-07-

Can't Be Tamed
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter SEVEN

                “How did you meet the both of them?” Mark asked.

Jackson and Mark were in Jackson’s car as they cruised slowly towards their shared unit.

                “5 years back I guess. We were from the same middle school, and classmates.” Jackson started as he slowed down outside their place.

                “Soojung was that quiet little girl that always kept to herself. She doesn’t talk to people, and it took me a long time to get her to talk to me.” Jackson said and Mark gawked.

                “Really? She doesn’t look like that kind of a person. Soft-spoken? Heck no.” Mark scoffed and Jackson slapped his thigh.

                “It’s because you don’t know what happened to her.” Jackson whispered.

                “Then what about Yongguk?” Mark asked, rolling his eyes at what he had heard Jackson say.

                “The both of them grew up together. He was always with her, be it for lunch, physical education, field trips. It’s safe to say that Yongguk hyung knows practically everything about Soojung.” Jackson explained.

                “I saw a photo in her room earlier. It seemed like a ripped photo.” Mark asked and Jackson killed the engine.

                “Oh it’s Chan-“

Mark snapped his head towards his cousin and Jackson sighed.

                “It’s Chanyeol. The three of them shared a really tight bond before they knew me.” Jackson then stopped. “Don’t ever let Soojung know I’m telling you all these, she’ll kill me.”

Mark nodded and they stepped out the car, then into the house.

 

Soojung and Yongguk arrived to school together and were inside the classroom when Jackson and Mark entered. Whispers erupted when the classmates saw Jackson and Soojung hug. Mark threw his bag on his table and plopped down on his seat.

Mark looked around and saw Yongguk comfortably sitting on his table and not giving two hoots to what people were whispering about around him. He glanced at Soojung and noticed Jackson patting her back.

 

                “I’m alright. Their whispering didn’t just start today.” Soojung whispered to Jackson when they heard the talking around them.

Jackson rested his face at the crook of her neck and patted her back. He tilted his chin, and his lips brushed against her neck.

Mark shook his head and looked away.

                “Hmm.” Jackson hummed and nudged her back to her seat.

The teacher came into the classroom and everyone scrambled back to their seats.

 

                “Alright class!  Since the holidays are coming, the school has organised a camping trip for you guys!” The teacher announced. “You guys will be going be staying in a seaside resort, and you guys will be assigned to stay in pairs.”

Jackson looked at Yongguk, then he looked at Soojung.

                “It’ll be on the first week of the holidays. So, those that can’t make it, it’s your loss.” The teacher teased and Jackson groaned.

                “I can’t make it. I’m needed back in Hong Kong.” Jackson told Mark.

                “Really? Yongguk can’t make it too.” Soojung whispered to them and all three eyed Yongguk.

                “What? Don’t look at me. Family issues.” He said and Soojung socked him in the arm.

                “So it’s only me and that transfer?” Yongguk shot her a look.

                “I didn’t ask to be with you too. Brat.” Mark answered.

Before a fight could start out, Yongguk and Jackson got up.

                “We can’t attend this trip.” Both of them said in unison, getting groans from the class.

                “I expect valid reasons later. Anyone else?” The teacher asked.

Both Mark and Soojung rose their hands.

                “Mr Tuan, you’re a new student. You are required to go. And you, Ms Park. Don’t try to pull anything and don’t give me crap. I know your parents aren’t in the country, so you are required to go.” The teacher said and Yongguk slapped his hand on the table.

                “You don’t talk to my girlfriend like this, Ms Kim.” Yongguk said.

The teacher kept quiet after that and Soojung nodded at Yongguk. She sat back down and laid her head on the table.

If the person Chanyeol is a trigger to her mood change, the term parents would affect her even more.

Soojung remained quiet for the rest of the lesson and Mark glanced at her.

How would the teacher know for a fact that Soojung’s parents weren’t in the country?

Mark realised that he was looking at Soojung and immediately turned away.

Why was he constantly looking at her?

 

During lunch, the gang stayed in class and Yongguk pulled Soojung onto his lap. He wrapped his arms around her waist from the back and he pressed his forehead on her back.

                “Are you okay?” He whispered and Soojung nodded.

She pulled Yongguk’s hands away and stood up.

                “Come on, let’s go grab lunch. Bang, Wang, Tuan. Let’s go.” Soojung called and headed to the door. Yongguk followed after and Jackson stood up.

Mark stopped moving at the name Soojung had called.

                “Tuan! Tuan! Tuan~!” Hyorin called and Mark came running towards her.

He was in the shower, when he heard Hyorin yelling his name. He thought something had happened and immediately turned off the shower, and wrapped a towel around his waist before running out of the washroom.

                “What? What happened?!” He called and Hyorin laughed.

                “Nothing happened.” She stifled a laughter.

Mark shook his head and wrapped his arm around her waist.

                “Don’t scare me like this. I thought something happened to you.”

                “I just wanted to try calling you the name I’ve decided. Mark Tuan Yi En~ You’re my Tuan, and only I can call you that. Tuan~!” Hyorin called and Mark chuckled.

                “Arraso, Tuan it is. But I’m still calling you my baby.” Mark said and Hyorin nodded.

                “Now go back into the bathroom and finish your shower! You still have foam on you.” Hyorin teased and slapped his chest.

Mark nodded with a chortle and gave his girlfriend a quick kiss on her lips before rushing back upstairs.

 

Jackson noticed Mark had stiffened and he sighed.

                “Come on couz. Hyorin’s gone. You have to stop thinking about her, okay? She wouldn’t want you to be like this all the time.” Jackson said and Mark sighed.

Mark nodded and walked after Jackson.

 

                “Why can’t you go? I’ll be stuck with the transfer~” Soojung whined as she clung onto Yongguk’s arm.

                “Maybe it’s time for you to make friends. Soo, we can’t always be here for you.” Yongguk patted her head and she pouted.

Mark and Jackson arrived and the four of them walked into the cafeteria. Soojung got up and made the guys sit.

                “I’ll go get the food. What do you guys want?” Soojung asked.

         

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter