Home is...

You Belong With Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

SY: Oppa...where's Minhui? You said she'd be with you when you come get me?

JH: She's already there at the theatre (sweating...I'm lying a lot these days)...you look stunning by the way...

SY: Really? Komawoyo...

Seyoung got into the car. She was wearing a lacy mini cocktail dreass that hugged her figure. It was emerald green in colour. She had a simple black long coat on her and a pair of y heels to complete her look.

Once they got there, Hwan spoke to the attendant.

JH: Please usher her to mini theatre number 3.

AT: Of course sir...

SY: What about you oppa?

JH: I need to park the car...I'll be there in a while...

Seyoung followed the attendant to the small theatre and once she entered, he brought her to a seat in front of the stage. He kept her coat away...

SY: I don't understand...why isn't anyone else here? There must be some kind of mistake...

AT: No maam...if you could just wait a while...(leaving her)

Seyoung took out her phone to dial Minhui when the stage was lighted...her eyes widened. She saw Wooyoung sitting there, a guitar in his hands...

SY: Wooyoung?

WY: Seyoung ahh...I know I've always made mistakes when we were together...and I've committed the biggest one by letting you slip away...

SY: What are you doing?

WY: I'm trying to make you trust me again...please give me a chance...so tonight...I want to do this for you...the song you wanted me to sing from your scrapbook...I understand what it means now...

The lights dimmed and he started playing the song she wanted...

Loving can hurt, loving can hurt sometimes
But it's the only thing that I know
When it gets hard, you know it can get hard sometimes
It is the only thing that makes us feel alive

We keep this love in a photograph
We made these memories for ourselves
Where our eyes are never closing
Hearts are never broken
And time's forever frozen still

So you can keep me
Inside the pocket of your ripped jeans
Holding me closer 'til our eyes meet
You won't ever be alone, wait for me to come home

Loving can heal, loving can mend your soul
And it's the only thing that I know,
I swear it will get easier,
Remember that with every piece of you
and it's the only thing we take with us when we die

We keep this love in this photograph
We made these memories for ourselves
Where our eyes are never closing
Hearts were never broken
And time's forever frozen still

So you can keep me
Inside the pocket of your ripped jeans
Holding me closer 'til our eyes meet
You won't ever be alone

And if you hurt me
That's okay baby, only words bleed
Inside these pages you just hold me
And I won't ever let you go
Wait for me to come home

When I'm away, I will remember how you kissed me
Under the lamppost back on Sixth street
Hearing you whisper through the phone,
"Wait for me to come home."

Seyoung was in tears. She recalled her feelings for him when she filled the scrapbook bit by bit, at times giddy with happines, and at times pained with sadness... 'I loved you so much then Wooyoung ahhh...'

WY: I didn't realize how much you loved me...that you would never blame me...Seyoung ahh...I was really afraid seeing you hurt...I didn't know that leaving you hurt you more...I need you...please...please come back to me, come home...(pleading)

SY: (crying) Why do you do this to me? You can't push me in and out of your life like this Wooyoung ahh...

WY: I'm sorry...just punish me...I'll take anything...

SY: I don't want to punish you...I don't have the right...not anymore...(got up to leave)

WY: Seyoung ahh...(ran downstage and caught up with her)

SY: What do you want me to do? After you left, I had to drain all my feelings for you from my system...or I would have gone crazy. I was left empty...there's nothing there anymore Wooyoung ahh...how can I start over?

WY: Seyoung ahh....I'm sorry....please give me a chance...I'll start from the beginning...I'll fill up your heart once again...

SY: Even if we did, the feelings...might also not be the same anymore. Have you ever thought of that?

WY: (eyes glistened)...Seyoung ahh...

SY: It's not that I won't take you back...I don't know if I can...if it's still possible...I don't feel anything anymore...

WY: What can I do? Didn't you feel anything when I held you at the hotel? When we're close like this?

SY: (just looked at him) Wooyoung ahh...

Wooyoung pulled her in for a hug. He held her tight, his hands wrapped around her shoulders. Seyoung just froze.

WY: Don't you feel it? How can you not feel it? My heart is about to burst...

She tried to free herself but he held on to her...

SY: Wooyoung ahh...

WY: I can't let go...no

SY: Jang Wooyoung ssi...

Her jondaemal reference to him shocked him and he released his hug.

SY: Haven't it crossed your mind that after all this while...maybe...maybe I don't love you anymore?

WY: No...it can't be.

SY: If I can prove to you...would you let me go?

WY: Seyoung no...

SY: Let me kiss you...

WY: Wh..what?

SY: If I feel nothing...promise to let me leave...

WY: What's going to happen to me if you kiss me and leave me?

SY: You're going to move on with your life...just like I did...

WY: Seyoung ahh...no...

SY: It's your call...

WY: Arasso...

SY: Are you sure?

WY: I have to know...if you still love me...

Seyoung came close and looked at him. She gripped his shirt at the waist and inched closer...Wooyoung already felt his heart thumping hard.

She gently pressed her lips on his and he felt weak. He couldn't move...the familiarity of her lips on his was overwhelming. He missed her touch, her scent, and the way her body felt against his. He hesitantly parted his lips not knowing if she would kiss him deeper, but she did. He closed his eyes as she softly kissed him.  He responded, kissing her back, suppressing a shudder that might give his feelings away.  His hands started holding her waist, rubbing it slowly. Too soon, Seyoung pulled away...

WY: I miss you so much...Seyoung ahh

SY: Wooyoung ahh...I'm sorry...

WY: Mmm? (Opening his eyes)

SY: It didn't feel the same...

WY: That's impossible...I felt it...(hurt)

SY: Just let me go...we've gone too far to turn back...

WY: No! I can't...Seyoung ahh...please...

SY: You promised...

WY: Tell me what to do...I'll do anything...don't leave me...

SY: It's too late...

 

💙💙💙💙💙💙💙💙💙💙

 

Minji and Hwan found him at the theatre an hour later. They rushed there after Seyoung's mother informed them that she got home on her own, without Wooyoung. They were worried about her since they were at her sister's house in Ilsan. At the theatre,  Wooyoung was just sitting there...numbed.

JH: Wooyoung ssi...I'm sorry...

MJ: Oppa...

WY: I need to be alone...

JH: You can't be alone like this...let me take you home.

WY: I don't want to go home...she said home is when I'm safe in her arms, protected by her love...she said that in her scrapbook...I don't have my home anymore...

MJ: Oppa...(crying)

WY: She doesn't love me anymore...

MJ: Don't speak like this oppa...

WY: I can't believe it's over...I can't take it...

JH: What went wrong? I'm sure she still loves you...(puzzled)

MJ: Oppa...kwenchana...you have tried...

They both helped him out of the theatre and into the car.

JH: I'll send him home...Minji, come with us.

MJ: Arassoyo...

WY: I need a drink...

MJ: No oppa...it won't solve anything...you need to sleep...

Suddenly Hwan's phone rang and he answered it. After a short conversation, he hung up.

JH: It was Seyoung's mother. They just got home but she's not there.

MJ: What?

WY: What?

JH: They have called her friends but she wasn't with them too...where did that girl go? Ahhh...jinjja!!

MJ: Oppa...don't be upset

JH: Oh...mian...I'm just...she can be so unpredictable sometimes...

WY: Try calling her Minji ah...(panicked)...

JH: She kept messing with my plans...she supposed to forgive and take you back...but she didn't...and now..(nagging)

WY: Maybe she's gone somewhere to clear her mind...I'll call Dongwon to help...

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter