-24-

Can't Be Tamed
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter TWENTY-FOUR

Soojung was lying in bed one night, staring at the ceiling, unable to go to sleep. She was thinking about whatever was happening in her life right now.

The guys decided to end movie marathon night early and they have gone back to their rooms to sleep. Mark was bunking in with Jackson in his room.

It wasn’t her to just reveal her past with Chanyeol to someone that she just met. She wasn’t even willing to talk about Chanyeol to Yongguk and Jackson. She just didn’t like talking about him but when Mark asked her, she told him everything.

“Why did I tell him? This isn’t me…” She asked herself.

Her heart started racing and she brought her hand up to her chest to calm herself. She sat up and shook her head before sweeping her hair back.

Her mind wandered to all the times Mark helped her, and that made her insides warm up. It has been so long since she last felt something like that in her. All those times he acted cold towards her, and how their friendship slowly progressed to wherever they were at now brought a smile to her face.

She remembered the first time they met and laughed softly. She still remembered the letter she wrote to Mark, and stuck that note to his windshield.

Soojung swung her legs off the bed and padded downstairs. She went past Yongguk and Jackson’s rooms, popping her head to make sure they were sound asleep before going down to the kitchen to get herself a glass of chocolate milk.

Leaning against the kitchen counter, she brought the glass to her lips and slowly drank. She closed her eyes briefly and Mark’s face appeared in her mind.

“What are you doing?”

She snapped her eyes open immediately and set the glass down on the table top. Mark was standing in front of her.

“Yah, you scared me!” Her hand flew to her chest.

“I heard something and came down, can’t sleep?” He asked.

“Yeah, I was doing some deep thinking.”

Mark hummed and took the half-filled glass from her and downed the milk. She watched him finish the milk and her heart swelled with a weird feeling of adoration.

“Why am I feeling this way?” She asked herself in her mind.

“Is there any more of this?” He asked, bringing her back from her thoughts.

“Y-yeah, in the fridge.”

Mark turned and went to pour himself another glass of milk.

 

The both of them ended up sitting opposite each other in the kitchen. She watched him drink his milk and she yawned.

“Tired? Why don’t you go up first?”

She waved her hand at him.

“Ani, I’m fine.”

Mark gulped the rest of his milk down and went over to her. He slid his hand around her waist and pulled her up to her feet.

“What are you doing?” She asked.

“Bringing you back to bed.”

He then scooped her up, an arm under her knees and one on her back. He walked her up the staircase and into her room. Gently setting her down, he realised that she had fallen asleep during that short journey.

Mark tucked her in, bringing the blanket over her chest and brushed her fringe away from her face.

“Why are you so beautiful?” He asked himself. He pecked her forehead and let his lips linger for a second longer before getting up and leaving her room.

 

Soojung yawned and sat up on the bed. With half opened eyes, she ruffled her hair. She relaxed herself and dropped her arms. hung open as she sat there in a sleepy daze. Groaning, she fell back onto the bed and draped her arm over her eyes.

“RISE AND SHINE BABY CAKES!” Jackson’s voice came blaring from the living room.

Within seconds, her room door burst open and Jackson threw himself onto her bed.

“GOD! WANG JACKSON!” She pressed her face into the pillow.

He threw his leg over hers and hugged her like a bolster. He snuggled his face into her chest, humming in satisfaction of her warmth.

“Wang Jackson, let go of me.” She mumbled.

“Get up~” He sang.

“Alright, alright.” She grunted and pushed his arm and leg off her.

 

“Yongguk hyung went off early in the morning, so I’m responsible for waking you up for school. And your breakfast, Mark hyung is cooking for us.” Jackson drank his orange juice.

Soojung hummed in acknowledgement and sipped on her glass of milk. Her gaze went over to the male cooking in the kitchen. She felt her heart do a flip, knowing that he was comfortable enough to cook in her kitchen.

His back view looked so alluring that it did things to her heart.

His broad shoulders just looked so comfortable to lie on.

“I wonder how he would be like as a boyfriend.” She thought. “I would be so lucky to have someone like Mark.”

Soojung’s eyes widened at what she was thinking and shook her head.

“What are you thinking Park Soojung? You can’t be thinking this!”

“What are you doing?” Jackson asked, chewing on a piece of bacon Mark gave him. “You were shaking your head.”

Mark walked over and set Soojung’s plate of food in front of her. She jumped when the plate clanked against the table and her head snapped up to look at him.

“What’s wrong?” He asked softly, pouring apple juice for himself.

Soojung felt herself melting because of his soothing deep voice. His care for her was making her all gooey and warm inside.

Mark noticed Soojung being quiet and he stopped whatever he was

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter