-23-

Can't Be Tamed
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter TWENTY-THREE

Ever since that night, rumours started flying around in school. That the Power Couple, Park Chanyeol and Park Soojung, have ended. There were people saying that Soojung had broken up with Chanyeol because they decided to remain friends, or that Chanyeol had two-timed her.

Nichkhun, Soojung’s classmate in school, was walking her to class.

There were also rumours, saying that Soojung and Nichkhun were together, that was why the power couple broke up.

“Come on, cheer up. Don’t sulk.” Nichkhun grinned and bent his waist a little, looking up at her at a low angle. He poked her cheek and tried to make her laugh.

But it wasn’t working.

“Soojung, smile please. I’m dying to see you smile.”

She glanced at him and rolled her eyes. He then pretended to be hurt by her ‘laser beams’. He managed to smile and shook her head.

“Yes!” He pumped his fist in the air. “I made you laugh!”

Soojung stopped and looked at him.

“You idiot.” She breathed.

Nichkhun watched her side profile for a moment before standing in front of her, stopping Soojung from walking.

“What are you doing, Khun?”

Without a word, he leaned in and kissed her on her lips. Her eyes widened and she tried to push him away. She struggled and tried to pull away but he had his hands clasped behind her lower back.

“What..!” She pushed Nichkhun away and wiped her lips with the back of her hand.

Nichkhun was about to say something when he saw Soojung freezing up. He turned around, following her line of sight and smirked.

Chanyeol was standing behind them, his eyes wide open in shock before narrowing and he turned away.

Soojung glanced at Nichkhun then she shoved him aside, running after Chanyeol. She grabbed onto his arm and he stopped.

“Baby, please don’t go.”

“Don’t go? Who are you to tell me what to do?” He snapped. “You let him kiss you, despite all the rumours swimming around us, you obviously don’t care about this relationship. To think that I wanted to talk to you, to repair what we have between us.”

Soojung shook her head vigorously, her tears starting to line her eyes, threatening to fall.

“Why would you say that?” She whispered. “How could you? You broke my heart, and now just because you saw what happened earlier, and all those rumours, you’re breaking up with me?”

He scoffed.

“Rumours? If you didn’t do something like that, why would there even be rumours?”

Soojung let out a sob and he pushed her hands away from him.

“Yeol, please. Don’t do this. I l-love you! Please, I swear, this is just a one-time thing… I’m willing to forgive you and Sora, can’t you just let this slide?”

He shook his head.

“This relationship was over the moment I saw you lip-locking that son-of-a-.” He looked over her shoulder and glared at Nichkhun. “And here, you claim that it was a rumour. I saw it with my own ing eyes, Soo.”

She looked pointedly at him.

“What you see isn’t always the truth… Please, just believe me…”

“Believe you? I’ll rather see you prove it to me.”

“Why are you behaving like this? How could you speak with so much reason? You did something wrong too! It was just a mistake! You would rather believe these trash than believe me? We’ve been together since we were kids, Yeol! Do you think I’m a person like that?”

“I think the only trash here is you. We’re over. I’m breaking up with you.”

He walked off and left Soojung behind him, her tears pouring out of her eyes. Her hands covered and Nichkhun stepped up to her. He held onto her waist and she glanced at him. When she noticed that it was Nichkhun, she shoved him aside and made a run for it.

She ran out of school and just as she was about to cross the road, blaring honks echoed the area. She screamed as the vehicle coming at full speed towards her and knocked her down. She flew quite some distance before landing on the tarred road roughly, making her black out in an instant.

***

“YAH YAH! SOOJUNG WAS KNOCKED DOWN BY A CAR OUTSIDE THE SCHOOL GATES!” A male student came running and skidding into the classroom, almost falling over.

People scrambled out of the classroom and ran towards the main gate. The sirens of the ambulance blared and rang all over the school compound.

 

Yongguk dropped his phone when he heard the news. He grabbed his bag and ran out of the building. On the way out, he bumped into Chanyeol.

“Where are you rushing off to?” He asked.

“Your girlfriend, aka my best friend, got into an accident! How dare you ask that question?” He growled and pushed past him, running off.

Chanyeol’s eyes widened and ran after Yongguk.

 

“Code blue! In need of blood type B!”

The nurses in the hospital scattered around in havoc, trying to get the items that were needed urgently. Yongguk rushed into the hospital, running around like a headless chicken, trying to find Soojung. He grabbed a random nurse running.

“Where is Park Soojung? WHERE IS SHE?!”

Before the nurse could say anything, another nurse of another rank came running.

“Kim! The patient is losing a lot of blood!

“Losing a lot of blood?!” Yongguk grabbed the other nurse. “What do you mean losing a lot of blood?”

“I’m sorry Sir, I can’t talk right now.” The nurse said and ran off with the first nurse to the blood bank.

Yongguk staggered to the counter and asked where Soojung was and headed to the benches outside the operating theatre immediately.

“Please be fine.” He wringed his fingers together.

 

Chanyeol came in less than 3 minutes later.

He ran and saw Yongguk immediately. He went over to him, and sat down next to him.

“Hyung… Tell me… Soojung, is she…”

Yongguk glared at him.

“So now you care for her?” He asked.

He grabbed his sweater and glared him down.

“I told you before, I’ll kick your if you hurt her.”

“Hands off.” He pushed Yongguk’s hands away.

He scoffed.

“Why can’t you take more care of Soojung? Why would you do that to her? With Jung Sora? She loved you with all her heart. Why did you break her?”

“You don’t understand hyung.”

“If you won’t tell me, you are no longer my brother.” Yongguk threatened.

Chanyeol glared at him.

“Over a girl, you are cutting off our friendship? Is Soojung that worth it?” He questioned.

“A girl? That girl is my life. I’ll do everything within my means to protect her! She is definitely worth every second of my concern!” Yongguk stood up.

Chanyeol followed suit and Yongguk threw him a punch across his face. The younger male fell onto the floor, bleeding from the corner of his lips. He got to his feet and ran his tongue over the cut.

“And with this punch, our friendship is over. I’ll give you what you want, Yongguk hyung.” He gritted his teeth and spun on his heels, walking out the building and out of Soojung and Yongguk’s life.

 

“Soojung… You scared the hell out of me! I’m so glad you’re okay.” Yongguk whispered as he helped Soojung sit up on the bed.

The nurses managed

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter