-20-

Can't Be Tamed
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter TWENTY

Yongguk quickly stepped up to Soojung, holding onto her waist, keeping the girl steady.

“Jung Sora. What are you doing here?” His voice lined with hostility.

Sora let out a fake giggle and then dropped her façade, a smile trained on her lips.

“Bang Yongguk. Still being that knight in shining armour, Prince Charming, I see.”

Soojung was quiet, her eyes trained on Chanyeol, who equally was looking at her. Mark stood a distance away, watching everything happen before his eyes.

He saw how uncomfortable Soojung was, and he frowned when he noticed that Yongguk seemed to be supporting the girl. He walked up to them and stood on Soojung’s other side.

“Oh it’s you.” Chanyeol narrowed his gaze.

“Yeah, it’s me.”

Sora noticed the tension between the two males and she let go of Chanyeol’s arm.

“Hi, I’m Jung Sora.” She introduced and offered her hand to him.

Mark eyed the hand, scoffed and turned to look at Soojung.

“Let’s go have breakfast together, I’m famished.”

She looked at him in confusion, but Mark winked at her secretly. Another nudge from Yongguk got her moving. She finally got the hint and nodded dumbly at Mark.

“Let’s go.” He held his arm out and she took it.

When they turned away, Sora’s arm dropped to her side. She clenched her fist at their leaving beings and glared at Chanyeol, who was looking at them with sad eyes.

“What are you looking at?” She asked him.

“Nothing of your business.” He growled.

He turned to Yongguk and sighed.

“Hyung.”

“Don’t call me that. I don’t have the honour to have that title.” Yongguk fired back.

He then turned to Sora, who was giving him a smug look, her arms folded across her chest.

“And you.”

Sora tilted her head in arrogance and that smirk still tugging on her lips.

“You just have to come back into Soojung’s life and ruin her once more, right? Take my word of advice. Keep away from her, or I’ll come after you.”

Yongguk then left Chanyeol and Sora standing there. When Yongguk is out of their range, Chanyeol looked at Sora.

“Why? Why did you do that?”

Sora shifted her hair over her shoulder, letting them fall on her back.

“What did I do?”

“You came up just like that. Why did you have to ruin everything for me, huh? First, you broke us up, and now, you turned my own best friend against me.”

She scoffed.

“Me?” She pointed at herself. “I didn’t do anything. You did.”

“What?”

“You broke up with her. You chose to marry me. You turned your backs on them. Not me.”

“Whatever.” Chanyeol rolled his eyes and walked away.

“You can never walk away from me, Park Chanyeol.” She cackled and strolled after him.

 

Soojung and Mark were holding hands, with Mark leading her away until she realised that they were far away from Chanyeol. She paused in her steps and he stopped. She pulled her hand away from him and avoided his eyes.

“Thanks.” She murmured and walked away.

“Wait, stop.” His hand shot out and held her wrist.

She turned around with an irritated look and yanked her hand back.

“What do you want from me?”

“Are… Are you okay?”

“Do I look okay to you?”

Then she sighed.

“Look, I’m not in the mood to talk.”

“Soo…”

“Leave me alone, please?” She said and walked away.

Mark watched her walk away from him and he ruffled his hair.

 

“We have 5 students here for a student exchange programme from SM High. Let’s put our hands together to welcome them!”

Thunderous applause filled the auditorium as 5 students climbed onto the stage.

Everybody in the final year were to gather in the hall and Soojung sat beside Yongguk and Jackson, two seats away from Mark.

He found himself peeping at her every once in a while. He didn’t know why he felt so antsy ever since Soojung walked away from him in the morning.

“Hello, my name is Kim Taeyeon! Nice to meet all of you! I hope to create memories with all of you during this 2-week programme! Please take good care of me!”

“My name is Oh Sehun. Nice to meet all of you.”

“Hello everyone, I’m Amber. I’m from California, and I’m really excited to be here! I hope to have lots of fun with you guys and let’s all party together!”

Soojung turned her face away, burying herself behind Yongguk’s shoulder. He looked at her, before facing the stage. He understood immediately what she was doing and reached his other hand to her head, gently her hair.

Mark saw movement at the corner of his eye and frowned when he saw Soojung and Yongguk. Jackson noticed him looking over and nudged him.

“What are you looking at?”

“What happened to Soo-”

“Hello everybody. My name is Park Chanyeol.”

And everything clicked in Mark’s head.

He turned back to the stage and laid back on his chair. He saw Chanyeol’s eyes darting around, as if looking for someone. Applause and cheers clouded the auditorium when he introduced himself.

When Chanyeol spotted Soojung, he gave the crowd a dazzling smile, making the ladies in the hall swoon. “I will love to make friends here in Victorian High. Especially you,” Chanyeol pointed at the crowd, in Soojung’s direction. “I hope to have a good time here, and please take good care of me!”

The crowd erupted into cheers again.

Soojung sunk into her seat even more, her heart skipping a few beats. Yongguk had his hand on her thigh, gently rubbing as if to comfort the girl.

“Good morning Victorian High! My name is Jung Sora!”

Jackson choked on his drink when he saw Sora on stage. He whipped his head at Yongguk and pointed secretly at her.

“She’s here too?” He asked in disbelief.

Yongguk nodded solemnly and glanced at Soojung, whose eyes were closed.

Mark nudged Jackson.

“You know her?”

“Even if she were to turn to dust, I will still recognise her. That .” Jackson clenched his f

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter