My Heart Beats For You...

You Belong With Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was almost a month and a half since they broke up. Seyoung had begun to go about her daily life as usual. She had her mobile number changed because it was too painful not seeing any text coming from Wooyoung.  She also didn't want to pick up any calls from Minji or anyone related to him.  For her, not knowing was better than feeling hurt not seeing him trying to reach out to her.  Soojin and Eunhye had almost given up in persuading her to talk things over. Seyoung's resolve was so strong, she would not even budge.

Strangely she felt fine, and she felt free...it was not as difficult as she thought it would be. She was beside herself for a few days after the breakup and couldn't even leave her room.  She kept crying until she fell sick. It was then that she decided to pick herself up. She had not cried anymore ever since...

One day in December, inside Seyoung's greenhouse...the girls were having hot cocoa and cleaning up the pots and organizing the plants....

SJ: Seyoung ahh...you're scaring us. Why aren't you even sad?

SY: Why should I be?

EH: Because you loved him...

SY: I still love him...that's why I'm fine...

SJ: If that's the case why don't you talk it out...we're here for you...

SY: I don't want to. I don't want him back...

EH: Errr...am I missing something here?

SJ: nado...nado (scratching her head)

SY: Since we broke up he's been doing well. His concerts...his upcoming solo...he looks healthy...he looks happy...nothing bad came out of it...

SJ: except that you are NOT together? Duh???

SY: He said it himself...he was always anxious...of what he can't give me...of what he can't do for me...girls...he was living in anxiety and fear when we were together...I did that to him.  I made him that way...do you know how awful I felt? Doing that to the man I love...Look at him now? It's the best thing I've ever done for him...

Seyoung continued to spray her bonsai trees and adjusted their warm lighting. Soojin and Eunhye were exchanging puzzled looks.

SJ: Eunhye yaa...I think our friend has gone completely mad.

SY: (laughed)

EH: See? She's even laughing like a mad woman...aigooo

SY: What's so difficult to understand?

EH: Is that even a question? Which part of it is easy?

SY: He wanted a breakup...I gave it to him...which part is difficult to understand again?

SJ: The part where you didn't want to break up and you still love him. The part where you cried your eyes out for days and had to be taken to the hospital coz you were dehydrated from not eating and all that crying. The part that you're shutting us out from what you're really feeling...yeah...that part!

SY: It's not important what I want.  I will live...he...

EH: he?

SY: Maybe I'm just not made for long-term relationships...I will just grow old with you girls...

EH: Yaaa...I actually do want to get married you know...don't drag me into your twisted plan...

SY: kekeke...arasso...I'll grow old with Gummie!

SJ: Poor Gummie...she has a crazy owner...

SY: Girls...I don't want to be miserable...and I don't want to make others miserable because of me...of my situation...of the way I am...I just want to be a decent, honest, working, loving person who does good for others...

EH: We got it...but you can be good and in love at the same time you know...

SY: I suppose so...but that man can't be Wooyoung, and it can't be Hwan oppa...look what I've done to them? It's like I've poisoned their lives or something…(regretful)...

EH: No you didn't...you made them so happy when you were together...

SY: That's what I thought too...in the end...I was just being selfish and delusional...I need to give them the antidote now...

SJ: Speaking of antidote Doctor Park...when are we seeing Hwan oppa again?

SY: Next Monday...at the concert rehearsal. At 3...don't be late...

EH: Aigoooo...what have we become Soojin ahhh?

SJ: Therapy partners. Yaah...all sorts of things are happening...soon you should put us on payroll...

SY: Yahhh...is that so hard? He's been trying hard to be just friends with me...let’s just help him out. I can't be seen alone with him...he's a high profile eligible bachelor...so you guys need to be there at all times...mianhae...saranghae chingu yaa...

Seyoung was slowly trying to make Hwan realize that they can never be more than friends. So they have been meeting up together with friends. It was the only way she could think of.  She was helping both Hwan and his mother. At least his mother was not bothering Seyoung about accepting him anymore.  Of course Hwan did not take it easily...but he knew he had no choice. After a while, he realised that Seyoung meant what she said. So he slowly accepted it and had his life sorted out.  He began by gradually taking over his father's business and had agreed to go for only one seon in 3 months. His mother was agreeable to that. He was also happier and healthier. Seyoung gave him the ultimatum...it's either friends or nothing...and Hwan had chosen to try and be friends...at least he got to be near her from time to time...

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter