Wooyoung's Sea...

You Belong With Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Seyoung pulled over at the seaside again, wound down her window and took out her instant polaroid camera. She took a few shots of the waves of Heundae...she wrote on the photos...'Wooyoung's sea' , another one 'No rain today' and the last one, 'Let's go together'...she smiled and put them in the box where all the other photos were.

Wooyoung ahh...let's take a couple photo together. Seyoung looked at her phone. There was no single picture of Wooyoung or of them together since WGM was over. Seyoung has never been the type who locks her phone...she did it purposely to remind herself not to put anything personal if it ever got stolen or misplaced. So there was no evidence of her and Wooyoung, no pictures except from the time they were virtually married. And after every chat with him, she would immediately erase the history...now it had become second nature to her. She didn't know about Wooyoung, but she didn't want to be the one putting him at risk. She inhaled the salty air as the sea breeze blew her hair amess again...

Suddenly her phone rang again. It was Wooyoung...again

SY: Baby you just called me like ten minutes ago. I'm fine and I'm almost there.

WY: Yaaaah...you know how worried I am? My girl all alone in Busan...

SY: Don't worry...my disguise is jjangg!! (Giggling)

WY: Aigoo....you sound so proud of yourself, you think this is somekind of a spy movie? (lovingly)...but sweetheart, you'll only attract more attention that way...haih...I should have gone with you...

SY: I am okay...seriously. And I love spy movies. You just drive slowly tonight...bye sweetheart...

WY: Eungggg...call me when you are safe at my home...arasso? You must okay? Must....

SY: Yes... Mr. Jang Kok Jong (Mr. Jang Worry)...kekeke

WY: Yaaa!! Ms. Park Nong Dam...(Park Joking)...hahaha...

Still laughing...Seyoung made her way onto the freeway.

 

💙💙💙💙💙💙💙💙💙💙

 

At the entrance of Wooyoung's family home, both his parents were already waiting anxiously for her arrival.

SY: Omonim, abunim....have you been well? I'm sorry I didn't come to greet you sooner....

She bowed to Wooyoung's parents and his mom immediately hugged her.

OM: I can't believe you are really here! I really wanted to see you Seyoungie...I'm so happy. You must be tired...did you easily find your way here?

SY: Ne(yes)...Wooyoung called me a few times to check where I was...

AB: He must be worried...you driving alone. He's so excited about this...you coming here...he couldn't stop talking about it since he started planning for it last month...(smiling)

SY: Oh...is it abunim? It's not even anybody great coming...(shy)

AB: Of course it is...you are the first girl he wanted to bring home, and we are dying to see you too...hahaha...

SY: Really? ...thank you for inviting me...I'm glad to be here...but...I'm going to trouble you for these two days...please take care of me...omonim, abunim...

OM: Aniya...what trouble?...it's sad that you have to come alone, haihhh...you even have to come separately...Wooyoung will only arrive late midnight...we have lots of time to bond before he comes...once he's here he's going to want you all to himself (laughing)

SY: Oh....(blushing)...No...I will...I mean...

OM: I was just joking dear...(saw her red face...)...but I know my son, he'll keep you to himself...coz he can barely meet you any other time...please understand him...he can be a bit...

SY: It's okay omonim...whatever he wants, is fine by me...

His mom smiled appreciatively...

SY: Wait abunim, omonim...do you mind if I take your photo? It's just///

OM: Of course not...(smiling)

She bent down, taking her camera out and took a shot of both his parents...

OM: What about you?

SY: I...I can't be in a picture with you...if anything happens...it will cause trouble to Wooyoung (hesitant)...so...I'll just keep your pictures safely at home...(smiling)...is that okay?

OM: Aigooo...Seyoungie...of course it's fine dear...

SY: I've taken a lot while coming here... I just want to keep them with me when I go back...

AB: Keuraeyo...just go ahead and do whatever you like...treat this like your home...take lots of photos...

They brought Seyoung to the guest room. It was already decorated and cleaned. Seyoung put her one-nighter at the bedside. Her mom showed her the bathroom and she had prepared a pair of pink pajamas for her...

OM: Something from us...wear that to sleep okay? It's cute...

SY: Hehe...it is. Thank you so much....

AB: I'm off to the market. I'll get some groceries too for dinner. See you later Seyoung ssi...

SY: Abunim...just call me Seyoung...

AB: Arasso...Seyoungie. Aigooo....I need to get used to this...but...it feels nice. (smiling...walking out of the room)

OM: Seyoung ahh...come and sit next to me...

Seyoung obliged and came to her side. She held her hand and Seyoung held it with both hands.

OM: You are prettier than I remembered you. Thank you...for being with Wooyoung. He is so happy these days. And...I haven't thanked you for taking care of him when he had his fever last time.

SY: Omonim...It's nothing, really. Thank you for trusting me...

OM: Keurae...mian...I'm emotional today.  Keundae Seyoungie...Wooyoung wanted to sleep here, he told me. Are you okay with that?

SY: Omo! (What is he doing? Aigooo...) No omonim...we should sleep separately...

OM: But he doesn't want to...(eyeing her)

SY: Huh? Oh God...ottohkeyo...(didn't know where to look)...I'm sorry omonim...

OM: Hehe...why are you apologizing? He's a grown man...so I've put his clothes in the cupboard...if ever you are uncomfortable...just chase him out to his room...

SY: I think I will have to...(you are embarrassing me Jang Wooyoung....) I never imagine he would...ask for such a thing...(sweating)

OM: Arasso...if it puts your mind at ease, I'll prepare the other room for him too...but I can't guarantee he'll stay there quietly...

SY: Oh...

OM: (Quickly changed the subject) Seyoungie, Wooyoung said you like gardening...

SY: That's right, I love it (eyes widened)...We have a small greenhouse at home too...

OM: Jinjja? Jal dwaetta...why don't we garden for a bit before cooking lunch?

SY: Okay omonim! It'll be fun...

 

💙💙💙💙💙💙💙💙💙💙

 

While changing, Seyoung quickly texted Wooyoung.

SY: I have arrived safely to your home. Don't worry baby...come slowly.

WY: Just a text? Why aren't you calling me? Let me hear your voice...

SY: I'm kinda busy. We can talk later. Mian. (She can imagine him pouting)

WY: Are omma and appa there? Is that why?

SY: Aniya...I want to go outside now.

WY: Wait...I miss you like crazy...really..

Seyoung paused. It had been more than a month since they saw each other in Auckland. Everytime they see each other after a long time, Seyoung couldn't help but felt kind of awkward. She didn't know how to immediately react intimately. True they were intimate but they barely see each other...the two extremes was kinda confusing sometimes...luckily Wooyoung always filled in the gap. He acted as though they never parted...the thought itself made her smile...

WY: You need such a long time to answer me? I'm feeling anxious right now...baby...Seyoungie?

SY: Of course I miss you. Can't wait to see you...

WY: Nado...I'll be there before you know it.

At the garden, Seyoung was t some potted plants and omonim was filling in some pots with soil. She did the work quietly and so intently that omonim had to tell her to take it easy...

OM: Seyoung ahh...how do you feel...being with Wooyoung? Is it bearable? 

SY: I'm used to it omonim...I have always been this way...I just try hard to focus on Wooyoung...and not our situation...

OM: You're just like me then...The Jang ladies are strong and independent...you'll fit right in...

SY: Really? Thank you omonim. But...I try to rely on him from time to time...

OM: He'll appreciate that...he really wants you to depend on him sometimes...

SY: I do...emotionally I depend on him a lot. He may not realize it though...but he pushes me to carry on...with our relationship...

OM: Hmmm...he might just not realize that...that big baby...

SY: That's okay...

OM: The first time I met you...I was already wishing both of you would be together...

SY: Omonim...

OM: You were so different...it was unexpected. I knew he was attracted to you then, but I didn't expect him to have the courage to take it further...because of your strong character...Wooyoung is so used to protecting than being protected...he didn't know how to treat you at the beginning...hahaha...I've never seen him so conflicted...

SY: Really? I'm sorry omonim. I had problem relying on him at the beginning...so I made a mess.  I tried hard not to fall for him ...simply because...of who he is. I lead a simple, dull life omonim...I'm not used to the degree of attention he's getting...it scares me. I try not to picture our future, I mean that far...I'm terrified to imagine it...

OM: (stopped suddenly)...even now? (worried)

SY: (silent)...Now I am...slowly but surely gathering courage...loving him is easy...I just...don't want to pull him down...does this even make sense omonim?

OM: You're afraid for his career? Is that it?

SY: Ne...very very afraid....I don't want to be the cause for his downfall...I won't know how to handle that...

OM: Seyoung ahh...have you ever...talked to him about this?

SY: I...I haven't...I don't want to make him worry...as long as we date secretly...that's fine...

OM: Aigooo....gosaenghaetta...(gone through a lot of trouble)....

SY: Anieyo...please don't worry omonim...really. Every relationship is not the same anyway. Ours is just...a bit more challenging...as long as Wooyoung wants to be with me...everything else seems bearable...

OM: Keurae...please call me whenever you need to talk okay?. Wooyoung might be busy but I have the time to listen and comfort you. Yaksukhae...

SY: Arassoyo omonim...I promise...

OM: keundae Seyoung ahh...just call me omma. You used to do that...

SY: Is that still okay? (Beaming)

OM: Of course...

SY: Komawoyo omma...is it time to prepare for lunch?

OM: I think so...let's go in. Shall we make kimchi first? I'll teach you his favourite...

SY: Ne.....(happy)

While going in, they heard voices outside the gate.

Omonim!!! It's us...please open the door!

OM:  Omo! They are here!

SY: (panicked)....Who omma? Should I go in and hide?

OM: No! They are Wooyoung's best friends. You met them before. Min Hyuk and Se Jun. Wooyoung must've asked them to come.

She hurriedly opened tha gate and the two friends came in. They saw Seyoung and waved.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter