Hold Onto Me

You Belong With Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

SooJin still recalled two years ago when Seyoung went through a painful breakup.  She never looked back after leaving Hwan, her ex-boyfriend no matter what she and EunHye did to change her mind. After trying for years to be accepted by his mother, Seyoung had to let him go. Hwan was arranged to marry into his mother's friend's family since since he was young, but he wanted to marry for love. He was almost out of his mind trying to get her back for months, coming to her house, following her to college. Hwan begged her to stay and was willing to leave his family, but Seyoung won't have it that way. It was not how she wanted to live her life.

In the end, his mother drafted him to the army to keep them apart, and Seyoung's parents decided it was time to move away from Ilsan.

Seyoung couldn't imagine living her life without her parents, so she wasn't going to let Hwan do that to himself. She left him. She left her first love. And she didn't look back.

Every time Soojin thought about it, her heart ached. When they met her the night she left him, Seyoung broke down and cried.

Soojin ahh...Eun Hye ahhh...Why can't I just have an ordinary love story...I don't ever want to hurt like this again..promise you won’t let me.

The three of them cried together.  Since then they were hoping for an easier relationship for Seyoung. But it seemed that fate had a different plan…

                                      👣👣👣👣👣👣👣👣

In Seoul, Wooyoung had just returned from practice. He was sweating and decided to shower at home instead of the studio. It was tiring pretending to be okay when he was not. Only music was his escape. Dancing like crazy was his way to ease the burden off his heart. He looked at his phone again...

Seyoung ahh...How are you today? I had eel for lunch ...it reminded me of you. I’m sweating a lot...but there’s no one to wipe my sweat. I thought of you again. Did you remember me today?

And like always, he didn’t hit the send button. But writing to Seyoung like that everyday became a routine for him. I will send all these to you when you text me. I’m still waiting...take your time Seyoung ahh. I’m not going anywhere.

After showering, Wooyoung was beginning to compose for his solo album again. Suddenly a text came.

Wooyoung ssi...this is Gil Eun Hye and Jeon Soo jin. Do you remember us? We are Seyoung’s friends. Can we call you? We have something to ask...please tell us when you are free to ca...

He didn’t even finish reading before dialing the number.

WY: Hello! Eun Hye ssi? This is Wooyoung...

EH: Wooyoung ssi? Ohhh...we thought you were busy. Let me put you on speaker coz Soojin is here too.

WY: Okay...is something wrong? Is Seyoung okay?

SJ: Are you that worried about her Wooyoung ssi?

WY: Of course. Is she okay? Please tell me. (his voice sounding more desperate)

EH:  If you’re this worried, why haven’t you called her? Even as a friend...

WY: Friends? I don’t understand...she just wants to be friends?

SJ: She doesn’t want to be anything with you anymore, Wooyoung ssi. Not wife, not lovers, not friends, nothing. She’s trying to forget you...and when we reach Busan, she’s going to bury all memories she had with you. She’s going to leave everything you’ve given her in the sea. I bet you didn’t know this...coz even we just found out about it like a few hours ago...

WY: Busan? She’s there?...I mean...I’m so confused. She’s leaving me? But...we haven’t even talked. I thought she was not ready...to talk. Oh God! What have I done? Wh..what can I do...

EH: Wooyoung ssi...you don’t know the danger of leaving Seyoung to make decisions on her own. She decides pretty quickly...and ultimately. You have two days to do something...if you like her at all. If you don’t, we’ll pretend this conversation never happened and I’ll delete your phone number. We won’t call you again. We just wanted to do this for her...although she might just kill us if she found out.

WY: If I like her at all? I’m crazy about her! I don’t believe this is happening...here I was thinking she’s going to text me when she’s ready. God! What did I almost do...where will she be in Busan?

SJ: Where you brought her last time. Where else can she be? Where else would she want to go Wooyoung ssi...I tought you know her that much...

WY: I never thought she’ll remember. She’s just so cool and independent...I thought she didn’t care

EH: Didn’t we tell you how she’s like? She doesn’t let just anyone near her or get into her heart. That’s how she protects herself...but once you are there, she loves you unconditionally.  She protects you...and this is how she wants to protect you Wooyoung ssi.  Can’t you feel it in the show? How much she cared about you? Everybody saw it…

WY: I did, but I was so confused between what was real and what was acted. I didn’t dare assume that it was all real…

SJ: Wooyoung ssi…Seyoung  was cold when she didn’t trust you. She thought you were just playing the fool, and she didn’t want to invest her emotions into the marriage if you didn’t feel the same.  We asked her why she was being so hard on you…it turned out because she felt you didn't want her too...that you just wanted to take it easy, but you won her trust…so I thought she made up for her mistakes pretty well, don’t you?

WY: Yes she did…so she was telling the truth.  In the final episode…that she has started to like me…

EH: Aigoooo….this is so frustrating. I can never guess you’re unsure of your place in her heart

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter