There Is Only You...

You Belong With Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A couple of years ago, Wooyoung was in a relationship with an actress and singer Hana.   He had always had his eyes on her since he saw her appear in one of his sunbae’s music video.  Hana was a rising star, and once debuted, she was the talk of the town.  She appeared in one drama after another and her albums were always a hit.  Knowing his interest in Hana, his sunbae gave him her phone number, asking her to just chat with him and see if they could hit it off.

Hana was much younger, about 4 years his junior.  She had short black weavy hair and a very petite frame.  Her skin was as fair as his, and she had a very cute charm about her when interacting with people.  Wooyoung was immediately taken with her.  He didn’t believe in love at first sight, but it happened to him.  When he called her for the first time, they hit it off quite well, but Hana wanted to start slowly as friends.  Wooyoung agreed and they became very close friends. He took care of her and took charge of a lot of things in her life like an oppa would.

After 3 months of courtship, Wooyoung wanted to seal the relationship.  He wanted her to be his girl, and she agreed.  A few months as a couple, it was obvious that Wooyoung was into it more than she was.  Being the ‘it’ girl, she was always surrounded by admirers and her scedule was tight.  Wooyoung started feeling  a little left out especially when she showed lack of interest in a long term committment. 

Them being together was an open secret in the industry, since both of them are very popular.  Wooyoung had wanted to reveal their status many times, but was advised against it by his sunbaes as Hana was just starting out. Hana tried to talk to him about taking it easy from time to time, but in the end it put a strain in their relationship. One night, about a year and a half into the relationship,  Wooyoung received a message from her.


Oppa, I think our relationship is not going to work.  Our personalities are too different.  I have tried but I feel burdened.  I do love you oppa, but somehow I feel that it’s always not enough to you.  You have done a lot for me but I don't know what I can do for you.  I think you deserve more but I’m not the one who can give it to you.  Goodbye oppa. I'm sorry.

Wooyoung was devastated.  He tried to win her back, but she was very firm with her decision.  She wanted to be free and not have to worry about hurting his feelings anymore.  He said he would wait for her...no matter how long it took. But it was clear that Hana was no longer interested. After almost a year of waiting...his group members told him to move on.  When he finally gave up hope, he agreed to join WGM.  He wasn’t really looking for a relationship then, but he just wanted to keep himself occupied, and explore other ventures while preparing for his comeback.

 

💔💔💔💔💔💔💔💔💔💔💔

 

When he met Seyoung for the first time, he was surprised at how beautiful and similar she was to his ideal girl.  But soon, he realized how different they were in personality and expectations, so he was relieved.  Ahhh…this is going to be easy.  Just play along and end this.  What he didn’t expect was how uncooperative she was at playing along.  He was always at the edge and it made him anxious.  She hated when he had his guard up, or when he was hard to figure out. They were already filming for two months but she barely knew him at all.

‘Let’s be truthful. If it leads us to just friendship, why not?  I think we started off badly, I'm sorry...I was too careful. But I can’t be myself when we're like this Wooyoung ahh.  When you’re doing your push and pull…I react the same way...I don’t know what to do.  It makes me treat you badly, not the way I want to. Let me get to know you, so that I can be myself around you. I’m not going to ask for anything more, don’t worry.  And I'll be careful from now on. Is that okay?’  She said that in one of their phone calls.

It shocked him.  She knew exactly what he was doing, how afraid he was to fall, of rejection. He decided to trust her and began to let his guard down and showed her his real self.  He discovered what a different person she was after that. THeir differences slowly brought them closer instead of apart. They just complemented each other and fill the voids whenever needed.  When she was strong, he relied on her, and when she was weak, he supported her.  His attraction grew and he started to become more physically drawn to her as well, like the first time they met. At times, he also found her irresistable...that he had to remind himself they were filming.  Her brutal honesty was what he feared at the beginning, but in the end, it was what he admired most about her.  How giving and unassuming she was in treating him. He could be himself and show his weaknesses and it didn’t bother her one bit…it was what she wanted. She wasn't lying...she meant what she had said.

WY:  So there is this kind of love…ahhhh!! You make me so happy Park Seyoung!!

Wooyoung was suddenly thinking out loud. Omo! What did I just say? He looked around, panicked.  Luckily the dressing room was empty.  Soon s came in one by one.

CS: I heard Seyoung ssi is attending her movie premier…

WY: Uh? Really? (now why don’t I know this?)

CS:  She didn’t tell you? Aigoo…what is it that you do when you’re together? Missing all this important stuff…(chuckled)

WY: Doing MORE important stuff obviously…

JK: Shut up!! I can’t hear this kind of talk anymore…makes my hair stand.

TC: Get a girl then! Let him be…he’s happy.  We don’t have to see his mopey face anymore…

WY: When did I ever….

JK: All the time…I wanted to draw a smiley face on your face…

JH: No need now, hyung…there’s a permanent smile on his face!

JK: Aigooo…you call yourself an idol…you’re just too obvious…(shaking his head)

TC: You should support her you know…Seyoung ssi.

WY: It’s not like I can go to her premier…I’ll create havoc there…they won’t focus on the movie anymore…

TC: True that…

WY: I can’t do anything for her…Why is she with me anyway?

TC: I’ll ask her that…give me her phone number.

WY: Never!!! Not until you’re married!!

TC: Aigooo…childish!! Wooyoung ahh…don’t you trust her at all?

WY: It’s me that I don’t trust.  My heart can’t take it.  It’s bad enough I can’t find a reason why she’s with me…I can’t give her any more reason to leave…

KH: You should ask her you know…

WY: Mwo?

KH: Why she’s with you.  Why she loves you? Since you want to know…so ask.

WY: Will she answer me?

KH: Why not? When you know why, you can improve yourself right? You want to be a better person for your girl, right?

WY: (clapping his hands)…Wahhh…hyung!  You’re amazing…keurae! I will try…

KH: I dunno why you like to complicate things Wooyoung ahh…just be direct. Put your heart at ease.

WY; She tells me that all the time...

KH: She knows you...

JK: Haihhh!! these two!  Look at them gloating about having girlfriends…this is suffocating! I’m out of here!!

 

💙💙💙💙💙💙💙💙💙💙💙

 

When he was alone at home that evening, he called her.  It’s been 5 days since they last met and he was missing her.  He usually called her at night, but today he couldn't wait any longer. He dialed her number and she picked up almost immediately.

WY: Hi sweetheart.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter