-27-

Can't Be Tamed
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter TWENTY-SEVEN

Mark sat outside the ward as the doctor examined Soojung inside. He sat on the bench, with his face buried in his palms. He shook his head as worry consumed him.

“I’m an idiot. Why did I say all of that?” He muttered.

Footsteps were heard running towards him and he looked up. Before he knew how to react, Chanyeol had pulled him up to his feet. He threw a punch across Mark’s face and he fell onto the ground, unable to contain the shock from the sudden attack.

Mark sat on the floor, coughing and bleeding from the corner of his lips.

More footsteps came towards him and Yongguk shoved Chanyeol back. Jackson crouched down beside Mark, taking a look at his injury.

“You okay?” Jackson asked.

Mark nodded and when Jackson tried to help him up, he pushed him away. Jackson stumbled

“What’s wrong?”

“It’s my fault she’s like this.” He mumbled.

“HELL RIGHT IT IS!” Chanyeol blared.

He wanted to charge towards Mark but Yongguk caught him in a firm hold around his waist.

“STOP ACTING LIKE A ING IDIOT AND TELL US WHAT HAPPENED!” Yongguk lost his temper and yelled.

Chanyeol stopped and fell sitting on the bench.

Silence enveloped them. Yongguk and Jackson shared a lot before the latter helped Mark up to his feet and made him sit down on the seat beside them.

“What the hell happened?” Jackson asked, his voice dropping.

“I…” Mark started.

Yongguk and Jackson looked at him intently, wanting him to spill his words immediately.

“Sora kissed me and Soo saw.”

Yongguk’s eyes hardened and he rushed forward, grabbing Mark’s collar, pulling the guy to his feet.

“Are you ing kidding me?” He growled. “You let that kiss you?”

Mark pushed his hands off his collar and Jackson held onto Yongguk.

“I didn’t let her kiss me. She forced herself on me and Soojung just happened to see us.” Mark explained. “Sora made a classmate ram into her during our PE game, and she suffered an injury. I wanted to follow her but she told me to stay but I was too worried so I followed.”

Yongguk balled his hand into a tight fist.

“How did Soojung end up in the hospital?”

“I got into a fight with her and said something nasty, so she ran out of school. It started raining. She almost got into a car accident, I got her to ground safely but we got into another argument. I left her and she fainted.” Mark stated truthfully. “I’m sorry.”

Yongguk fell sitting on the bench, burying his face in his palms. Chanyeol and Jackson casted worried looks at him. Anyone could tell that the older male was very worried for the girl.

“I can’t say I hate you for what happened to Soojung,” Yongguk started. “But I’m not happy that this happened to her.”

“I’m really sorry that we fought. It was over something in my past, I’ll apologise to her later when she wakes.”

Just at the moment, the doctor came out of the ward and closed the door behind him.

“How is she?” They chorused.

“Ms Park fainted out of fatigue and being in the cold. In other words, she’s alright. She just needs most rest.”

Yongguk and Jackson sighed in relief.

“Then can we see her?” Mark asked anxiously.

“She’s already awake, so you can go in now.”

Without wasting another second, Mark rushed in.

“Thank you, doctor.” Yongguk bowed.

Chanyeol was about to follow Mark when Jackson hugged him back. He turned around with a scowl and pushed his hands off his waist.

“What the hell do you think you are doing?”

“I don’t think you should be the one to enter her ward. Leave them be. You are out of Soojung’s life, and you should stay out.” Yongguk growled. “Leave.”

Chanyeol looked at Jackson for help but the younger male turned away.

“Fine. But I’ll be back.” Chanyeol said and stalked off.

Yongguk wanted to visit Soojung but Jackson shook his head.

“Hyung, let them settle whatever problem they have between them. We’ll come back tomorrow.”

The older male could only sigh and agree to what he said.

 

Soojung helped herself sit up on her bed and panted. Her lips felt dry and she swung her feet of the bed slowly. She reached over to the jug of water and tried to pour herself a glass of water. She heard the door open and she looked up, blinking slowly.

“What are you doing here?” She asked coldly.

Mark rushed over and steadied her when he thought she was about to fall. He made her sit back down and poured the water for her.

“Here.” He held the glass towards the girl.

“Thanks.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter