-28-

Can't Be Tamed
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter TWENTY-EIGHT

A few weeks past just like that. Soojung’s health was back to normal and everyone was going on with their daily lives.

Only Mark Tuan.

He was constantly in a dilemma.

He wanted to confess to Soojung, but he didn’t gather enough courage to do so.

He wasn’t sure if he could be able to love again. He didn’t want to hurt another woman and lose her in the end.

As long as he could see her smile, he could live with this.

 

Soojung was in the cafeteria alone, eating her lunch when a group of males walked over. Everyone dropped what they were doing and watched as the one who seemed to be the leader of the group, approach the ice queen.

“Seonbae?” He called out.

Jungah looked up at him, and stirred the drink in front of her.

“Hmm?”

“I was wondering…”

“Wondering?”

“I was wondering if you were able to go out for dinner, with me.”

Soojung felt her heart thump.

A male student?

Asking her out?

Despite all the rumours and bad reputation she had?

“You want to have dinner with me?”

The male nodded. He reached into his pocket and pulled out a piece of paper. He then set it on the table and slid it over to Soojung.

“Here’s my number. Call me if you want to have dinner.”

Soojung smiled at the guy, much to everyone’s surprise.

“I-”

Someone cleared their throat behind them and everyone turned around.

Mark was standing behind, with his backpack slung over his shoulder. He gave all the boys a onceover and shook his head.

“What are you guys here for?” He asked, the tone of his voice dripping icily.

“I was trying to ask Soojung seonbae out for dinner.” He boldly declared.

Mark eyed the girl, who was sporting a small grin.

“Really?” He dropped his voice another notch.

The boys nodded and walked off, leaving Mark feeling slightly sour. He glared at them as they left and plopped down in front of Soojung.

He saw that grin on her face as she stared at the piece of paper in her hands.

“I see that you’re feeling better.” He asked, testing her.

“Of course.”

He reached over and took the piece of paper from her hands.

“Ryu Tae Oh.” He read the name.

“He’s cute, isn’t he?”

“Cute?” He scoffed.

Soojung snatched the paper away from his hands and finished her lunch. She got up to return the tray and walked out of the cafeteria.

Mark grunted and ran after her.

“Yah, you think he’s cute?”

Soojung nodded.

“I don’t think he’s any good looking at all.”

Soojung noticed the slight tinge of jealousy in his tone and started to sniff around.

“What are you doing?”

“Don’t you smell anything?”

“Smell what?” He asked, joining her in sniffing the air.

“Something sour…” She trailed off before she stopped sniffing at Mark’s body. “I think it came from you.”

He smelled himself and looked at her in confusion.

“Are you jealous?” She asked, with a smile.

Mark froze in mid position of sniffing himself and relaxed his limbs.

“Jealous? Me? Hell no.”

Soojung smirked.

“Well, if you say so. I’m going to call him later. We’re going to dinner.”

She then walked off.

Mark’s eyes widened at her words and ran up to her, blocking her path.

“Say what?” He asked. “You’re going to dinner with that punk?”

She nodded and that made him pout. Soojung chuckled and pinched Mark’s cheeks.

“Aww, you’re cute.” She said and side-stepped him.

She was beginning to walk away when Mark jumped in front of her again. She folded her arms and looked at him, amused.

“What is it now, Tuan?”

“You think I’m cute?”

His face was in a snarl and she could feel herself weaken in his sharp gaze.

“You think I’m cute?” He repeated.

Soojung nodded and he moved his face closer to hers. She, on instinct, leaned back and shut her eyes.

“Open your eyes.”

She slowly peeled them open, only to see Mark grinning at her. He brought his fists to his cheeks and did the ‘buing buing’ aegyo.

“Am I cute now?”

Soojung started laughing out loud and pushed Mark away from her. She shook her head and stepped away. Mark froze in his position before realising that she had gone away.

“YAH YOU CAN’T HAVE DINNER WITH HIM!” He yelled and ran after her.

 

---

 

Soojung was putting on her makeup after bathing. Mark was sitting on h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter