, bringing them onto the table. She sighed in amusement and tightened their entwined hands.

Mark propped his elbow up on the table, then he pressed his cheek on his palm, before looking at Hyorin again. He noticed that something was at the corner of her lips, and he reached out to wipe it off for her.

She smiled at him in gratitude and he the little delicious piece of chocolate off his thumb.

“Aigoo, how dirty can you be?” She cooed and tapped Mark’s nose.

 

Mark felt his heart drop to his stomach thinking about their past memories. He was brought back to his senses when Soojung came back, waving her hand in front of his face.

“Earth to Mark. Hello?”

He shook his head and gazed up at her with a blank look in his eyes.

“Hmm?”

“I called you, but you were just staring into space.”

Soojung sat down and sipped on her beer can.

“What were you thinking of?”

He cleared his throat.

“Nothing. Just some trivial stuff.” She accidentally left a spot of sauce at the corner of her lip.

Mark noticed that and wiped it off using his thumb. Soojung froze and watched as Mark the sauce off his thumb. She felt herself blush at his actions and coughed.

He not

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter