Ask Me To Stay...

You Belong With Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A week later  was the concert night.  Soojin and Eunhye had gone ahead to help get the kids ready for their performance. Seyoung was still on her way.  She had called the girls earlier and they said that 2pm had just ended their performance, so it was okay for Seyoung to come. That was 20 minutes ago.

Tonight Seyoung wore a blue mini dress. She had her black winter leggings and boots on. She finished her look with a dark blue hooded coat.  She had just parked her car and was about to get off when she saw the 2pm members waiting for their van at the back entrance of the hall. But she didn’t see Wooyoung anywhere.  She thought she’ll give it a minute or two before leaving her car.

Wooyoung was standing, leaning on a pillar and he had his eyes closed. He was in his performance clothes so he wore an oversized coat to protect himself from the cold. The other members were joking around and he joined them from time to time. But at times he just remained distant and quiet. He didn't see Seyoung tonight too.

WY: Hyung, I'm going in for a while...it's too cold. Call me when the ride comes...

TC: Alright...don't lose your way...

Wooyoung went in and found a quiet place behind the props room. He spotted Hwan there on his own...

JH: uh? Annyeonghaseyo...Jang Wooyoung ssi? Did you leave something behind?

WY: Oh...annyeonghaseyo...we meet again. I'm just running away from the cold while waiting for the van...

They shook hands...

JH: Ahh...just your luck. I'm waiting for Seyoung. Stay here for a while until she comes

WY: Uh?..B..but I think the van will arrive any minute now..so I'll just get goin...(I can't be here....I wouldn't know what to do!)

JH: Ha..there she is!! Seyoungie...yogi..(waving his hand to her)

Wooyoung's body froze and he didn't dare turn around.  His heart was beating uncontrollably.  Seyoung ran in quick baby steps towards him...

SY: Ahh..oppa!! You don't have to wait for me...

She saw a man standing in front of Hwan...

JH: Come here! You're freezing aren't you?

SY: Eunggg...it's so cold outside...

Hwan leisurely grabbed Seyoung's hands...trying to warm them for her

JH: Look who's here Seyoung ahh...it's Jang Wooyoung ssi...it's been a while for you right?

At the mention of his name Seyoung turned and saw Wooyoung looking at her. She instinctively freed her hand from Hwan's grasp...

SY: Uh..ohh...yes, it's been a while...(she didn't know where to look or what to do...why is he staring at me like that?)

WY: Yes...it has...have you been well? (Stupid question...Jang Wooyoung!)

SY: Err...well I..(didn't have chance to finish before Hwan turned her around and remove the hood from her head)

JH: Seyoung ahh...your coat is wet...here...let me take it off for you...(he helped her it, much to her protest...she was eyeing Wooyoung uncomfortably)

SY: Oppa...what are you doing...I'm fine...

JH: What fine? You're as cold as ice...(taking her coat off for her and holding it in his hands)...should I leave you two to catch up for a while?

SY and WY: Nooo!

JH: (puzzled)...oh okay...

Wooyoung didn't know where to look...he honestly didn't feel good. Seeing her with another man made him feel queasy. So what if they are just friends? He's touching her and taking care of her like that...I may not have the right but I still can't take it! I don't want to be here watching this...

Seyoung kept glancing at Wooyoung. Wait a minute? Why am I afraid he might misunderstand...I keep forgetting he's not my boyfriend anymore. But...Wooyoung ahh...stop staring at me will you?.. Ahhh jinjja!! But...haihhh...Hwan oppa!! Why are you so clueless!!!

WY: I...I better get going...

SY: Oh yes..it was nice to see you again...

WY: Me too...(should I shake her hand? I really want to touch her...)

SY: Yes...take care. (she was bowing to him)

Wooyoung slowly held out his hand for a handshake...but Seyoung just stared at his hand. No no! I can't hold your hand...I can't! I can't!! After a few seconds, Hwan nudged her..

JH: What are you doing? Shake his hand...

SY: Ohh..I'm sorry.

Seyoung held his hand and he immediately gripped it. She wanted to let go immediately but Wooyoung held on to it.

WY: It's nice meeting you too Lee Ji Hwan ssi. Thank you for calling us for this event.

SY : Er...my hand...(looking at Wooyoung and then their hands)

Wooyoung quickly realized he hadn't let go and let it free. He immediately turned and walked away...embarrassed…

SY: (smiling...ahhhh...he's looking good)…let’s go oppa.

Seyoung and Hwan turned and left the area.  As they were walking away, Seyoung glanced back to see Wooyoung leaving. I’m glad you’re doing fine, Wooyoung ahh.  Thank you for being fine like this.  I want you to be happy…Then she turned back and held Hwan’s arm, much to his surprise.

JH: You’re happy today…

SY: Eunggg…I am.  Thank you oppa.

At that instant, Wooyoung turned back and saw them walking hand in hand.  His heart sank. I'm still a mess over you Seyoung ahh…I don't feel good. He felt chills through his body.  The night suddenly felt too cold for him to bear.

 

💙💙💙💙💙💙💙💙💙💙💙

 

Two days later, the girls met at Eunhye’s place for a slumber party.  The three of them were sleeping over.  Eunhye had been busy lately with her drama, and she was only free on one day of the week. They were chatting late into the night…

EH: I’ve gotta give it to you Seyoung…Hwan oppa is doing great…

SY: I know right? Yahh…we have done well!! So what if it took us two months…we did it!

SJ: Weirdly, your antidote kinda worked.

SY: Like magic…the best thing is not to give hope.  He just needed to get over that…

EH: I heard you bumped into Wooyoung…how was that like?

SY: Another success I must say…he could look me straight in the eye…like nothing ever happened between us..he’s doing well…

SJ: What about you? Are you okay…

SY: Seeing him like that, I felt relieved…maybe I really did the right thing…

SJ: You don’t miss him at all..

SY: (silent…) How can I? He’s fine without me, without ‘us’…

EH: But you still love him?

SY: I’ll get over it…soon

While they were talking, Seyoung’s phone rang. It was her mother…

SY: Eungg…omma. Is everything okay?

OM: Seyoung ahh…Madam Jang called you just now…

SY: Huh? Madam Jang…Madam Jang…who? (guessing hard)

OM: Wooyoung’s mother…

SY: Mwo? Wae? What happened? Is she okay?

OM: She wanted to talk to you…she said she couldn’t reach you through your phone. I told her you had to change your number…so

SY: So?

OM: I gave her your number…she might be calling you soon. I just wanted to let you know…she sounded worried…I had to give it to her…

SY: Kwenchana omma. I’ll talk to her later…don’t worry. Maybe she wants to talk about the breakup.

OM: Arasso…tell me if anything comes up.  She didn’t want to tell me…

At the same time, there was an incoming call from an unknown number…

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter