-33-

Can't Be Tamed
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter THIRTY-THREE

Mark dropped his arms and fell sitting on the floor.

Soojung turned back and stared at her boyfriend with pleading eyes. The last thing she needed was him walking out on her. Yongguk and Jackson shared a look and stepped up to greet the older man.

"Uncle," they greeted in unison.

"What are you guys doing here?" Jaesung asked. "Get out of my office."

Soojung got up from the floor and rubbed her cheek. She glared at her father, shaking her head.

"Over my dead body will I marry Chanyeol." She spat. 

Yongguk and Jackson pulled Mark up to his feet. He was about to go forward, to grab his girlfriend when the boys stopped him.

"Wait, not now."

 

"Guys, bring her back home and lock her in her room." Jaesung ordered.

Soojung felt her eyes water, as she looked helplessly at her father. "Am I really nothing to you now?" She asked.

"Go." He muttered, avoiding her question.

"Wait," she let out a breath, wiping her face. "Let me talk to them, please."

"Yongguk and Jackson, make sure she doesn't run away." Jaesung said and the two males couldn't help but nod their heads.

They were about to leave the office when the older man stopped them. He walked up towards Mark, who had his arm around Soojung. He grabbed the younger male's arm and pushed him away from his daughter.

"And who are you?"

Soojung reached for Mark but he gently shook his head, pushing her arms away.

"He's my boyfriend."

"Boyfriend huh?" Jaesung shook his head and looked at Mark. "Leave my daughter. She's getting married and I don't want someone of a low status to corrupt my daughter like her other two friends."

"Dad! Don't speak of my friends like that!" Soojung shouted and Jaesung sent another slap to her face.

"Is that how you talk to your father?"

"You are no father to me." She growled. She grabbed Mark's arm and pulled the boys out of the office together.

"Remember, your wedding will be held a few days from today. Boys, lock her in her room until the day she marries."

 

---

 

"Why didn't you tell me?" Mark whispered. The four of them were in the conference room, alone, with the guards standing outside the doors. "Was that why you were so out of it? Why you wanted to leave?"

Soojung kept quiet.

"Do you plan to tell me after the empty space for your spouse in your IC has Chanyeol's name on it?!" He yelled.

"Mark, please." Soojung shook her head. "I didn't know how to tell you. I didn't even tell Oppa and Jacks."

"And that makes everything better?" He asked.

Yongguk and Jackson nudged each other and they stepped out of the room, to give the couple their time alone.

Soojung gave them a look of thanks and walked up to Mark. She cupped his face, making Mark look at her. He felt his head throb in pain, upset that he couldn't help Soojung one bit.

"Please, Mark. I didn't want this." Soojung teared. "I... I don't want to marry Chanyeol. You're the only guy for me... I-"

He placed his finger against her lips. He let his eyes roam all over her features, sighing. His gaze landed on her red blotchy cheek and he brought his hand up to caress her face.

"Does it hurt a lot?" He asked tenderly. "I'm so sorry..."

She sat on his laps and wrapped her arms around his neck while he hugged her middle, his forehead pressed against her chest. She ran her fingers through his hair.

"Don't apologise... It's not your fault. It's mine. It's my fault for having such a power-hungry dad."

Mark looked up and held her chin. He lowered her face and pressed his lips sqaurely on hers.

"I'm not mad," he whispered against her lips. "I'll think of something. I won't let your father use you like this."

Soojung nodded, "I love you, Mark Tuan."

"I love you too," he gave her a small smile. "Wait for me, okay?"

 

---

 

Jaesung's guards drove Soojung back to her father's place. She stared out of the window motionlessly. They brought her to her room, before locking the door behind them.

She shuffled her feet towards her bed and sat down. She stared into space as tears began to trail down her cheeks.

Soojung reached up to touch her cheeks when she felt that her skin was cold. Staring at her tear-stained fingers, she cried more.

"Why are you even crying?" She asked herself. "Shouldn't you have already gotten used to it?"

 

A knock on the door snapped her out of her thoughts. "Young Miss, I've brought you lunch," the housekeeper said and motioned for the bodyguard to open the door.

She went in and saw her you

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter