-17-

Can't Be Tamed
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter SEVENTEEN

Soojung rolled onto her back and she heard someone groan beside her. There was a weight on her belly and she opened her eyes slightly.

She smiled when she saw Yongguk fast asleep beside her. She her side to look at him and she found his eyebrows really attractive. She gently traced his thick eyebrows, she chuckled when she realised that she always did that whenever she woke up before Yongguk did.

                “Hmm,” he groaned sleepily.

                “Get up sleepyhead.” She whispered.

Yongguk laid on his back and draped his arm over his eyes.

                “Five more minutes…” He mumbled.

Soojung sat up and straddled Yongguk at his waist, with her knees pressing on the bed. Yongguk lowered his arm and peeked at her.

                “What are you doing?” He said huskily.

She said nothing and pressed her palms on his chest, before lying down on him. She took a deep breath as she turned her head and pressed her cheek on his chest.

Yongguk closed his eyes again. He the back of Soojung’s head and ran his fingers through her hair.

                “What’s wrong?” He asked.

                “Nothing,” she murmured. “I just wanted to hug you like this.”

                “You idiot.” He breathed lovingly.

 

Soojung got up after a while and headed downstairs to pour herself a glass of water. Her mobile rang upstairs and Yongguk brought it down for her.

He handed her the phone and she answered it. He wrapped his arms around her waist and smooched on her neck as she spoke.

                “Hello?”

                “Oh, Soojung-ah. It’s omma.”

Soojung gently tapped Yongguk’s arms and he stopped kissing her.

                “Omma-ah, what’s wrong?”

                “There is a party later tonight, I need you to attend for us, your father and I can’t make it home in time.”

She sighed and Yongguk creased his forehead.

                “What’s wrong?” He whispered in her other ear.

                “Okay, omma. I’ll be there. Just text me the venue and time.” She said and hung up.

Yongguk spun her around, making her drop her gaze. She drew circles on his chest.

                “Omma called, she wanted to me go to that Scarlet party tonight, in their place. I’m going to be bored to death again…” She whined.

The male chuckled and flicked her forehead.

                “You dumb . I’ll be there too. My parents want me to attend. I wanted to tell you later, but seems like I don’t have to anymore.”

 

The doorbell rang and Yongguk went to open the door.

                “Why are you here so early?” He asked.

Jackson stood outside sheepishly and rose his arms.

                “Breakfast?” He said and shook the bags in his hands.

 

Soojung came to the coffee table with three glasses of juice. Jackson laid the food on the table and Yongguk went to look for movies to watch. She decided to stay in that day and the boys wanted to accompany her.

                “Where’s Mark?” Soojung asked carelessly before biting into her burger.

Yongguk and Jackson shared a knowing look.

                “He’s still sleeping at home. I’ll call him over later.”

She nodded and continued eating her breakfast.

                “Oh yeah,” Jackson said. “My parents are back in Korea and they want me to accompany them to a certain party later on tonight. So, I can’t attend our night out together.”

                “Yong and I will be going too. My mom called and wanted me to attend.”

                “Great! Then you can go as my plus one!”

                “Jackson, she’s my girlfriend. She’s going as my plus one.”

The two males started to bicker with each other as she ignored them and carried on with her meal. He mobile vibrated and she opened the text.

 

Unknown number

This is Mark. Jackson didn’t bring his mobile out. And I only have your number, so… Anyway, tell him I’m free tonight. I can go to that party with him.

 

Soojung smiled.

Mark had just texted her.

                “You pig,” she kicked Jackson, making his fall over. “You already have Mark going as your plus one, and you will want me to be your date.”

Jackson gasped.

                “He did not just text you. He did not just do that.” He said dramatically before reaching out to grab her phone.

She tried to take her mobile back but Jackson pushed her away, and dialled for Mark’s number.

                “Yah hyung! Why did you text Soojung?!”

                “You idiot, you didn’t bring your phone out with you, how else do you want me to contact the mandoo?”

With one swift movement, Soojung grabbed her phone back and pressed the device to her ear.

                “Mark Tuan-ssi, I’ll bring you to the party as my plus one.”

Yongguk and Jackson whipped their heads towards her in shock.

                “WHAT?! Baby…” Both chorused in disappointment.

She chuckled.

                “I don’t want to go with either of you.” She whispered to them. “With that settled, Mark, come pick me at 8pm later okay?”

Mark could only manage a hum before she hung up on him. Soojung gave the males in front of her both a look and turned away, going into the kitchen.

As she left, Yongguk sighed.

Jackson nudged him and he gave the older male a concerned look.

                “What’s wrong, hyung?”

He gazed at Soojung’s direction before a smile tugged on his lips.

                “I think I’m slowly losing my spot beside Soojung.” He said and wiped an imaginary tear away.

Jackson chuckled and started packing the trash.

                “I’ve lost that spot to you years ago, hyung. Don’t complain.” Jackson poked Yongguk’s shoulder.

 

7pm rolled by and Soojung was in her room, wrapped in a towel as she sat in front of her dressing table, applying her makeup.

Just by thinking about the Scarlet party, she felt her world slow down. She did not have a least bit of interest in parties like that.

Snobby people who think they own the world attend parties like that. No matter what you do, you get judged. You so much as breathe and those snobby people would be at your tail like lions to a gazelle.

She was done with her makeup and hair when she glanced at the clock. Her heart started to hammer against her ribcage when she remembered who was supposed to pick her up at 8pm.

Soojung felt strangely giddy at the fact that Mark Tuan was going to pick her up.

                “I can’t be falling for him right?” She asked herself suddenly.

Then her eyes widened.

                “I can’t be thinking that way. No. No. Soojung, erase. Erase that thought away.” She mumbled.

A muffled sound of the door closing downstairs

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter