-06-

Can't Be Tamed
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter SIX

No one in the world will ever know how the hell these four people were now sitting together, in a restaurant, having dinner. Like ever.

                “Tell me again, why am I having dinner with the transfer?” Soojung asked as she leaned back on her seat and crossed her legs.

                “Soo. Be nice.” Yongguk whispered and Soojung threw him a look.

                “Yeah, why am I here with this obnoxious little girl?” Mark looked at Jackson.

Soojung sat up immediately and glared at Mark, but Yongguk was quick to squeeze her thigh.

                “Come on people, be nice.” Jackson cooed and both of them rolled their eyes. “Let’s just have a nice dinner together okay?” He said.

Mark and Soojung just looked away.

                “Well, since I’m Mark’s cousin and Soojung’s my best friend, you guys need to know each other.” Jackson reasoned and Yongguk high-fived him.

                “Bang!” Soojung glared at Yongguk and he just shrugged his shoulders.

Mark eyed the two.

Soojung and Yongguk doesn’t seem to be lovers at all. They just look like… friends. Normal friends.

                “So, what do you guys want for dinner?” Jackson asked.

 

Yongguk and Jackson left the table for a second during the dinner, one answering a phone call, the other went to pay the bills. Soojung and Mark were left at the table, in an awkward mess.

Soojung stole glances at Mark, and saw that he was using his phone. She was about to get up when she felt a presence behind her. She stood up and Mark shot his head up at her. He watched in confusion as Soojung took a step back when she saw who was behind her.

                “Hey Soo.”

 

Soojung froze.

Why is he here again?

Why is he everywhere?

She could feel her heartstrings pulling painfully as he stood there in front of her, looking even more handsome than he ever was.

                “Having dinner?”

Chanyeol asked and Soojung nodded. She stumbled backwards and accidentally hit the back of her knee on the chair, causing her to fall.

 

Mark could see how uncomfortable Soojung seemed and he got up from his seat. He walked up behind her just as she took a step back and tripped. He took one big stride and he was behind her, he managed to catch her.

Soojung straightened her back and glanced back at Mark, muttering a quiet thanks before facing Chanyeol again.

She cleared .

 And put on that front she always had on in school.

                “Hey Yeol. How are you?” She asked, trying to speak in a lighter tone.

Mark furrowed his brows.

He noticed the change in her tone but he didn’t say anything about it.

                “Same old. Same old. How are you?”  He asked, and Soojung could see the concern in his eyes. His mock concern.

                “I’m beyond fine.” She answered and folded her arms.

Chanyeol’s brows met for a brief moment at her cold response and he saw Mark behind her.

                “Who’s with you?” He asked and Soojung blinked.

She turned and saw Mark looked at her, bored. He tapped his watch and motioned his head outside. Earlier, he received a message that Yongguk was done with the bills and was with Jackson outside the restaurant.

Soojung cringed and straightened her expression before pulling Mark beside her and hooking her arms with his. Mark stared back at the girl in confusion, his eyes widening in a mere fraction as his eyes searched hers for an explanation.

But all she did was to smile at him.

Soojung needed Mark to be with her, to trust her this second.

                “My boyfriend.” Soojung introduced and Mark straightened his back.

                “Your… boyfriend.” Chanyeol repeated and Soojung nodded.

Mark could feel Soojung trembling and he just reached up to pat her hands. Soojung turned to Mark and he nodded at her.

                “What’s with that tone, Yeol?” Soojung asked.

                “No- I was just- He just doesn’t look like he’s your type.” Chanyeol stated bluntly and Soojung scoffed.

                “So are you the only one who’s allowed to fit my type?”

                “Soojung-ah.”

Mark eyed Soojung and saw that tears were lining her eyes but she blinked them away. Before he knew it, Soojung had pressed her lips on his. And even before he could react to that, Soojung broke this kiss and turned back to Chanyeol.

                “I’m sorry, but my boyfriend and I have a date to get to. See you around, Chanyeol.” Soojung said and pulled Mark out of the restaurant.

 

The moment they got out of the restaurant, Soojung let go of Mark and her arms fell to her sides. She took a step away from Mark and looked at her feet. Mark noticed that there was something off with Soojung but she held her hand up.

                “I know what you’re thinking. I’m fine. Everything’s cool. And sorry for kissing you like that.” Soojung said and her back. “Tell those two idiots I’m going home.”

And with that, she headed towards the parking lots and drove off.

 

                “Where’s Soojung?” Jackson asked when he saw Mark standing alone outside the restaurant. Yongguk and Jackson had gone off to get ice cream.

                “She left.”

Yongguk and Mark shared a look.

                “Left? Where?” Yongguk asked.

                “She said to tell those two idiots I’m going home.” Mark answered simply.

                “Why?”

Mark was about to shrug when Jackson began to nudge Yongguk.

                “Hyung.”

Mark looked at Jackson, but realised Jackson wasn’t calling him. He switched his gaze to Yongguk and saw him clenched his teeth, his jaw tensed.

                “It’s him.” Jackson breathed out and Yongguk nodded.

                “I’ll go find her.”

Yongguk was about to run off when Mark spoke.

                “That guy… Chanyeol.”

Yongguk paused and Jackson looked up at Mark.

                “How did you know his name?”

                “Soojung.”

                “, he saw her.”

Yongguk took a deep breath and

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter