-32-

Can't Be Tamed
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter THIRTY-TWO

“Are you ready to leave” Soojung lugged her small backpack downstairs, as she headed to the door to wait for the boys.

She brought little stuff with her, because she figured that since she was going to run away, she can always buy her necessities. The most important thing now, is to escape from her father and her marriage with Chanyeol.

“I’m done.”

Yongguk had a small luggage with him. He stood in front of Soojung, only to see her eyes vacant, like she was thinking of something. He frowned and waved his hand in front of her face.

“Earth to Soo.”

She shook her head, and forced out a smile for Yongguk. “Oh, you’re ready.”

“I’ve been standing in front of you for the past 1 minute, but you didn’t notice me.” He pressed his lips into a thin line. “Are you okay?”

She nodded quickly, her reaction a little too fast for him, planting a seed of doubt in his mind.

“Where’s Jackson?” She chirped, cringing at how fake she sounded.

“I’m here!”

Rushed footsteps with loud thumps came down the stairs. Soojung and Yongguk sighed at the size of the luggage.

“We’re going for a short getaway, are you running away?” He said, shaking his head.

“I only filled it halfway, I wanna go shopping there!” Jackson cheered.

The doorbell rang and Soojung went to open the door. Mark was standing outside with a small backpack, like hers, “Hey baby.”

She smiled as she stepped towards her boyfriend’s welcoming arms. He let out a breath and pecked her temple. She melted into his arms and stayed there, basking in his warmth. Who knew how long she had left to be with him, before marrying her ex-boyfriend.

“Ready to go?”

Yongguk nodded and the couple turned, heading towards the car parked outside the house. Jackson tugged on his luggage and managed to get it out of the house as the older male locked up.

 

Once inside the car, Soojung reached over to Mark, who was driving them to the airport, snuggling into his chest. Mark chuckled at how touchy she was but held her nonetheless.

“I love you,” she blurted, looking up.

Her hand made its way to his face, holding his cheek gently as she said those 3 words again.

Mak grinned and pressed his lips on hers. She pulled away after a while and gazed deeply into his eyes, “I want you to promise me something,” she muttered.

“What?”

“Promise me that you’ll never give me up. Promise me that you’ll love me.”

Mark squinted his eyes at her strange request, but seeing the desperate look in her eyes, he nodded. “I promise, princess. I will never let you go.”

She gave him another kiss before Yongguk and Jackson pulled the car doors open.

“Let’s go!” Jackson hollered in the car.

 

---

 

“Sir! Young miss is at the airport! Her flight’s in half an hour!” Jaesung’s other secretary rushed into the room and blurted the information he found out to his boss.

He was, afterall, sent to take note on Soojung’s whereabouts.

Jaesung knew that she would try to escape getting married to Chanyeol. He knew she would run, so he took the extra precaution of hiring someone to trail his daughter.

“That stubborn girl!” Jaesung gritted his teeth. “Get her bodyguards and go with them to the airport. BRING HER BACK TO ME!”

 

---

 

Flight AU7327 heading to California, the gate will be closing in 30 minutes. Passengers, please make your way to Boarding Gate 43.

“I know you wanted to go to California, but I didn’t expect that you would book us a flight that is flying off in 30 minutes!” Jackson groaned as the 4 of them rushed towards the boarding gate.

“I just wanted to get there as soon as possible.” Soojung reasoned.

“But, this is too sudden, sweetcakes.” Yongguk stated matter-of-factly.

Mark silently watched his girlfriend, noticing how her eyes darted around, as if she was on a lookout for something. Or someone.

 

Soojung felt her eyelid twitch, like something was about to happen the moment she stepped into the airport. She didn’t like the feeling and wanted to get out of Seoul as soon as possible.

But not all wishes come true.

 

The 4 of them were nearing the boarding gate, and was about to enter when Soojung felt herself being pulled away from her friends by a muscular man. Yells and shouts of anger from the boys confused her for a moment.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter